Forearm Training Question

guittarjedi

For a while I was doing 2 sets of wrist curls, both down and up, almost every day. I developed a sorenes in my right elbow that would not go away. I realized I was overtraining and stopped doing wrist curls for about 5 months. I'm now slowly getting back to them using less weight and less reps. I'm thinking of alternating by doing down curls one day and up the next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wrists curls are crap IMO... Believe it or not I feel body weight rows really hit my forearms. Basically any exercise where you need a firm grip will make the forearms bigger. Pinwheels and hammer curls work well too

I like wrist curls because they isolate the top of the forearm and bottom of the forearm. I looked in my Musclemag International Arnold Collector's Issue and they say that Arnold did 5 sets of 10 wrist curls and reverse wrist curls on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

i have a genetically small forearm and most people make issues about it..how it is not proportionate and stuff.

the thing is...i do train them and can grip more than most people with bigger forearms.

i'd say do lots of grip works. i do that

Try doing towl pullups there great for improving your grip and in hand developing your forearms, reverse ez bar curls I find they work also and Beer lifts (hammers) do work if done correctly you never see a beer drinker with little forearms

i think you shoud train forearms in the pre season and not the off season. and if you trained forearms, hit them hard once a week.. and make sure you hit them a LONG WAY WAY from YOUR back session.

Hang from a chinning station/bar without weight initially and when you can do 90secs start hanging weight around your waist.
This is an official DC move.

I found that doing heavy back and shoulders w/out straps worked the best for me. Now I am able to hangon to about 465....anything heavier I still strap up for.

hammer curls are good for forearms but even better is tying a string around a small rod and tieing weights to the other end and rolling it up on the rod. do it with an overhand grip, and underhand

Heavy wrist curls built my forarms. I do 3 sets w/ a working weight of 175lbs.

IMG_1700.jpg

Traintokill said:
Hang from a chinning station/bar without weight initially and when you can do 90secs start hanging weight around your waist.
This is an official DC move.

are you hanging in the chin up position or are your arms fully extended?

guittarjedi said:
For a while I was doing 2 sets of wrist curls, both down and up, almost every day. I developed a sorenes in my right elbow that would not go away. I realized I was overtraining and stopped doing wrist curls for about 5 months. I'm now slowly getting back to them using less weight and less reps. I'm thinking of alternating by doing down curls one day and up the next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you want an amazing forearm workout, try reverse curls on a preacher bench (use an EZ curl bar with thumbs over top) Your forearms will explode

teej said:
hammer curls are good for forearms but even better is tying a string around a small rod and tieing weights to the other end and rolling it up on the rod. do it with an overhand grip, and underhand

was shown that technique in prison, blows your forearms right out, and they hurt for fucking days if you roll it up, then back out under control near end up like friggin popeye ugh ugh ugh ugh

viceman316 said:
are you hanging in the chin up position or are your arms fully extended?

pretty sure arms extended, no reason for working your lats and bi while doing a forearm exercise.

Back