GH half life

Powerhouse9

Since GH is only in the blood for less than an hour after admistering it. How does it have any effect at all if you inject it only 2 times. I would think you would have to do this 4 times a day at least. Also wouldn't injecting it before bed be better. I know you have your natural GH spike when ya sleep but wouldn't you grow and recover better with 4IU's in ya as opposed to what ever the body makes naturally?

Some of its anabolic effects are IGF-1 mediated, IGF-1 can stay elevated for > 12 hours after GH administration depending on the dosage administered...

There are several different types of GH preparations with different pharmacokinetics, Nutropin Depot is administered once or twice per month....

The half-life of any drug is defined in two ways, plasma half-life or blood and intracellular half-life. When they say human growth hormone has half-life of six to eight hours they are measuring that intracellularly. Plasma half-life would be significantly less. It's the intracellular half-life that gives any drug a once a day, twice a day or three times a day indication. There are many drugs that have a plasma half-life of five hours but yet they exhibit a very long intracellular half-life of 38 hours that is where the drug is most active, in the cell, not in the plasma.

All human growth hormone has a intracellular half-life of six to eight hours depending on what package insert your look at. Nutropin depot changes all the rules with a patented delivery system which allows you to administer three to four weeks of growth hormone at once and slowly releases into your bloodstream over that period of time.

Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not so sure of that. Taken right off the inserts.
Humatrope 3.8 to 4.9
Genotropin 3.0
Saizen 3.4

I've always gone with the 2-4 as a safe bet. I only care when I'm also using insulin, and want to coordinate the active times.

But yes, ideally, you would want to seperate your GH into 2 or more daily injections. I always did half in the AM and half after lifting in the late afternoon. Since I only use Depot now, timing really isn't an issue.

Back