Free Diet Advice from 3J

Age 33
Weight 210
Height 511
Bf dunno yet
Not sure what PWO whey is but I drink a lot of 100 % whey and optimal nutrition whey I add water ice half frozen banana & a couple strawberries
I am thinking about adding fiber pills to my diet let me know what u think
I have been going to the gym for a few years now and am stuck at my current weight. I start lifting weights 2 months ago. I lift 5 x a week. I also run 3 miles 5 x a week and another mile on the treadmill. I do not eat any candy and drink only diet soda. I think one of my problems is i don't get enough sleep. I go to sleep @ 2 am wake up at 830 and don't really eat anything until 10 am drink tea with splenda and usually only eat some kind of nuts cashews/almonds or one those of those Atkins bars. i usually eat a soup for lunch but since switched to salads or whey powder. then ill eat something @ 3pm same thing at 10 am usually. Go to gym at 5 get home and usually ether eat whey powder or ham, cheese or roast beef. Once a week ill order out for Chinese and try to stay low carb and only order wings, egg foo young with no sauce, boneless spear ribs. I eat more at night then in the morning and don't drink enough water but try. I also just started to take T3. So hopefully that will help. I am trying to loose 25-30 pounds and tone up at same time.

ok bud let me explain how things work on this thread so your up to date...

if you go back and read EVERYTHING in post 1 and do exactly everything thats asked of you.. including posting up a diet with macros (explained in first post) with bmr/tdee.. ill critique it for free... this is something i do for every member on the board...

the way your going with explaining your day it sounds like you want someone to build a diet for you.. if that's something your interested in your more then welcome to be a client..

either way we'll help you reach your goals my friend.. let me know!!

age 22
weight 75 kg
height 1,82 m
bf 16%
goal i want to reduce bf

bmr 1929 kcal+ tdee 1800kcal i don' t know if 1800 is real . i did on an internet site. i study during the day and i train during the afternoon..

i practice pl for 6 day a week.

my diet

moorning

50 gr of maltodestrine
500ml milk
2 eggs
50 gr of tuna

after 3 hour

20 gr of nuts
25 grams of protein

lunch
40 gr of protein
40 gr of fat

afetr training

50 gr of maltodestrine
50 gr of protein

dinner
40 gr of protein
40 gr of fat

after
20 gr of protein
30 of fat

carbo 100 gr
protein 200 gr
fat 135 gr

total calories 2400

i think that are little even if i want lo lose weight. can i have any advice? i want to use a methabolic diet. thanks

Last edited:
age 22
weight 80 kg
height 1,82 m
bf 16%
goal i wanto to weight 75 kg for contest reason

1929 kcal+1800kcal i don' t know if 1800 is real . i did on an internet site. i study during the day and i train during the afternoon..

i practice pl for 6 day a week.

my diet

moorning

50 gr of maltodestrine
500ml milk
2 eggs
50 gr of tuna

after 3 hour

20 gr of nuts
25 grams of protein

lunch
40 gr of protein
40 gr of fat

afetr training

50 gr of maltodestrine
50 gr of protein

dinner
40 gr of protein
40 gr of fat

after
20 gr of protein
30 of fat

carbo 100 gr
protein 200 gr
fat 135 gr

total calories 2400

i think that are little even if i want lo lose weight. can i have any advice? i want to use a methabolic diet. thanks
i have no idea waht your eating so i cant critique the way i want to...

whats your bmr/tdee??

if you dont know go back and read post 1 of this thread...

contest prep is gonna take much more then what you got going on here... there's heavy manipulation involved in contest prep dieting..

i do contest prep for people who wanna become clients..

if you wanna take the free route you need to post your actual diet with macros...

3J, here Is my info, hope you can help.

