Full Time Job Might Kill My Gains...

bronx_brawla

People do...I don't.
FIRST OF ALL I WANNA SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE HERE AND THAT ITS GOOD TO BE BACK. AND THEN SECONDLY I WANNA SAY BEFORE YOU GUYS RIP ME A NEW ONE FOR POSTING A NEW THREAD...THAT I MUST HAVE SEARCHED FOR THIS TOPIC FOR ABOUT A GOOD 1/2 HOUR..AND FOUND NOTHING.

..SO..ANYWAY HERES MY DELEMA (SP?)

I STOPPED WORKING OUT FOR ABOUT A GOOD YEAR NOW AND I REALLY FELL OFF. BUT I STILL HAVE A GOOD "BASE" TO BUILD UPON AGAIN. THINGS ARE A LIL BETTER FOR ME NOW. I GOT A WAY BETTER JOB THAN I HAD AND IM MAKING MORE MONEY. WITH THAT IN MIND...I WANNA GET BACK INTO THE OLD IRON GAME. BUT I WANNA DO IT RIGHT, LIKE I'VE DONE BEFORE. I'VE MADE MY GROCERY LIST AND I'VE DONE ALL MY WORKOUT PLANS. AND IM READY TO JOIN POWERHOUSE GYM. (ONE OF MY FAVS)....

BUT HERES MY PROBLEM. THIS NEW JOB IS PART TIME...BUT THEY'VE BEEN GIVING ME ALOT OF OVER-TIME WICH IS LEADING INTO 8 HOUR DAYS. I DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL GO ON FOR...BUT ITS WORRYING ME.
HOW CAN I EVER GET IN THE MEALS I NEED FOR THOSE HOURS IF IM WORKING. THERES ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY I CAN EAT WHILE IM WORKING. SO WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME? I DONT WANT MY GAINS TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF THIS...AND I CAN'T AFFORD TO CHANGE JOBS BECAUSE IT PAYS WELL. AND WITHOUT IT I WONT BE ABLE TO AFFORD ALL THE FOOD I NEED TO MAKE THESE GAINS.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS? OR HOW HAVE YOU HANDLED THIS PROBLEM?
ANY FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED. THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE.
ILL BE CHECKING BACK :eyes:

Last edited:
bronx_brawla said:
FIRST OF ALL I WANNA SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE HERE AND THAT ITS GOOD TO BE BACK. AND THEN SECONDLY I WANNA SAY BEFORE YOU GUYS RIP ME A NEW ONE FOR POSTING A NEW THREAD...THAT I MUST HAVE SEARCHED FOR THIS TOPIC FOR ABOUT A GOOD 1/2 HOUR..AND FOUND NOTHING.

I STOPPED WORKING OUT FOR ABOUT A GOOD YEAR NOW AND I REALLY FELL OFF. BUT I STILL HAVE A GOOD "BASE" TO BUILD UPON AGAIN. THINGS ARE A LIL BETTER FOR ME NOW. I GOT A WAY BETTER THAN I HAD AND IM MAKING MORE MONEY. WITH THAT IN MIND...I WANNA GET BACK INTO THE OLD IRON GAME. BUT I WANNA DO IT RIGHT, LIKE I'VE DONE BEFORE. I'VE MADE MY GROCERY LIST AND I'VE DONE ALL MY WORKOUT PLANS. AND IM READY TO JOIN POWERHOUSE GYM. (ONE OF MY FAVS)....

BUT HERES MY PROBLEM. THIS NEW JOB IS PART TIME...BUT THEY'VE BEEN GIVING ME ALOT OF OVER-TIME WICH IS LEADING INTO 8 HOUR DAYS. I DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL GO ON FOR...BUT ITS WORRYING ME.
HOW CAN I EVER GET IN THE MEALS I NEED FOR THOSE HOURS IF IM WORKING. THERES ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY I CAN EAT WHILE IM WORKING. SO WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME? I DONT WANT MY GAINS TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF THIS...AND I CAN'T AFFORD TO CHANGE JOBS BECAUSE IT PAYS WELL. AND WITHOUT IT I WONT BE ABLE TO AFFORD ALL THE FOOD I NEED TO MAKE THESE GAINS.

