forming a big painful lump a week AFTER inj!!!

C Murda

so the stuff ive been using has been pain free no issues with it and ive been very clean about injecting and aspirate rub it after etc... anyways i alternate glutes so tomorrow i am up to do a pin in my left glute which is the one i did last week and i began to notice some slight pain maybe a day or two ago and now today it is getting very painful and i can feel a giant lump forming. its not hot or warm to the touch, no redness, no flu like symptoms just painful swelling! now with other stuff ive taken in the past i would get this exact same reaction 12 hrs after pinning and it would last for about 2-3 days.... why all of a sudden is this happening to me a WEEK after inj?? and with stuff that up until this point has been painless???

Make sure you keep clean, Wash hands before and after. I would suggest not massaging the injection site right after. It might aggravate it. Hot compress day after if you want. Also keep a steady hand. More you move around more aggravated the site can get. If it starts to get worse or starts forming a peak to it like a cyst better get into the doc. Just keep an eye on it

so the stuff ive been using has been pain free no issues with it and ive been very clean about injecting and aspirate rub it after etc... anyways i alternate glutes so tomorrow i am up to do a pin in my left glute which is the one i did last week and i began to notice some slight pain maybe a day or two ago and now today it is getting very painful and i can feel a giant lump forming. its not hot or warm to the touch, no redness, no flu like symptoms just painful swelling! now with other stuff ive taken in the past i would get this exact same reaction 12 hrs after pinning and it would last for about 2-3 days.... why all of a sudden is this happening to me a WEEK after inj?? and with stuff that up until this point has been painless???

What lab is the gear from?

You know if you have an allergy to soy? If so then if they use ethyl oleate in their gear that could cause it, but if that was it I'm sure you would know by now and it shouldn't take a week to notice. It sounds like you either got a small infection from not being cautious enough or you irritated it after the pin and when you pinned perhaps you weren't as steady as you should have been. I know it can be hard to pin back there while being completely still.

Sounds like an infection. If it gets worse see the Dr.

Good luck bro

i hope its not SERIOUS and hope it goes away on its own... as of today though my left glute is noticeably larger than my right! and i mean really it looks as if i have one huge ass cheek and then one tiny ass cheek! its not a cystic lump really either its more like a long lump (maybe long due to my pants sitting right above on my waist line) with a lot of swelling surround it. i have to actually try to get my pants up and over that one ass cheek! ive had a reaction like this before but like i said it was 12 hrs post injection and i believe it was due to the BA as i also came down with an aching body and flu like symptoms that all lasted 2-3 days... this is my personal home brew that ive been injecting for the last 9 weeks with no issues at all!! first week i had the seriously painful swelling and flu symptoms so i tried to cook the BA off as i think i had made it 3% since then every pin has went in smooth and pain free until this last one... i use a VERY steady hand as i am capable of using both hands when injecting.. one will hold the pin steady and perpendicular while the other hand also holds steady and pushes in the gear.

i dont know just find this odd to have happened nearly a week after pinning and with the same batch that has been pain free since i cooked the BA out

OHH and i forgot to mention that the only thing i can think of that i did differently was i injected 1.5CC because i missed the previous inj day and was 3 days over due!

Last edited:
just an update.... pain seems to be subsiding and so is the swelling! hopefully this was just a freak reaction nothing major... but i havent taken a shot since! now 9 days!!!

I've been cycling on and off for years and have the same problem every so often. Rest and Advil seem to help me the most. I think 10 days should be the max you wait to have it looked at. I reposted a interesting article about injection pain you should check out. Feel better.

Alternate more than just your glutes. You're literally slicing your tissues open with a small knife and the body tends to get pissed off if you keep doing that in the same spot. Not sure why you'd cook out BA as that keeps it sterile, but it's your body. :p

Also, NEVER rub an injection site. Many guys do this out of instinct, and it only makes it worse. The only thing you should do is apply light pressure after the injection. As mentioned above, this can sometimes just happen where the oil depot doesn't absorb right away and gets "stuck". Time will fix that as long as you leave it alone.

My .02c :)

Back