Grilla's testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) log - body recomp

Thanks guys!

Packgus - I'm using one of those electronic scales that sends a signal through your body. I know it's not the most accurate but I figure it's better than nothing.

I'll wait a month until i check again and hopefully the change will be big enough to dismiss the accuracy. As long as i see a change in the positive direction i'll be happy

I'm proud of you grilla. Truly. Your dedication and commitment to this thread and to your own body and transformation is fantastic! Recently, for some reason, i've been getting inundated with clients sending me progress photo's. And they all seem to preface the email or text with something like...."well, its not much, but its a start"..... Not much??????? You are taking control of the most precious gift that we are given... The gift of life.... And you are doing everything you can to maximize the potential of that gift.....

It simply doesnt get any more heroic than that!

I'm proud of you grilla. Truly. Your dedication and commitment to this thread and to your own body and transformation is fantastic! Recently, for some reason, i've been getting inundated with clients sending me progress photo's. And they all seem to preface the email or text with something like...."well, its not much, but its a start"..... Not much??????? You are taking control of the most precious gift that we are given... The gift of life.... And you are doing everything you can to maximize the potential of that gift.....

It simply doesnt get any more heroic than that!

Thanks Chip I really appreciate it. It certainly freaking helps when I get email responses from you within MINUTES.

Now only if more business were run like Maximus...

Update:
I took my test shot yesterday and my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) this morning. The last few days I noticed i wasn't feeling as great as I was last week. Today I feel pretty crappy - weak, tired, slightly down.... my workout today wasn't that great

I emailed Chip and he wasn't sure if it was from me screwing up my shot last week or the increase Aromatase inhibitor (AI) dosage.

So for now I'm gonna go back to Aromatase inhibitor (AI) 1 mg the morning after my test injection and see where that goes.

I'm at about the same point in my treatment (day 9) and the label on my test says 200mg EW. I haven't been doing that though, because when Chip and I talked we were talking about 100 E5D. I upped it to 150 E5D. I think that should be a nice place for me (it's still 210mg a week).

It's GREAT that there are so many people on here just like me; trying to get our health back.

Update:
I think my crash last week had to do with effing up that test shot a few weeks back. The day after my last test shot I felt a ton better.

Now we'll see if the symptoms of high estrogen creep back.

I'm wondering if i took 1mg the day of my test shot and 1mg the day after my Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) shot would work

it would look like this

day1 - test 200mg / 1mg Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in the morning
day2 - 250 IU Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) at night
day3 - 1mg Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in the morning
day4 -
day5 -
day6 - repeat

My diet has been pretty clean though I'm not going insane over it. I make sure I get at least 5 clean meals in including a few shakes

I'm hitting cardio in the morning 4 days a week and we'll see where that takes me.

I'm limiting my cheat meals to 2-3 times a week. If i continue to see progress I'll keep it that way if not I'll modify it.

Since my diet was so poor prior to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I don't see any point in stressing myself out with the strictness of a contest type diet.

My goal right now is to get to around 15% and maintain that over the winter while putting on some size

-Grilla

Update:
I think my crash last week had to do with effing up that test shot a few weeks back. The day after my last test shot I felt a ton better.

Now we'll see if the symptoms of high estrogen creep back.

I'm wondering if i took 1mg the day of my test shot and 1mg the day after my Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) shot would work

it would look like this

day1 - test 200mg / 1mg Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in the morning
day2 - 250 IU Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) at night
day3 - 1mg Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in the morning
day4 -
day5 -
day6 - repeat

My diet has been pretty clean though I'm not going insane over it. I make sure I get at least 5 clean meals in including a few shakes

I'm hitting cardio in the morning 4 days a week and we'll see where that takes me.

I'm limiting my cheat meals to 2-3 times a week. If i continue to see progress I'll keep it that way if not I'll modify it.

Since my diet was so poor prior to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I don't see any point in stressing myself out with the strictness of a contest type diet.