Height: 5 10
Weight: 182Lbs
BF: 14-15% using caliper, and electronic scale
Goal: 170-179lbs, with 5-8% BF, (Decent Beach body)
BMR using #1: 1869.4,
TDEE 1869 x 1.55 = 2897.01, 1869.4 x 1.725 = 3224.71

Hello to all the members on this forum, good luck to you all in achieving your goals.
A little info on my situation, currently working in Afghanistan so first of all the food quality isnt all that great. Im limited to only three meals so everything else I eat has to be able to be stored in a locker, one reason I chose the protein. My breakfast and lunch are exactly the same everyday, however I do switch out the turkey for tuna with one packet of tartar sauce. The dinner changes everyday as far as protein goes, I try to choose the leanest one possible, chicken breast, fish, or on really bad day turkey hamburger patty. I do a lot of grappling and MMA, so I am using my time here to get in the best shape I can so I can compete when I get back to the states. So my goal is to be lean as possible while still having some muscle, I guess that would be a beach body look. I was tossing the idea around of possibly doing testosterone therapy at a low dose 200mg a week. For a long time I have felt many of the symptoms as described in many low testosterone journals. Was thinking it might also help keep some muscle on while trying to lose the fat, but was worried bout the water retention. I dont know I think I have read too many forums and post and now am confused. Anyway thank you all in advance for the comments and help fine tuning my diet and supplement intake.

Here are my stats, diet, workout, and supplements I'm on. After reading a lot of the post on here I see am probably taking to many whey shakes.

Daily Meal:

7Am meal 1
1 cup cooked egg whites 4/0.3/1.2/17.7
1 Slice American cheese 6/6.8/1.2/5.0
2 Slices whole wheat bread 38/1.9/24.5/5.7

Meal 2 @ 930 1000
Optimum nutrition whey 20/1/4/24
Almonds 22 pieces 64/14.4/5.6/6

Meal 3 Lunch @ 1130
2 slices whole wheat bread 38/1.9/24.5/5.7
5 slices turkey breast deli meat 213/10.2/2.4/26.6
1 slice tomato 4/0/.8/.2
Lettuce 2/0/.4/.1

Meal 4 Snack @ 230
6oz yogurt 173/1.8/32.4/7.4
Whey shake 120/1/4/24

Meal 5 Pre workout @330
Whey shake 120/1/4/24
Med banana 105/.4/24/1.3

Meal 6 Post workout 530-600
2 scoops whey 240/2/8/48
Cell mass 30/0/7/0

Meal 7 dinner 730
Med chicken breast 505/21.3/20.9/54
1 cup broccoli 103/5.1/13.2/4.4
2 cups mixed salad 44/.2/8.9/3.5

Meal 8 prior to bed
Whey shake 120/1/4/24

Totals 2509/70.3/194/281.6

Workout schedule:
Lift weights 3x a week, broken into chest and tris, back and bis, shoulders and legs. I usually do some kind of cardio after the workout, run or jog on treadmill 30 min interval training, or on elliptical with interval training, heart rate is usually around 160.

On the other days I do circuit training 4 x weeks. That involves 5 rounds at 5 min a round, with 1 min rest time. I normally do some kind of plyometric work, tire flips, rope climbs, sledgehammer on a tire, kettle ball work, box jumps. Then Ill hit heavy bag for 5-10 rounds depending on how I feel for 3-5 min each round, or skip rope.

Supplements Im on are:
Multi vitamin, glutamine, creatine, vitamin E and C, EFAs, Lipo 6 Black, whey protein, and cell mass (once a day after workout only).

Last edited:
how would you make a whey shake work? maybe 50g whey mixed with oats and maybe olive oil? (budget restrictions)

yea..the fats and carbs will slow down absorption.. adding fiber will help too..

how many a day are you planning?

3J, here Is my info, hope you can help.

Height: 5 10
Weight: 182Lbs
BF: 14-15% using caliper, and electronic scale
Goal: 170-179lbs, with 5-8% BF, (Decent Beach body)
BMR using #1: 1869.4,
TDEE 1869 x 1.55 = 2897.01, 1869.4 x 1.725 = 3224.71

Hello to all the members on this forum, good luck to you all in achieving your goals.
A little info on my situation, currently working in Afghanistan so first of all the food quality isnt all that great. Im limited to only three meals so everything else I eat has to be able to be stored in a locker, one reason I chose the protein. My breakfast and lunch are exactly the same everyday, however I do switch out the turkey for tuna with one packet of tartar sauce. The dinner changes everyday as far as protein goes, I try to choose the leanest one possible, chicken breast, fish, or on really bad day turkey hamburger patty. I do a lot of grappling and MMA, so I am using my time here to get in the best shape I can so I can compete when I get back to the states. So my goal is to be lean as possible while still having some muscle, I guess that would be a beach body look. I was tossing the idea around of possibly doing testosterone therapy at a low dose 200mg a week. For a long time I have felt many of the symptoms as described in many low testosterone journals. Was thinking it might also help keep some muscle on while trying to lose the fat, but was worried bout the water retention. I dont know I think I have read too many forums and post and now am confused. Anyway thank you all in advance for the comments and help fine tuning my diet and supplement intake.

