Grilla's testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) log - body recomp

grilla_b

Grilla's TRT log - body recomp

Hey guys, being that I just start HRT / testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) (powered by Maximus) I wanted to keep a log and share progress and experience.

Stats:
Age 33
Height 5'10
Starting weight 191 lbs
Starting BF 26.1%

Starting labs
Testosterone 284 ng/dl
Total Estrogen 57 pg/ml
SHBG 27.9 nmol/L

Background:
I've been lifting since I was about 15. I'm a foody and have always carried about 20% BF but I never had any issues with putting on mass and strength.

I competed in powerlifting back in '01 and decided in '05 to diet down and compete in BB. Dieting and training for that show was one of the hardest things i have ever done and i learned a lot from the experience. I've never done AAS.

Decision to start HRT:
During the past 3-4 years I totally lost the will to train or eat right. I tried to get back in the game several times but it just wasn't the same. I became fat, lazy and irritable. I chalked it up to getting old.

A good friend of mine started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and said it turned his life around. My brother in law also recently started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and has had amazing results in all areas of his life.

I thought I can either keep going down this path and probably die of heart disease or diabetes when I'm 50 or give HRT / testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) a shot... it was a pretty easy decision to make.

Maximus HRT:
Originally I wasted a bunch of time trying to get local docs to help me out but I ended up just wasting months of time and money.

I started searching around on the for an online clinic and i found Maximus and Ology.

I emailed Chip and he emailed me back like in an hour... I went and got the labs done and he setup the following protocol for me

200mg of test Cyp every 5 days
250 IU's of HCG and 1 mg of Anastrozol the day after each test injection

My 1st test shot was yesterday. i used a 21g needle to extract the test from the vial and a 25g needle to inject with.

My wife is a nurse so I had he do my 1st shot since i was nervous. I didn't feel a thing!

I also hit cardio yesterday. i did 25 mins of fast walking in the hills around my house 1st thing in the morning in a fasted state.

Last night I started to feel fatigued and had a sore throat. Today i have mild flu like symptoms (posted about it in another thread) so i didn't do cardio or train today.

Hopefully I'll feel well enough to train tomorrow.

I'm eating clean and trying to stay away from grains as much as possible. I'm trying to establish a baseline for my daily calorie intake and go from there.

i plan to post up some before and in progress pics in the next few months as I get dialed in.

I'll keep updating this thread with changes in how I feel / look

-grilla

I started yesterday too my man! Same protocol too (if not very similar if you are taking someting else). Very intersted to see since we will have the same time frame.

Very much looking forward to hearing about your progress. Particularly, getting starting. I will be working with Chip as soon as it is financially possible and I'm interested in knowing what all to expect.

Cheers!

@Cashout thanks bro! I appreciate it!

@JKB please chime in from time to time as I'm interested to see how your stuff goes as well

@VWdave let me know if you have any questions. I wasted about 3 months trying to go through local docs so I'm ecstatic that Chip got me squared away in just a few weeks.

Update: i just pinned my HCG tonight. Surprisingly I felt more (tiny little pinch) with that tiny needle than i did with the IM injection.

I still feel like I have a cold, head is stuffy, chills, fatigued... I hope I'm better soon cause i really want to train.

My Diet was clean today. One thing I need to do is drink more water. I did OK today but i want to at least get a half gallon in a day... maybe work up to a gallon

@Cashout thanks bro! I appreciate it!

@JKB please chime in from time to time as I'm interested to see how your stuff goes as well

@VWdave let me know if you have any questions. I wasted about 3 months trying to go through local docs so I'm ecstatic that Chip got me squared away in just a few weeks.

Update: i just pinned my HCG tonight. Surprisingly I felt more (tiny little pinch) with that tiny needle than i did with the IM injection.

I still feel like I have a cold, head is stuffy, chills, fatigued... I hope I'm better soon cause i really want to train.

My Diet was clean today. One thing I need to do is drink more water. I did OK today but i want to at least get a half gallon in a day... maybe work up to a gallon

1/2 gallon at 191? Get that up to a gallon bro if you're working out intensely (should be sweating)!!! especially if you're doing cardio as well.

Thanks Jomamma007 will do.

Update: still feel sick / have a bad cold. Usually when I get a bad cold it takes 4 days or so until i feel better and it's been two days so far. I hope it's gone before my next shot on Sun. I'm curious to see if the symptoms come back after my next shot

Update: I don't feel like shit anymore but that cold or whatever it was turned into a sinus infection. Aside from my sinuses i feel fine. My son caught what I had so I'm guessing it had nothing to do with TRT... just a bad cold.

Been feeling a little more lead in the pencil... not sure if it's cause I'm over that cold or if it's from the T but I'm liking it!

