first two weeks

crc66

Two weeks ago I started my first cycle. My cycle is based on some great advice from some very knowledgeable guys on this site. My question is not so much about my cycle but more about the injections.

I am taking 1.6ml of Test in one injection, once a week. I am using 22 gage needles that are 1 inch long. I took my first injection in the right thigh on some advice from some guys at my gym. My second shot I put in my ass. After both shots the area around the injection became hard and very sensitive, sort of like a big burse. This lasts for 4 or 5 days.

I am very careful to use alcohol swaps on the area before and after. I also use a swap to clean the top of vile before extracting with the needle.

Any idea what is going on?

Last edited:
it's not uncommon to experience some pain when opening new sites, and more so with certain steroids and their concentrations.

the more volume you inject into a site the more likely it is to hurt.

what test are you running and why have you chosen shooting only once a week?

I am using Test Cypionate, (250mg/ml).

I was told by someone on this site that since this was my first cycle and I was only injecting 1.6ml per week to take it in one injection.

I guess there would be no problem in taking two .8ml injections per week, one on Monday and one on Thursday.

I also did the thigh for my first, injection of 2cc, and couldnt walk for like a day :)
I also tried the ass for the second time and that was the worst, i prefer the thigh by far.. Also its much more easier, yo ucan sit down and relax..

take a look at www.spotinjections.com

I'd call 1.6ml a large shot, tho bigger users will disagree. I would split it into 2/wk, rotating sites of course.

I think with injecting 1.6ml in the glutes or thigh you should be using a 1.5 inch needle... I have found the deeper you get the oil in the muscle, the less it hurts...especially for glutes...

try loading the syringe with the 22 guage or even bigger around needle and the swapping in a new sharp 25 guage for the thigh shots , also inject SLOWLY ,this can help.

Thanks guys. Some more good advice. I will try two .8ml injections during the week and go easy on the injection. If that does not work I will try different gauge needles.

Thanks again

Ive never injected more than 1.5ml at one time. Damn, i guess I think im bigger than i really am.

Ive never injected more than 1.5ml at one time. Damn, i guess I think im bigger than i really am.

theres absolutely nothing wrong with spaceing the shots out with smaller injections , im just saying 1.6 cc isnt whats causeing his trouble.
i dont know that it makes a huge difference but smaller more frequent injects will keep hormone blood levels more stable , which should help gains and minimize sides .

.8ml ed around these parts. trap last night. can't do that myself.

theres absolutely nothing wrong with spaceing the shots out with smaller injections , im just saying 1.6 cc isnt whats causeing his trouble.
i dont know that it makes a huge difference but smaller more frequent injects will keep hormone blood levels more stable , which should help gains and minimize sides .

I know, i was just messing around.

I say his trouble could be a number of things: too short of a needle(for glute anyhow), moving the needle around too much, sensitivity cause its his first time using test, or something in the gear.

I know, i was just messing around.

I say his trouble could be a number of things: too short of a needle(for glute anyhow), moving the needle around too much, sensitivity cause its his first time using test, or something in the gear.

or shooting to fast

I used to always make my test up at 500mg/mL which hurts like a bitch, but I always added some sterile oil to the syringe. Dilute it enough and you won't have any pain the next day. But if you're like me, you get to kind of like the pain. :insane2:

i think anyone would disagree.

Maybe so. I consider 1ml to be an average sized shot, 1.6ml to be larger than average, but that's strictly my own POV. I'm a relative newb so I still prefer smaller, more frequent shots. Stable levels are where it's at, and I don't like any distractions on leg day.

Back