2c white rice
1/2c green peas
Usually a glass of 2%milk.

Gym.... PWO shake

Chicken breast meal X 2

10oz ribeye
1/2 white rice

Bedtime.

I know I need some fats in here. I plan on adding some fish oil. I add some snacks in every now and then... maybe toast with PB, more eggs, raw carrot, soup, lots of cottage cheese when its on sale, bananas are usually always on hand, i bake cornbread and banana bread quite often..... But the above is my basic template that I need to keep my stomach from going hungry.
Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Not much variety in food here... But:
176lbs
Maybe 15% bf max
25yo
Powerlifting
Weight maintenance diet.

2c oats +tbs brown sugar +milk
Hard boiled egg

Protein shake at work

Chicken breast 11oz
2c white rice
1/2c green peas
Usually a glass of 2%milk.

Gym.... PWO shake

Chicken breast meal X 2

10oz ribeye
1/2 white rice

Bedtime.

I know I need some fats in here. I plan on adding some fish oil. I add some snacks in every now and then... maybe toast with PB, more eggs, raw carrot, soup, lots of cottage cheese when its on sale, bananas are usually always on hand, i bake cornbread and banana bread quite often..... But the above is my basic template that I need to keep my stomach from going hungry.
Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

what exactly are ur goals???

u said this is a weight maint diet?? well.. do u maint ur weight at this diet??

Ha, sorry I was thinking while I was at the gym that would be your answer.

My goals are to win some powerlifting meets come September.
Come meet Ill have to lose 16lbs... Which scares the shit outta me; having to lift big weight. So I dont want to put on too much in the interim and then diet and lose lots of strength come meet. But, it might be necessary to add weight to get the strength I need.

Anyways, yes, my current diet is maintaining 176lbs.
I'm just looking for a critic on what Im missing to keep my strength moving up.

Thanks

well.. in order to understand whats going wrong we have to know what your taking in..

i gotta tell ya with the stack ur on its hard to believe ur not settiing up to ur goals..

either
1.ur diet is horribly out of wack
2. u got some bunk/underdosed gear

so, get specific with me and tell me what your diet looks like..

break it down into meals with times...

let me know where ur workout is in the day...

thanx for the response.

my current meals are as follows:

7:30 - 6 egg white + oats
10:00- banana +500ml low fat milk
12:00 - 2 chicken breasts and white rice + vegs
3:00 - brown bread and smoked trukey sandwich
5:00 - low fat yougurt + 6 dates
workout
2 scoops whey isolate protein shake
dinner: lean beef steak + veg+ dry baked potato

now i know that this diet is a bit messed up, but this idiot gym trainer was asking me to trsut him and just no arguement !! so i need to know how should i have my diet like, and where should i increase and decrease my proteins and carbs during the day. another thing, what about diet and cardio, i just started doing cardio for 30 mins 4 times a week to help lose the extra stubborn fat in my abdo area. what do u suggest for cardio, and diet, so that i dont lose my musceles gains as well.

thanx a lot !

I could use some diet advice
I'm on a gaining cycle and after my pct I plan on running another one before I start cutting.
Currently I'm at 275 and would like to get to 300 in 6 months (I know it's a tall order)

Here is what I have come up with as a basic outline for my diet

meal 1 2scoop shake in water and 1/2cup dry oats (or 6oz chicken and 1/2 cup oats)
meal 2 9oz lean ground beef (or chicken), 1cup brown rice (Sweet potato or couscous), 1 cup broccoli
meal 3 1 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with wheat germ, and 1 med apple
meal 4 2scoop shake in water and 1/2cup dry oats, and 1 med banana
meal 5 9oz chicken in mixed green salad, w 1/2 avocado, and 1 med apple
meal 6 2scoop shake in water and 1/2cup dry oats
meal 7 1cup cottage cheese, 1 med banana

est protein 420+, est carbs 400, est fat 55 (without added fish and flax oil)

thanks in advance

I'm on a gaining cycle and after my pct I plan on running another one before I start cutting.
Currently I'm at 275 and would like to get to 300 in 6 months (I know it's a tall order)

meal 1 2scoop shake in water and 1/2cup dry oats (or 6oz chicken and 1/2 cup oats)
meal 2 9oz lean ground beef (or chicken), 1cup brown rice (Sweet potato or couscous), 1 cup broccoli

thanks in advance

your going to want to post up bmr/tdee, also going to want macros per meal, and where your workout is ie:between which meals

your going to want to post up bmr/tdee, also going to want macros per meal, and where your workout is ie:between which meals

thank you for the quick responce
I will get the numbers together and post them up, sorry I didn't have it in my first post

Ha, sorry I was thinking while I was at the gym that would be your answer.

My goals are to win some powerlifting meets come September.
Come meet Ill have to lose 16lbs... Which scares the shit outta me; having to lift big weight. So I dont want to put on too much in the interim and then diet and lose lots of strength come meet. But, it might be necessary to add weight to get the strength I need.

Anyways, yes, my current diet is maintaining 176lbs.
I'm just looking for a critic on what Im missing to keep my strength moving up.

