Guys that have been on trt for over 5 years

gmoore01

This may have been posted before, but I'd like to hear from guys that have been on trt for a while.
1)What were your symptoms before starting?
2)What was your age when starting?
3)How did you feel after being on?
4)Did you have to mess with hormone levels much after getting dialed in?
5)Have you went downhill at all since starting?

Also anything else you'd like to tell a newbie that you wish someone would have told you as I will probably be on soon.

Last edited:
1) Hypogonadism
2) 13
4) Felt GREAT from 13-17. I was getting a shitload to get through puberty. Fully developed and had a nonstop erection for four years and crazy energy. I've been a therapeutic dose of it since age 17 with some ups and downs.
4) Yes. I would find working doses and then forever reason I would need to restart and find a different dose.
5) Things haven't gone downhill, but I have had to constantly stay on top of it and twerk it when needed.

My main advice to you is that in certain cases, less is more. Start at the lower end of the TRT spectrum (ie, 100mg test a week) and go up if that does not work. Transitioning into a steady TRT routine can be rough sometimes.

Always look at your bloodwork from your doctor. To make it easier for you, post your bloodwork here and the knowledgable members here will tell you what any issues may be (ie, estrogen too high, etc).

1) Hypogonadism
2) 13
4) Felt GREAT from 13-17. I was getting a shitload to get through puberty. Fully developed and had a nonstop erection for four years and crazy energy. I've been a therapeutic dose of it since age 17 with some ups and downs.
4) Yes. I would find working doses and then forever reason I would need to restart and find a different dose.
5) Things haven't gone downhill, but I have had to constantly stay on top of it and twerk it when needed.

My main advice to you is that in certain cases, less is more. Start at the lower end of the TRT spectrum (ie, 100mg test a week) and go up if that does not work. Transitioning into a steady TRT routine can be rough sometimes.

Always look at your bloodwork from your doctor. To make it easier for you, post your bloodwork here and the knowledgable members here will tell you what any issues may be (ie, estrogen too high, etc).

If you don't mind my asking, why did you start trt so young?

Hypogonadism is when you don't produce adequate hormone levels on your own. I will be on TRT for life.

I know what hypogonadism is. I'm wondering why you were put on trt at the age of 13. Some boys start puberty late.

Was there something unusual going on that you needed to go on trt that young?

Name is Dennis been on fer about 10 years. In 33 now. Not going to respond in your order just give you some thougths.. Some times I wish I never started. I gets difficult. Finding buying injecting repeat.. I say I do hrt but also run tren a lot.. I hrt with prope.. Cyp is for old ass people.. Im damn lean. I weight 235 and am almost at 400 on my bench. E blocks are hard to get. Uhhh. Would I do it again.. Yes.. You build up scar tissues. Your nuts shrink and you can shoot that far at all!!! Kinda embarrassing when a girl expects a lot and it drizzled out like I'm fuckin 90.. Good shit thoe

No sex drive at all was my biggest clue something was off. I was a mean irritable guy too. Really mean. I never really got fat or anything but I just lost all drive to work out, or do anything for that matter.

38. Should have done it 5-10yrs earlier though.

Fantastic. Especially at first. I think I still feel the same way it's just become my new normal.

I messed around with stuff way too often when starting and I think that delayed getting dialed in by a couple of years.

No. I am still aging though. 40 was a rough year for me. I had a bunch of unrelated medical issues pop up right around 40. My TRT regimen is nailed down and I can accomplish anything in the gym or bedroom that I could at 20yrs old now.

TRT is a game changer for men. Totally worth every penny.

I have been on for 8 years and it changed my life. Hence why I specialize in this aspect of medicine. I have treated thousands of men who would give their left nut to thank me for changing their lives as well.

I like that DucBase stated that he feels as though TRT has made him feel as though "it is his new normal". This is the biggest issue that I see, some guys think they are not benefiting from T treatment after a while. However, 3-4 weeks later they always call my office requesting to come back on. Every-single-time.

Best decision you will make, we need T as men- its just biology

just my .2

Dr B

Yeah. Twice I've trie coming off and both times it was about three weeks before my wife was ready for a divorce and my boss wanted me gone.

at 25 years of age I was declared hypogonadol due to big mistakes when at age 17, did every thing wrong in the book.
self administered test c and e until age 37 when i landed prescribed by doctors.
at one point I switched to an endo and he really fucked me up with those androgel that don't work for nothing, soon found my way back to a really good hrt Entourage clinic, now I'm feeling rejuvenated, like Carlito's way said in court.