Tough situation. Lots and lots of protein shakes or protein bars if you can quickly sneak them in.....not sure if you would be allowed.....and when I need extra calories I take extra spoonfuls of UDO's oil.

I don't see a problem. Just eat on the job every few hours. If they give you shit for that, let them. If they fire you because of it, it was never meant to be.
Prepare all your meals every evening and bring them to work every day. Bring cold chicken, rice and a fork. Not hard really.

bronx_brawla said:

I STOPPED WORKING OUT FOR ABOUT A GOOD YEAR NOW AND I REALLY FELL OFF. BUT I STILL HAVE A GOOD "BASE" TO BUILD UPON AGAIN. THINGS ARE A LIL BETTER FOR ME NOW. I GOT A WAY BETTER THAN I HAD AND IM MAKING MORE MONEY. WITH THAT IN MIND...I WANNA GET BACK INTO THE OLD IRON GAME. BUT I WANNA DO IT RIGHT, LIKE I'VE DONE BEFORE. I'VE MADE MY GROCERY LIST AND I'VE DONE ALL MY WORKOUT PLANS. AND IM READY TO JOIN POWERHOUSE GYM. (ONE OF MY FAVS)....

welcome to the real world!
How long does it take to knock back a potato and some meat? 5 minutes, im sure people at your work are allowed smoke breaks. use your imagination and you will find plenty of ways to get your food in.

Thoms said:
I don't see a problem. Just eat on the job every few hours. If they give you shit for that, let them. If they fire you because of it, it was never meant to be.
yea, get fired over a bullshit hobby. sounds like solid advice to me.

eating is simple man. breakfast lunch and dinner are 3 garaunteed meals. Im sure you can squeeze another real food meal in your day somewhere (or just snack on something throughout the day), as well as 1-2 shakes. Thats 5-6 feedings: all anybody needs.

Last edited:
yea man I understand your problem, I go to school fulltime AND go to work fulltime. It really sucks, and although i do eat good, and a lot, i know i could eat a lot more if I had more free time. but.... people take smoke breaks at work, I take eat breaks, with the smokers. OR just take a shit at work everday(or act like it), and bring a bagel to eat on the toilet with you.

When i worked at this construction job last summer, i kept a multigrain bagel in my pocket all the time, adn every 1o minutes or so taek a bite, in addtion to my meals. theres many things you can do keep food inside you. I wake up early to cook all my meals for the day the morning

good luck

Last edited:
I really can't imagine a job where they wouldn't let you ahve a 5 minute break every 3 hours to eat a meal. If that is the case, you have to make the choice. What's more important to you? It's the life of amateur bodybuilding man, pros have it "easy" this way (harder in a lot of other respects though).

Oh, and please refrain from writing in all caps, it hurts the eyes, especially in a long post.

Good luck!

If you work 8 hours you should be getting 2 breaks and a lunch, what kind of work do you do? When I had a desk job I could eat pretty much whenever I wanted, now on the road I have to eat cold soggy shit.

Suareezay said:

Yeeah really....WTF?...lol

Mudge said:
If you work 8 hours you should be getting 2 breaks and a lunch, what kind of work do you do? When I had a desk job I could eat pretty much whenever I wanted, now on the road I have to eat cold soggy shit.

I work at a Costco Wholesale warehouse. And its union based so ur only alowed a 1/2 hour break if ur doing more than 6 hours of work. (It's the law) And one 15 minute break if ur putting less than 6. Thats it...no smoke breaks like these other guys are talkin' about.
So im only getting 2 solid meals in during an 8 hour period. Since im supposed to be eating every 2 to 3 hours, I will be shy that 1 meal during work. And as far as that 4th meal...i can just wait till i get home. I know its just one meal...but when ur trying to gain...every meal is essential. I'm sure you know that.
So im supposed to sneak in a shitty Powerbar for that one meal? If thats what i gotta do..then so be it.

