getting up in the middle of the night and eating crap! help!!

DTIreland

Hi..

Age 27
Height 5’ 10”
Weight 255lbs
Waist 39”

Have just start back training after 3 years off.. I am naturally big, haven’t took may steroids but will dabble once I get some weight off..

Need some advise my problem is this?

I keep getting up in the middle of the night and eating chocolate, crisps, anything that’s tasty!!!

During the day my diet is 100% perfect but at night it goes to hell all together.. To give you an example, one night last week I ate a 200g bar of chocolate at 04:30am.. I know I am doing it but when I am in a half stoned state (caused by sleep not weed) I just don’t care what I eat.. I have actually woke up with half a chocolate bar melted in the bed beside me! F**ked up or what!!! I went to the docs and she gave me some anti depressant sleeping tab, cant mind the name of it. I’m not depressed, she assured me that it would aid my sleep but just seems to make me more stoned when I waken for my midnight feast! I have tried telling others, in the house to hide such goodies, but I just search the house till I find them.

Because I have been doing this for a while now is it possible that my body craves these calories in the middle of the night as it is use to them? Or is it in my head??

Does anyone else have this same problem?
Any suggestion on how I can kick this habit?

Well if this is a serious post/problem, then IMO its in your head. Not to say that it isnt a valid problem, but you havnt to condition yourself not to eat at night. Coupled with the fact that you sound overweight, and/or trying to slim up, you should set a moderatly early cutoff period for which no food should be eaten afterwards. i would suggest 8pm if you can. as far as ways to deal with the hunger at night, it happens to everybody. throughout the day, im maybe full about 2 hours in total. try some slow-digesting protein like caisen as that will allow your body some nutriants and may even help the hunger (just guessing no factual evidence) let me know how it turns out and good luck!

I feel for your situation, but that is probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard. :)

You can try 2 things, 1 put all your junk food in a locked cabinet or 2 (the best option) get rid of your junk food altogether.

Yes chaps, I am for real. Thanks evansss for advice. I would consider myself to be over weight.

The problem with setting a cut off time before bed is that I work strange hours… sometimes not getting in bed until after 03:00. The nights im not in bed till late I work at a night club as a door supervisor.. It’s a 6 hour shift without food and when you get home you want something to eat!! Starving!

outlawtas2 I have purchased I lockable cabinet and give others in my home the key.. They simply don’t use it most of the time!

I know I have to stop it, I just think I need good kick up the ass!!!

I think I will start up a journal, training and food to aid my weight loss efforts..

Once I get it setup I will post a link here and any advise you can provide would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

I do the same thing sometimes i will just wake up as im taking the last bite of coco puffs and say "what the hell is going on here, i dont remember pouring this bowl of cereal!"

So if its a big deal, get rid of the junkfood. just get it out of your house.

I must be different, because by the time I get all my cals for the day, I need a break from food. Get on a good meal plan, and you'll be so full, you won't wake up hungry. I also work strange hours, but if you get on a good eatin schedule, your body should respond. I'm a rookie, so may not be great advice, but just trying to help. Good luck.

Back