Here are my stats, diet, workout, and supplements I'm on. After reading a lot of the post on here I see am probably taking to many whey shakes.

Daily Meal:

7Am meal 1
1 cup cooked egg whites 4/0.3/1.2/17.7
1 Slice American cheese 6/6.8/1.2/5.0
2 Slices whole wheat bread 38/1.9/24.5/5.7

Meal 2 @ 930 1000
Optimum nutrition whey 20/1/4/24
Almonds 22 pieces 64/14.4/5.6/6
eat real food
Meal 3 Lunch @ 1130
2 slices whole wheat bread 38/1.9/24.5/5.7
5 slices turkey breast deli meat 213/10.2/2.4/26.6
1 slice tomato 4/0/.8/.2
Lettuce 2/0/.4/.1
ok
Meal 4 Snack @ 230
6oz yogurt 173/1.8/32.4/7.4
Whey shake 120/1/4/24
eat real food
Meal 5 Pre workout @330
Whey shake 120/1/4/24
Med banana 105/.4/24/1.3
eat real food
Meal 6 Post workout 530-600
2 scoops whey 240/2/8/48
Cell mass 30/0/7/0

Meal 7 dinner 730
Med chicken breast 505/21.3/20.9/54
1 cup broccoli 103/5.1/13.2/4.4
2 cups mixed salad 44/.2/8.9/3.5

Meal 8 prior to bed
Whey shake 120/1/4/24
switch to casein or do cottage cheese or lean beef
Totals 2509/70.3/194/281.6

Workout schedule:
Lift weights 3x a week, broken into chest and tris, back and bis, shoulders and legs. I usually do some kind of cardio after the workout, run or jog on treadmill 30 min interval training, or on elliptical with interval training, heart rate is usually around 160.

On the other days I do circuit training 4 x weeks. That involves 5 rounds at 5 min a round, with 1 min rest time. I normally do some kind of plyometric work, tire flips, rope climbs, sledgehammer on a tire, kettle ball work, box jumps. Then Ill hit heavy bag for 5-10 rounds depending on how I feel for 3-5 min each round, or skip rope.

Supplements Im on are:
Multi vitamin, glutamine, creatine, vitamin E and C, EFAs, Lipo 6 Black, whey protein, and cell mass (once a day after workout only).

well. lets be serious here.. can you add more food?? or do you have to work with shakes??

thanks for all the organized info.. it makes it alot easier for me to work with you

I can add food but it has to be something I can keep in a locker, like canned tuna, or that tyson chicken breast in a bag thing. I know I am so limited being over here, but whatever you suggest Ill do it to a T. I read somewhere that a teaspoon of peanut butter will make the whey stay longer in my system, dont know if that has any truth to it though. let me know what you think. Im sure I can figure something out to get more food and less shakes, at least decrease them by a couple. Whats real funny is that diet was suggested from a well known magazine, dont believe everything I read I guess.
Thanks 3J

yea..the fats and carbs will slow down absorption.. adding fiber will help too..

how many a day are you planning?

on w/o days pwo, breakfast and maybe another meal.

on non w/o days 2-3. most likely 2.

when i do use shakes i either eat say half meat half whey to make the protein. and for breakfast i usually have 50g oats mixed with half a tbsp of honey with a 50g whey shake after.

sometimes if i have a shake for convenience i will have 2tbsp of fish/olive oil combination to make 30g of fat with a 50-60g whey shake.

what hare your opinions on the above? if there is a better way to slow down absorption i'd love to know thanks.

