Giving an accurate portrayal of my every day levels?

jakesonyou

Quick Question

On my lest blood test my liver enzymes were a little high:
AST 66 IU/L 0-40
ALT 62 IU/L 0-44

I attributed this to taking too way many OTC supplements (excessive amounts fish oil, coconut oil and fat soluble vitamins) and DOMS from training hard the day before. For my next blood test I was going to wait until the end of my deload week to get tested in hopes that my liver enzymes would return to normal, given the relationship between hard training, DOMS, and liver enzymes. I have also drastically reduced the amounts of vitamins and nutritional supplements I take.

My worry however, is that since I won't be training as hard during my deload week, my testosterone levels will come up (I was previously tested during my regular training cycle). Since I am in the middle of seeking TRT treatment, I am concerned doctors will say "Your testosterone is tracking upwards, you don't need anything." But realistically this one light week is not indicative of my my everyday lifestyle and my everyday levels.

Does that make since? It might sound crazy but I am a bit OCD and just want things to be as accurate as possible.

No, never tried it. Would you suggest starting to use it? I have the blood test in 3 days though, not sure if it would bring it down by then. Also what were your thoughts on the the testosterone levels w/ the deload week?

Last edited:
Wow. He didn't even check my liver levels or test levels. All he tested was PSA. It's been 3 months of this nonsense, not sure how much more I can take.

Wow. He didn't even check my liver levels or test levels. All he tested was PSA. It's been 3 months of this nonsense, not sure how much more I can take.

Yep, obsessive testing of PSA while ignoring HCT and other more important values seems to be popular :rolleyes:

On my lest blood test my liver enzymes were a little high:
AST 66 IU/L 0-40
ALT 62 IU/L 0-44

I would say your elevated levels are from sore or worked muscles. A lot of doctors call AST and ALT the liver enzymes. This is absolutely wrong. Lots of organs cause release of these enzymes other than the liver. Including stressed muscles. To get an accurate liver test you need to abstain from strenuous exercise for a week before the test is done.

Here is more info
www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/642679-accurate-liver-testing.html

View attachment 556961

Just got the results back, ALT is up even more. Haven't got the NAC yet. Now its going to be at least another month of tests and appointments for these valuse before anyone will even address the low testosterone issue, four months and counting.

View attachment 556961

Just got the results back, ALT is up even more. Haven't got the NAC yet. Now its going to be at least another month of tests and appointments for these valuse before anyone will even address the low testosterone issue, four months and counting.

Why don't you walk on down to your local drug store and pick up a bottle of NAC? Or order it from Amazon and pay for two day delivery.

Do you think NAC would reduce training induced elevations in AST and ALT?

Edit: Went to four different pharmacies and finally found it. Only had 600mg tablets, though. At 160lbs should I dose 600mg a day or 1200mg a day?

Last edited:
Since ALT is already high and you want to bring it down I'd go 1800 per day, maybe even 2400

Since ALT is already high and you want to bring it down I'd go 1800 per day, maybe even 2400

Oral dose for tylenol poisoning is a loading dose of 11200mg and another 17 doses of 5600mg every 4 hours. (That's for an 80kg individual),
so 2400 is still not that much.

EDIT: I should probably emphasize that this is not medical advice.

Last edited:
Oral dose for tylenol poisoning is a loading dose of 11200mg and another 17 doses of 5600mg every 4 hours. (That's for an 80kg individual),
so 2400 is still not that much.

EDIT: I should probably emphasize that this is not medical advice.

Thanks.

Just don't workout for 7 days before your blood test. If it's that important to get those levels down and get your script, missing one week of training will be worth it. If your levels are still that high after a week off I would say you got some other issues you need to deal with. Also, don't take any more pills that could jack up those numbers.

im going through the same thing now. First test showed my ast and alt levels through the roof (more than yours). Two days after the blood test i slipped a disk in my back and had to take some time off. Retested a week later, levels went way down, although still pretty high from use of norco/soma/motrin while recovering. I want to start a cycle soon, but want to have perfect blood work before i do.Its bothering me that i can get blood levels to show what i want without taking a week off. Ive been bulking with 3j for a couple months now and want to kick this party up a notch...

Sounds like he's fixated on PSA. He probably thinks if it climbs too much on TRT he will have to cut you off cause you may sue him.

Back