Grape Seed Oil Shelf Life

swim15

Hey guys I will be brewing up a fair amount of gear in a couple weeks and wanted to do all my gear for the year in one go to make it easier. I really haven't been sure about which oil I want to use but safflower and GSO are the ones I was looking at mostly for health properties and viscosity. Safflower has a short shelf life but I was wondering what the reasonable shelf life of GSO is? Also, would adding extra BA extend the shelf life?

3 to 6 months. Add Vitamin E oil so that rancidity is retarded.

I disagree with this brother. Look at the expiration dates on vials they are much longer than that. You are talking about a product that is sitting in a sealed vial. Keep it in a cool dark place and you're good for 18 months.

I use GSO and brew all my test for a year and it works out great for me.

I disagree with this brother. Look at the expiration dates on vials they are much longer than that. You are talking about a product that is sitting in a sealed vial. Keep it in a cool dark place and you're good for 18 months.

I use GSO and brew all my test for a year and it works out great for me.
Cool place, or room temperature will shorten it's life tremendously. in the fridge it might last as long as the expiration date suggests.

I've been reading on a couple of other forums and they say the only thing that is gonna happen is it going rancid, which you would clearly see. The guys over there are saying 4-5 years. I've got some test in the stash I brewed at about a year ago and it still looks fine. Pinned it yesterday.

I've been reading on a couple of other forums and they say the only thing that is gonna happen is it going rancid, which you would clearly see. The guys over there are saying 4-5 years. I've got some test in the stash I brewed at about a year ago and it still looks fine. Pinned it yesterday.

Well I'll take experience over articles any day. I'll continue researching but your experience holds more water than my knowledge. So there you have it, OP.

swim, I stand corrected. Just got off the phone with a 20+ year brewer and he confirmed what hard2gain said. He says 2 years is a very safe bet.

Back