My goal right now is to get to around 15% and maintain that over the winter while putting on some size

-Grilla

If you feel you are getting estro peaks and valleys with 200 mg a week 1X and Adex @ 1mg 2X a week, you might think about pinning 100 mg of test on Monday and again on Thursday and taking your Adex on those mornings.

The estro peaks and valleys was a problem for me that we couldn't seem to really resolve. I was not interested in pinning 2X a week until I tried the insulin needle. I is so much more comfortable and I'm willing to pin 100 2X a week now. I'll get my bloods again in a couple of months so we'll see then how my levels look but I expect that we might have found some remedy to the peaks and valleys I was having with my estro.

If you feel you are getting estro peaks and valleys with 200 mg a week 1X and Adex @ 1mg 2X a week, you might think about pinning 100 mg of test on Monday and again on Thursday and taking your Adex on those mornings.

The estro peaks and valleys was a problem for me that we couldn't seem to really resolve. I was not interested in pinning 2X a week until I tried the insulin needle. I is so much more comfortable and I'm willing to pin 100 2X a week now. I'll get my bloods again in a couple of months so we'll see then how my levels look but I expect that we might have found some remedy to the peaks and valleys I was having with my estro.

Thanks cashout. Good to know. We'll see what happens as Chip helps me get dialed in but that might be an option

Update: so after going back to Aromatase inhibitor (AI) 1mg E5D I started to feel the tingly nips so i emailed Chip and he said to go back to 1mg EOD of the AI.

The tingly nips went away but my mood has been up and down. Sometimes I feel like I can take on the world and other times i feel kinda bleh... all in the same day lol.

I wonder if it has to do with the higher Aromatase inhibitor (AI) dose or just the fact that my estro levels need to normalize.... or maybe it's cause I'm married with a kid and 2 jobs :whipping:

Someone told me that anastrozol is a depressive... is there any truth to that?

I was gonna get bloods done cause I'm paranoid about my estro levels but after talking with a few people I've decided to wait a little while longer to do that

Someone told me that anastrozol is a depressive... is there any truth to that?

According to the listing of notes of adverse reactions reported during clinical trials, 413 women out of 3092 reported depression while administering 1 mg ED of Adex.

I'd add the caution to this by stating that these were women who were being treated for breast cancer.

It is very likely there are other issues associated with their reported depression.

I wouldn't jump the gun and say Adex cause depression. There is no causal relationship implied in the data and a weak correlation at best especially given the complex nature of the diagnosed condition of the subject group.

I would also add that estrogen is a necessary hormone in men. It has positive effects and one might be on mood.

So, I'd suggest you continue on working through this issue as you have and allow your body to establish an equilibrium. It may take several weeks.

Thanks for keeping us posted Grilla.. This is a very educational thread.. I would put my money on your mood swings being more related to your hectic schedule.. Also, it seems that some people find it more difficult to get dialed in? I'm sure you'll find your sweet spot soon being how diligent you are

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info Cashout.

My wife says I'm looking leaner. My muscles feel fuller and my arms are a little more vascular.

Update:
My mood has been pretty even lately... I don't feel like a jacked up maniac and i don't feel depressed I feel good.

My workouts have been INSANE! I have awesome intensity and focus when I'm in the gym. I'm making progress every week with my lifts and I'm getting crazy pumps.

I actually caught a cold the other day but I still trained legs yesterday and it was a killer workout. Still stuffy / achy today but I ain't gonna let that stop me.

I'm making sure I get in at least 6 clean meals a day and I'm hitting cardio 4 times a week.

The Aromatase inhibitor (AI) 1mg EOD seems to be doing the trick. I haven't been feeling the tingly nipples.

I'd say things are going well. I'll probably get bloods done soon just to make sure my estro and shbg are in check.

I'll post my weight and body fat at the end of the month

-Grilla

Thanks for the update...I'm sure there's a bunch of people who are looking forward to following your journey. Keep posting!

Back