I pinned my second shot today. i was gonna self inject in my glute but had to have my wife do it since i couldn't reach with both hands. Gonna hit my delt next

Update: I don't feel like shit anymore but that cold or whatever it was turned into a sinus infection. Aside from my sinuses i feel fine. My son caught what I had so I'm guessing it had nothing to do with TRT... just a bad cold.

Been feeling a little more lead in the pencil... not sure if it's cause I'm over that cold or if it's from the T but I'm liking it!

I pinned my second shot today. i was gonna self inject in my glute but had to have my wife do it since i couldn't reach with both hands. Gonna hit my delt next

Hi B
I'll be starting my 3rd week of trt & I'm feeling pretty good. Got my body fat to 14% from 16%. I thought about posting before & after pics, but damn..... I really do not like the look of my before Ick!

Oh, & in another week or so your wife is going to be paying for your efforts :horny:

Hi B
I'll be starting my 3rd week of trt & I'm feeling pretty good. Got my body fat to 14% from 16%. I thought about posting before & after pics, but damn..... I really do not like the look of my before Ick!

Oh, & in another week or so your wife is going to be paying for your efforts :horny:

haha yeah I hate my before pick as well that's why I'm waiting for a good after pic to post it. I figure in 3 months there should be a nice difference

yeah I warned my wife yesterday that this once every few weeks thing aint gonna cut it :wallbash:

Update: a few days ago my nipples started tingling a little. I emailed Chip today and he said to up my anastrozol to 1mg eod until it subsides.

Currently on 1mg the day after my test injection

Wow, how are you guys allowed to use 200mg every 5days! Hell, Iam 32years old and only doing 100mg a week!

Your doc needs to talk to my doc!

I think a lot of docs are afraid to prescribe more than that. Not Chip, he wants his guys to be prime pussy pounding predators :redhot:

Well I wish I was American, so I could go through Chip. Chip needs to get authorized to help us Canadians too (definitely a market).

The dosage is all relative. I never felt even remotely normal on 100mg a week. 100mg a week would have me not getting out of bed even the day after the shot. ~ 200 mg a week is pretty standard among anti aging docs. And my blood tests show I require more. I don't take more than 100mg a week just to take it. Guys on here have labs showing a 600 peak T level on 400 mg a week. Everyone is different.

update: 10 days in
My mood has been really good and things that normally get me stressed just kind of roll of like no big deal.

Yesterday i was actually feeling kind of hyper... not nervous just happy, psyched. I kept getting up out of my desk and walking around. I recently upped my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) to 1mg EOD so maybe getting my estro down can explain the way I'm feeling.

I had a great workout yesterday.

Today was my 3rd test shot and the first time pinning myself. I went for my delt with a 1" 25g needle. as soon as I got the needle in my delt started to twitch real bad so I pulled out.

My wife who is a nurse convinced me to go in my quad. So i switched to a 1.5" 25g needle, cleaned the spot and went for it.

Needle went in with no prob, i aspirated and then pushed the meds. I must not have screwed the needle on all the way cause some of the test started to leak out and drip down my leg SON OF A!!! I was pissed. Looking back i should have stopped and tried to tighten it... oh well

I finished up and tried to figure out how much I lost. My wife said there was no point since there is no exact way to know. I'm guessing it wasn't too much.... just a drip

Tip for other newbies - MAKE SURE THE NEEDLE IS SCREWED ON ALL THE WAY BEFORE YOU INJECT. just don't over tighten

My diet has been clean and i have been doing 30 min of fast walking in the morning before breakfast.

So far so good!

Same here grilla. I had done my first two shots in the glute. I tried delt yesterday and I kept twitching also. I just paused my self for a second, took a deep breath and then continued but glutes are definately my personal favorite so far. Delts will take some getting used to. I am just trying to prevent scar tissue since I will be doing this for a very long time.

I have been feeling the same way you have. Huge difference in my mood and energy. Not as big on my libido yet. Then again it only been 10 days for both of us. Long 10 should I say lol

Update:
Last Fri I screwed up my test shot by not having the needle on tight enough and some of (maybe all of) the test leaked out.

I think I'm feeling the effects of missing that dose now. Last week i felt freaking great and this week I feel more like I did before i started.

Good news though. I weighed myself and I went up a pound and went down 1% body fat.

I know it's small and there are a lot of variables coming into play but i was psyched about it. Maybe it's in my head but my muscles feel fuller. Like they are waking up from being asleep for the past 5 years

I'm not gonna check my weight or BF for a month

Don't stress it.. Your next shot will be in 4 days.. It's the very beginning for you.. It'll take 4 to 8 weeks to get really dialed in.. You must be a Big Boy taking that much AI.. Keep us posted.. Logs are very educational for all of us.. Keep it up Grilla!

Back