Thanks

you have an interesting situation....

in order to gain strength you need to eat more then maint levels.. but u have to be lighter then u are right now...

do you have a lifting coach???

what i would say is to bulk.. very lean.. and then cut half way through the year through maint work and cardio...

thanx for the response.

workout

now i know that this diet is a bit messed up, but this idiot gym trainer was asking me to trsut him and just no arguement !! so i need to know how should i have my diet like, and where should i increase and decrease my proteins and carbs during the day. another thing, what about diet and cardio, i just started doing cardio for 30 mins 4 times a week to help lose the extra stubborn fat in my abdo area. what do u suggest for cardio, and diet, so that i dont lose my musceles gains as well.

thanx a lot !

well, the diet isn't horrible.. and with the amount of gear that ur on u should be gaining... add protein to ur 10am.. add pro/carbs to ur 5pm.. remove the carbs from dinner and put it in ur shake.. (i like a whole white bagel).. and add fats to ur dinner

thanks in advance

whats ur bf there buddy?

3J

Got a question for ya. I remember reading one of your posts about a year ago or so about lipid levels. I seem to recall someone looking bigger or/better and you said his lipid levels were probably lower? (or maybe higher) after a refeed and thats why he looked so much better. Am i right? Im asking because i ate like shit during the last few days (desserts and shit i never eat) but looked much fuller and looked better with the exception of feeling bloated. I dont look bloated but feel like it. Wondering why

3J

Got a question for ya. I remember reading one of your posts about a year ago or so about lipid levels. I seem to recall someone looking bigger or/better and you said his lipid levels were probably lower? (or maybe higher) after a refeed and thats why he looked so much better. Am i right? Im asking because i ate like shit during the last few days (desserts and shit i never eat) but looked much fuller and looked better with the exception of feeling bloated. I dont look bloated but feel like it. Wondering why

no thats the glycogen levels.. which kick ur body out of starvation mode, which lets ur body drop fat again..

some people will hard core diet trying to lose weight... they stall.. then have a carb up day through bad eating.. and look leaner then next day.. its a common thing

no thats the glycogen levels.. which kick ur body out of starvation mode, which lets ur body drop fat again..

some people will hard core diet trying to lose weight... they stall.. then have a carb up day through bad eating.. and look leaner then next day.. its a common thing

Ok thanks bro

I wish this thread would get some replies or views. This thread could have been good but no one will view it. what a shame...

Im 21 yrs old

260 Ibs

6 ft tall

30% BF

BMR 2162.80

TDEE 2595.36

Hey 3j its me again,

this is my current diet

Meal 1 - 3 eggs, 2 bags oat meal, green tea.

Meal 2 - Grapefruit, Protein shake, Yogurt cottage Cheese

meal 3 - Grilled Chicken (100g) + Salad

Meal 4 - Apple, Yougurt cottage cheese, Peanuts+almonds.

(green tea between meal 4 and 5)

Meal 5 - Salmon + Salad.

(Green tea between meal 5 and 6)

Meal 6 - Slices of Chicken Breast, Protein Shake, Cheese.

8 cups of water.

I havnt done any cardio or resistance training yet.

But starting tommorow, im doing Cardio mon - fri. And Weight Training Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri.

So if the current diet is not good enough with the cardio and weight train. Please provide me and a better diet, i would greatly appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Im 21 yrs old

260 Ibs

6 ft tall

30% BF

BMR 2162.80

TDEE 2595.36

Hey 3j its me again,

this is my current diet

Meal 1 - 3 eggs, 2 bags oat meal, green tea.

Meal 2 - Grapefruit, Protein shake, Yogurt cottage Cheese

meal 3 - Grilled Chicken (100g) + Salad

Meal 4 - Apple, Yougurt cottage cheese, Peanuts+almonds.

(green tea between meal 4 and 5)

Meal 5 - Salmon + Salad.

(Green tea between meal 5 and 6)

Meal 6 - Slices of Chicken Breast, Protein Shake, Cheese.

8 cups of water.

I havnt done any cardio or resistance training yet.

But starting tommorow, im doing Cardio mon - fri. And Weight Training Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri.

So if the current diet is not good enough with the cardio and weight train. Please provide me and a better diet, i would greatly appreciated thanks.

take everything uv put here in ur diet and input it into fitday.com.. come back to me with the results

Originally Posted by bahguy
thanx for the response.

workout

thanx a lot !
well, the diet isn't horrible.. and with the amount of gear that ur on u should be gaining... add protein to ur 10am.. add pro/carbs to ur 5pm.. remove the carbs from dinner and put it in ur shake.. (i like a whole white bagel).. and add fats to ur dinner

Ok thanks will do so, but is this the diet to start cutting ? im tired of my soft abs !! need to lose that stuborn fat.. and i started doing cardio every other day fro 30 mins.. any comments on that ?

Originally Posted by bahguy
thanx for the response.

workout

thanx a lot !

Ok thanks will do so, but is this the diet to start cutting ? im tired of my soft abs !! need to lose that stuborn fat.. and i started doing cardio every other day fro 30 mins.. any comments on that ?

so when ur saying u havn't seen any results are u talking about gaining mass or losing fat???

i thought u were bulking with that comment

Back