I can add food but it has to be something I can keep in a locker, like canned tuna, or that tyson chicken breast in a bag thing. I know I am so limited being over here, but whatever you suggest Ill do it to a T. I read somewhere that a teaspoon of peanut butter will make the whey stay longer in my system, dont know if that has any truth to it though. let me know what you think. Im sure I can figure something out to get more food and less shakes, at least decrease them by a couple. Whats real funny is that diet was suggested from a well known magazine, dont believe everything I read I guess.
Thanks 3J

NEVER listen to diets in magazines.. magazines are out to make money and fill in bs articles to sound unique..

yea.. i want you to cut down on your shakes.. see what meats you can put where.. update the diet and ill critique it for you.. im not down with all these shakes..

and fyi putting pb in your shake will slow down digestion.. any fat in that shake will

on w/o days pwo, breakfast and maybe another meal.

on non w/o days 2-3. most likely 2.

when i do use shakes i either eat say half meat half whey to make the protein. and for breakfast i usually have 50g oats mixed with half a tbsp of honey with a 50g whey shake after.

sometimes if i have a shake for convenience i will have 2tbsp of fish/olive oil combination to make 30g of fat with a 50-60g whey shake.

what hare your opinions on the above? if there is a better way to slow down absorption i'd love to know thanks.

fats and oats are the only things that slow down absorption in shakes...

but running 30g of fats and 50g of carbs is not a good idea... dont mix high fats with high carbs

fats and oats are the only things that slow down absorption in shakes...

but running 30g of fats and 50g of carbs is not a good idea... dont mix high fats with high carbs

oh, i meant when i need a shake for convenience such as late at night when i'm busy i slam down 10g fish oil with 20g olive oil and have a 50g shake. the oats with whey would be a separate meal, thanks for pointing that out though.

what are your opinions on carb cut offs? i've researched them on many forums and have found that people seem to say they get much better fat loss and maintain body fat better during bulking with these. what do you think?

oh, i meant when i need a shake for convenience such as late at night when i'm busy i slam down 10g fish oil with 20g olive oil and have a 50g shake. the oats with whey would be a separate meal, thanks for pointing that out though.

what are your opinions on carb cut offs? i've researched them on many forums and have found that people seem to say they get much better fat loss and maintain body fat better during bulking with these. what do you think?

carb cut offs?

basic diet layout

age 21
weight 204
height 6 2

kcal (after calculating calories burned during daily/weekly activities): 4180kcals (250 above baseline lean bulk here)
i stock at a pet food store so I'm hauling huge bags of dog food and occasionally tossing them high up onto shelves
139g fat
313g pro
418g carbs

ratio of 30/30/40 percentages, your take?

Last edited:
carb cut offs?

trace carbs taken in a few hours before beds. apparently the low insulin from lack of carbs after there helps to free the bodyfat and be used as fuel as the glucose is depleted or something such has that.

Embarrassing...

5***8217;9***8221;

BMR: 1762.12
TDEE: 2731.286

I just returned from school, so my diet is changing back to my Italian family***8217;s shitty eating habits***8230; I try to eat extra protein and stay away from the huge carb-rich meals but my diet still sucks***8230; this is what a typical day looks like now:

(Don***8217;t know the macros)
Meal 1:
4-6 egg white omlette w/ cottage cheese and peanut butter, bowl of cereal
Meal 2:
Cottage cheese and tomato sandwich
Meal 3:
12 inch ham sub (double meat, no cheese), and post workout Whey Shake
Meal 4:
Chicken/beef/veal and usually some kind of pasta with tomato sauce, and salad
(fish on Fridays ***8211; Italian, and Catholic)
Midnight snack:
2 bowls of cereal

I train in the late afternoon***8230; Around 5:30, usually I spend about 2 hours at the gym. I work typically one major and one minor muscle group a day(ie: chest and tris, back and bis, shoulders and traps), excluding twice a week when I just do legs***8230;
I do cardio 3 times a week for a half hour at medium-high intensity, HR 150-160bpm (I plan on increasing that to 5 or 6 times a week, and extending it to 45min-1hour).

My body type in the 7 point system is roughly:
4-5-1: endomorph 4 mesomorph 5 ectomorph 1

Trying to cut down over the summer before I start bulking again.

trace carbs taken in a few hours before beds. apparently the low insulin from lack of carbs after there helps to free the bodyfat and be used as fuel as the glucose is depleted or something such has that.

unless its pwo your last meal shouldn't have carbs in it... simple as that...

hey guys.. going on vacation tomorrow so all questions will be answered on monday!! thanks for you patience!!!!

Back