First Cycle Question - Accutane - TRT

Orebiter

Hi Guys,

I've been a long time lurker and decided to finally run my first real cycle. Over the last four years I've made some life style changes and took up working out as a hobby. I went from 180lbs @ 27% body fat to 185lbs @ 14% body fat.

About a year and a half ago I started TRT. They currently have me at a split @ 65mg of Test Cyp a week. I was recently taken off AI because my E2 levels were at 10. They have me replacing it with Zinc once a day, for now.

I've had a problem with Acne while I've been on TRT. I've been breaking out chest, back, shoulders and face. The breakout is between Cysts and regular pimples.

The dermatologist put me on minocycline @ 100mg twice a day, which got it from awful to just embarrassing. Unfortunately, this hasn't killed it off and now the doctor wants me to do a 6 month course of Accutane. Which I'm inclined to do, but I had a few questions because I have a chance to run my first cycle. I have 8 weeks where I'm basically able to focus completely on my cycle, eating and working out uninterrupted.

While I know this all seems like overkill, but I wanted to get all the facts out there first before I asked my question.

I was planning on the following for 8 weeks:

Test Cyp = 65mg @ there times a week. Currently twice a week from TRT
Anavar = 50mg daily
hCG = 250mg twice a week

I was planning to start the Accutane soon. Can I run this cycle while on Accutane? Should I modify the cycle while on Accutane? And any feedback on the cycle itself?

I know people hate Accutane. I'm at the point where I don't have much choice but to do the Accutane. I've tried tanning, I've tried antibiotics, I've tried the benzoyl washes and I keep getting cysts and breakouts.

I'm really looking to put this 8 week window I have to good use, I'm most concerned about how this new medicine will interplay with my cycle.

Thanks for any help or guidance. And let me know if I'm in the wrong forum, I'll be happy to kill this thread a move it.

stay away from accutane as much as possible. it should not even be on the market in my OP!
you can have sides years after stopping it. not worth it in any case IMO

stick with a run or two of antibiotics.
they wanted to put my lil bro on it and asked my mom to sign a liability form.... for acne meds...
do a few months of research on it and possible sides and how it alters you on a genetic level..
careful..

try drbronners magic soaps ( I like peppermint) only wash 2x a day max and also 3-4 servings of apple cider vinegar "with mother" and that is by mouth BTW. tea tree oil on skin might also help, drbronner has that of soap too.

use an AI on cycle, itjust about stopped my acne on cycle.
and i has cycsts and am all scared from it, i had it bad,, so its not "that i dont understand how bad it is" i had to put down a towel on my bed for months so the blood and scabs wouldent ruin the sheets

Last edited:
I respect JP for fighting through the acne but accutane is pretty much as close as you can get to a miracle drug for acne.
I suffered from severe depression & I lost a year of my life thanks to acne - Im thankful everyday that accutane was available for me.

In terms of your question OP, IMO you shouldn't take accutane while on cycle.
By altering your androgen/estrogen levels your going to make it more difficult for the tane to do what it does best.
Plus mixing it with orals isn't a good idea for your liver.

I would take the accutane first, clear the acne, then start any cycle you have planned.
If you HAVE to start a cycle now, then save the accutane for later but be warned - your acne will get MUCH worse.

Juced_Porkchop - Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about the Accutane and really want to run a cycle. I want to push up my Test levels to get some better results, but I'm very concerned about my breakouts going nuts.

I'm thinking I'll just keep on the minocycline and see how the breakout goes as I edge up my Test. I'll start using apple cider vinegar.

How does the cycle sound?

@Mrrippedzilla - does Anavar impact E2 / cause worse acne? Can I just up my Test does while on Accutane instead?

@Mrrippedzilla - does Anavar impact E2 / cause worse acne? Can I just up my Test does while on Accutane instead?

Alot of people falsely believe that E2 alone is responsible for acne but the fact is test is at least an equal culprit.

Var is pretty kind when it comes to estrogen but as oral it does harm your liver. Since accutane is also harmful to the liver, I don't think its a good idea to combine two liver toxic compounds.
I recommend having bloodwork to check your liver profile on accutane as an absolute MUST - don't use it if you cant get this checked.

Increasing your test will make the acne worse.
People will say that you can take an AI to combat the increased estrogen but since your e2 is already low, its clear that estrogen management alone will do nothing for your acne.

Again, IMO - accutane first, cycle second is the answer.

Var itself is mildly hepa-toxic.. its actually the least hepa-toxic of all orals.. but rip is right.. running accutane with an oral is not a good idea..

i personally think accutane is a horrible drug.. it takes a big bite out of you for what it gives.. in cases like rip its beneficial.. some people truly do need it and it does work..

but it kicks your ass in the process

Back