Forearms are killing me

Eze

here is my problem, when I workout arms I get this terrible pain down my forearm. It seems to follow my ulna and it hurts quite a bit. At first I thought it was a bone problem, but now I think it has something to do with the small muscle that border the ulna bone.

The pain is the most intense for 2-3 seconds after I put down the weight. For example, when I am doing bar curls, during the movement I am okay. After the set, as I let go of the weight, I get this piercing pain the shoots up and down my forearm.

Lately I have also been getting this pain from doing heavy dumbell curls. As soon as I set down the weight, the pain sets in.

Anyone know what the problem can be? I know it doesn't have anything to do with AAS, because I was having these pains before I even started a cycle. They come and go, but when I have them it is extremely uncomfortable. Who got a remedy for me?

Tendonitis. The only remedy is to ease off of it for a week or so. I get it from doing heavy barbell curls.

i have the same exact problem. the only muscle i can think of in that area would be the pronator teres because it's insertion point is on the ulna, but it doesn't really make sence because its action is for turning the wrist to a prone position, which is not the action taken when curling. if somebody knows how to avoid this let me know.

I tooo have the same exact problem, especially when i do preacher curls. i was guessing that my forearms cant keep up with my bicep strength, but am not sure

Dude I had the same problem a few days ago so i posted on this board...
Take Glucosamine and MSM... Make sure its Glucosamine sulfate...

You can find them both in your local pharmacy for about 20 bucks a bottle.

I started taking them and i noticed a difference within the next few days. Now i can barely feel it.

Its great to have a board like this where you can find knowledge from from years of experiences of ppl.

to repeat everyone else "i have the same problem"

but i noticed it seems to be CAUSED by barbell curls (atleast for me).

I started takeing it easy on barbell curls and not going as heavy. to compensate for not giving it my all, i added in another workout to make up for it (chinups)...

the pain went away after about 2-3 wks (i did take the first week off) and i havent had it come back.

also try not to over spend yourself at the gym till ur healed.

Remember tendinitis can run from the tips of your fingers all the way up through your shoulders.

I know its hard not to lift hard... Im in the middle of a cycle and i had to stop lifting hard for the last week of DBol......

same exact thing here too, i posted it about a month ago..
i didnt know what to do, So i just took 4 days off and it helped a lot..but still if i go heavy ill feel the pain after a few sets......another thing was i noticed the ez curl bar played hell on it also so now i just use dumbells (fairly light). I didnt experience this kind of pain until i was on cycle, now that im off its still there but tolerable...i thought it was my tendons, but still not sure yet..

ya that shit happens to me, it hurt bad as hell its like i dont wanna let go of the bar. the wost excerises r preacher curls also and straight bar curls. i have had it for year and i just deal with the pain, i dont think there is really any thign i can do.

Iv had that also. I switched to doing ez-bar curs and light wieghts for a few weeks. Eventually it went away.

actually i think its the other way around, the biceps dont keep up with forearms, i had the same problem, and i started to make sure when i lifted i focused on flexing the bicep and just using the hands and forearms as hooks, try that, dont flex ur forearm or hands, they arejust there to hold it, obvoisly you guys know thhis, i dont know any better than any of you, it just really helped out for my pains

i have a similar problem sorta, my upper/outer forearm muscle gets extremely sore and uncomfortable when i do heavy curls and do a full range of motion. i been staying away from the forearm soreness by not going all the way down on my curls

i stopped doing preachers, laid off for a bit and lowered the weight when training biceps and my pain went away. i get it occaisionally. i think tendonitis is a very likely scenario.

you could try celebrex or some other joint med. maybe chondritin glucosamine?

Gone through this a zillion times. What finally solved my problems was to drop barbell curls altogether. Also I lessened my weight. Used to curl 155lbs or so for max Hypertrophy. Now I just find creative ways to blast them with less weight and more reps using DBs. Particularly Hammer curls. Seems the added support of the Brachialis helps out. Bis are larger than ever now.

Tendonitis- flaring up of tissue and surrounding area in the forearms caused by heavy lifting or repeated use of the area. Alot of drummers and golfers get this too. Time off is the only way.

Rest my friend, it happens to all of us. Just switch up the curls to some dumbell work, this lets your arms move in a more "free" motion than if restricted by a bar and tends to take the stress off the forearms.

Like I said, I even get the pain from doing dumbell shrugs. I'm sure it is probably just a slight muscle inflammation. Maybe some ibuprofen would be a good idea.

Back