Last edited:
bronx_brawla said:
sorry bout the caps..

I work at a Costco Wholesale warehouse. And its union based so ur only alowed a 1/2 hour break if ur doing more than 6 hours of work. (It's the law) And one 15 minute break if ur putting less than 6. Thats it...no smoke breaks like these other guys are talkin' about.
So im only getting 2 solid meals in during an 8 hour period. Since im supposed to be eating every 2 to 3 hours, I will be shy that 1 meal during work. And as far as that 4th meal...i can just wait till i get home. I know its just one meal...but when ur trying to gain...every meal is essential. I'm sure you know that.
So im supposed to sneak in a shitty Powerbar for that one meal? If thats what i gotta do..then so be it.

Just say you have to go to the bathroom and chow down in there.

Oh...one more thing.

I've always wondered. If i was to cook my food the night before...won't letting it sit in the fridge diminish its nutritional value?

bronx_brawla said:
I've always wondered. If i was to cook my food the night before...won't letting it sit in the fridge diminish its nutritional value?
doubt it. precooking and food and microwaving it is fine. Are you going to cook every single one of your meals fresh before you eat it if its not?

The meal issue really isnt even an issue at all. Youve got three "given" meals: breakfast, your break meal, and dinner. 3 garaunteed times to eat.

Working 8 hours may be a challenge, but its by no means strenuous; youve got time for another meal somewhere in your day...Thats 4 meals.

Add in a shake that you gulp down during a bathroom break at work, thats 5 meals, and plenty for pretty much anybody to get all their cals in.

If its not, load up some Ezekiel bread (in the frozen section) or other whole grain bread, or a whole grain bagels with some natural peanut butter and munch of that during the day, keep a protein bar in your pocket, whatever, but this probably isnt necesary.

1 meal before work, 2 during and 1 right after. One more post workout and one more 1-3 hours before bed. That should be fine, you really don't have to eat every 2-3 hours, as long as your getting in enough total cals imo. I mean, it's not ideal, but life isn't.

I've taken 15 min bathroom breaks were I was actually eating but who's to know, plus can they fire you for having to take a dump once or twice a day. Just find easy to eat foods, I like cold food so Its easy for me no matter the food I'll eat it cold.

Also make sure you keep up your water intake, sip all day cuz if your are busy all day it'll help you out a ton.

plan out your day. like i said, i go to school full time and work full time. it can be done, you just got to be on a schedule and know what times to eat, and have food always ready. I will write my daily schedule out on a piece of paper sometimes just to make sure, the day before

Hey Thanks everyone. I took everything into consideration. And im gonna start making my meal plans.
Thanks again.

Bronx

P.S.

I dont know if i can eat my meals is that smelly ass bathroom of ours. Im trying to gain weight...not lose it all by vomiting..lol :asshole:

bronx_brawla said:
Hey Thanks everyone. I took everything into consideration. And im gonna start making my meal plans.
Thanks again.

Bronx

P.S.

I dont know if i can eat my meals is that smelly ass bathroom of ours. Im trying to gain weight...not lose it all by vomiting..lol :asshole:

lol, good luck!

Well good luck to you sir with having a job where they don't allow you to eat, and being ok with it. Plus aren't you giving the exact same advice as me?
Also, if you are calling BB bullshit, you are definitely on the wrong board...

bronx_brawla said:

Yeah man, its not that big of a deal. There are pro bodybuilders who only eat 5 times a day sometimes, not everyone has time for 18 meals like Jay Cutler who wakes up 3x during the night to do cardio and fucking eat meals :laugh4:

I can hit 260+ no problem eating 4 times a day, and I'm not even eating as much as I'd like to. I'm a hungry boy! Now if you want to be 300 or some shit I can't help ya, I'm old and thats not on my to do list.

Back