Ground beef marinade

RJ

On Vacation
I'm totally fucking :gay2: for posting a recipe (i'm wearing nothing but an apron ladies), but someone asked me at work today how i can eat so much ground beef and this is the only way how. Ground beef is boring as fuck, so I have been using this marinade for the last 5 years.

2lbs of lean ground beef
1 cup olive oil (extra virgin... :wackit:)
1/4 cup Terragon Vinegar
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Salt
Dash of Tabasco
Dash of Lemon Juice
1 tsp of Chopped Garlic
1 Bay leaf

Mix it up, put it a gallon ziploc bag overnight and cook in skillet til brown. Its not Filet Mignon, but it beats eating it plain with ketchup and 8oz yields 50g of protein for a whole lot cheaper. :D

I'm totally fucking :gay2: for posting a recipe (i'm wearing nothing but an apron ladies), but someone asked me at work today how i can eat so much ground beef and this is the only way how. Ground beef is boring as fuck, so I have been using this marinade for the last 5 years.

2lbs of lean ground beef
1/4 cup Terragon Vinegar
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Salt
Dash of Tabasco
Dash of Lemon Juice
1 tsp of Chopped Garlic
1 Bay leaf

Mix it up, put it a gallon ziploc bag overnight and cook in skillet til brown. Its not Filet Mignon, but it beats eating it plain with ketchup and 8oz yields 50g of protein for a whole lot cheaper. :D

:yesway: Nice you threw in the protein macro but left out the fat lol

Probably dont wanna know with the ground beef and olive oil but im guessing its pretty damn high. Gonna try it tomorrow but with a little less olive oil, sounds awesome.

:yesway: Nice you threw in the protein macro but left out the fat lol

Probably dont wanna know with the ground beef and olive oil but im guessing its pretty damn high. Gonna try it tomorrow but with a little less olive oil, sounds awesome.

fat schmat you sissy. Just eat it. Its all fat you want anyway.

But just cause you asked, 8oz of that meat is about 20g of fat.

Im gonna cook this up in a few days and throw in some rice too, it better be good though or else I'm coming for you RJ lol...
Usually I just make chili with my ground beef.
I use 4lb ground beef, 2 cans beans, 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes and a packet of chili seasoning and an onion. I could eat pounds of that shit for days, but might not be so ideal for the guys watching the carbs.

Im gonna cook this up in a few days and throw in some rice too, it better be good though or else I'm coming for you RJ lol...
Usually I just make chili with my ground beef.
I use 4lb ground beef, 2 cans beans, 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes and a packet of chili seasoning and an onion. I could eat pounds of that shit for days, but might not be so ideal for the guys watching the carbs.

I've been watching my carbs overall lately getting ready for this trip to Jamaica.

Damn i'll be glad when i don't have to anymore. lol

Hey RJ how much of the oil do you drain off? the ground beef will give o9ff a decent amount of oil itself, does the olive oil make it very oily? or do you drain off the beef oil then add the EVOO?

Hey RJ how much of the oil do you drain off? the ground beef will give o9ff a decent amount of oil itself, does the olive oil make it very oily? or do you drain off the beef oil then add the EVOO?

i add it before i cook it. 1 cup per 2lbs is not really much. i don't dry the meat, just run it in a strainer to get most of the excess from the meat (which is lower viscosity than the EVOO) so really ur left with mostly the good stuff.

2lbs of lean ground beef
1/4 cup Terragon Vinegar
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Salt
Dash of Tabasco
Dash of Lemon Juice
1 tsp of Chopped Garlic
1 Bay leaf

That actually sounds pretty good. I might give that a try once I have to start paying for my own groceries :laugh:

You live in the south RJ? Rare for me to see someone who knows what a bay leaf is.

Terragon vinegar sounds delicious.

So, you talking 93/7 ground beef, sirloin?

Man, I have been eating the shit out of some ground turkey lately, turkey burgers with some steak seasoning, ketchup, mustard, pickles, banana peppers. Tastes good.

I will try this stuff tho, it sounds like a mess tho when draining, I would prob just skip the cup of olive oil (thats a lot, even just to get the unsat fat from it)... going to adjust that amount.

Right on , I'll whip up a batch on Sunday . Shouldn't you be using extra lean if your worried about your jamaica trip, you better cause after all that pot your gonna smoke I'm sure you will be eating every thing in sight.

yea anything to make lean beef taste better... what i would do to be able to eat flank steak, porterhouse, and tri tip all the time... yummmmm

That actually sounds pretty good. I might give that a try once I have to start paying for my own groceries :laugh:

You live in the south RJ? Rare for me to see someone who knows what a bay leaf is.

Terragon vinegar sounds delicious.

yep. just south of atlanta. ive been out of terragon since last week and you can def tell the difference.

So, you talking 93/7 ground beef, sirloin?

Man, I have been eating the shit out of some ground turkey lately, turkey burgers with some steak seasoning, ketchup, mustard, pickles, banana peppers. Tastes good.

I will try this stuff tho, it sounds like a mess tho when draining, I would prob just skip the cup of olive oil (thats a lot, even just to get the unsat fat from it)... going to adjust that amount.

yep, 93/7 lean ground beef like it says above. lol

no mess when draining at all. All you guys are so fucking worried about a lil fat. No wonder most of our guys are under 200lbs. I promise you its fine. 1 cup isn't alot.

Right on , I'll whip up a batch on Sunday . Shouldn't you be using extra lean if your worried about your jamaica trip,.

havnt you ever heard RJ's Theory Of Shoulder Relativity?

Dude, this bump in test is getting me jacked. I'm too old to be worried about a six pack. Plus, i still have those gay lines down the sides of my abs, and we know how much babes like that. :gay2:

havnt you ever heard RJ's Theory Of Shoulder Relativity?

Dude, this bump in test is getting me jacked. I'm too old to be worried about a six pack. Plus, i still have those gay lines down the sides of my abs, and we know how much babes like that. :gay2:

Lol, That's funny.

Last edited:
Yes I'm getting to the point where I just want to be strong as fuck and not have to worry about a gut, my problem is I look like a fat fuck in the face also... We all know how the chicks like the chiseled face.

Yes I'm getting to the point where I just want to be strong as fuck and not have to worry about a gut, my problem is I look like a fat fuck in the face also... We all know how the chicks like the chiseled face.

im usually sporting a nasty beard in the winter or a burly goatee in the summer so chiseled face is not really an option. lol

im usually sporting a nasty beard in the winter or a burly goatee in the summer so chiseled face is not really an option. lol

Whens your trip big guy? Sounds like your going to represent ology well while your having fun in the sun.

Back