"Your Honour with all due respect, past and present, and without further to-do. Let me assure this court that I am through walkin on the wild side. Thats all Ive been tryin to tell you. I have been sick with the social ills known in the ghetto. But my time in the sterling correction facilities of Green Haven and Sing Sing have not been in vain. Ive been cured! Born again, like the Watergaters. I know you heard this rap before. Your Honour, I mean it. This is the truth. I changed. I changed, and it didnt take no thirty years like Your Honour thought, but only five. Thats right, sir, five years. And look at me. Completely rehabilitated, reinvigorated, reassimilated and finally going to be relocated, and I want to thank a lot of people for that. I look over there and I see that man there, Mr Brian Henry with Entourage clinics. I want to thank you, sir, for making the tapes in an illegal fashion. I would like to thank the Court Of Appeals, for reversing you, Your Honour. And I want to thank Almighty God without whom no case gets tossed

Last edited:
This may have been posted before, but I'd like to hear from guys that have been on trt for a while.

Also anything else you'd like to tell a newbie that you wish someone would have told you as I will probably be on soon.

I was 45 when I started. Before I was working out fine, but didn't want to do much afterwards. I was grumpy, and would get mad kicking things across the room which is totally unlike me. I felt like I was going nuts. Primary doctor told me I needed anti depressants which I felt I didn't need because I wasn't depressed. Power lifter I knew from the gym told me I had andropause, and recommended a doctor. I went to him got massive amounts of blood work done. Then was prescribed the cream. It seemed to help some, but through blood work it showed my body wasn't absorbing much of the test. So I was prescribed testosterone cypionate. I take .5ml once a week. It changed everything for me. The grumpiness stopped, I didn't kick things across the room, my workouts were fine, and was happy playing with my daughter again. I'm 50 now, and have had no side effects from taking it. I get blood work done every 6 months to make sure I'm at where I need to be. Only thing I'm a little concerned with now is that I'm retired living in the Philippines and prescription grade testosterone cypionate isn't available here so have to go through a private supplier. The HGH I get from the private supplier is good so I'm hoping the test is just as good.

1) My doctor asked me if I wanted to try TRT as a treatment for osteoporsis that was not improving using Fosamax. A blood test had showed low test. I had not brought up the subject of TRT.

2) I started at age 70. I am now 75.

3) Not much difference in how I felt. However, muscle strength and size increased and fat decreased. Basically I feel much stronger and am more fit.

4) No. Although I aim for TT of about 1000 ng/dl just before an injection.

5) No. It is just better and better.

I'm a few months short of the 5 year mark, but will post anyway:

1) Saw myself losing muscle, getting weaker and fatter despite exercise. Mild depression. T tested just below 300.
2) 49
3) Felt great, dramatic body recomp in first months, quickly got stronger than I'd ever been. Lost belly fat and gained 25lbs.
4) Not too much, been on same dose for some time.
5) Yes. Had best results in first year. I have trouble controlling HCT. Possibly accelerated my hairloss.

I'm a few months short of the 5 year mark, but will post anyway:

1) Saw myself losing muscle, getting weaker and fatter despite exercise. Mild depression. T tested just below 300.
2) 49
3) Felt great, dramatic body recomp in first months, quickly got stronger than I'd ever been. Lost belly fat and gained 25lbs.
4) Not too much, been on same dose for some time.
5) Yes. Had best results in first year. I have trouble controlling HCT. Possibly accelerated my hairloss.

What techniques did you use to lose the belly fat and gain 25lbs, me im always looking for new ways.

What techniques did you use to lose the belly fat and gain 25lbs, me im always looking for new ways.

I sense skepticism... that's understandable but I promise you I am not given to exaggeration or hyperbole.

More than technique, I think my circumstances contributed to the great response I had to starting TRT:

1) I have worked out since my teens, despite getting very modest results. So I knew how to work out and was well CNS adapted.
2) I've probably always been somewhat low T, so my 200mg per week initial dose was probably far in excess of a "replacement" dose.
3) To be fair, about 5 lbs. of the 25 lbs is probably due to creatine.

I've weighed between 160 and 175 for decades. Starting TRT at probably 168 or so, I peaked over 190 and really did lose almost all my belly fat at the same time. Fat cells in the midsection are highly androgen responsive as you know.

I made no effort to limit calories, but greatly increased my protein intake. I increased my workout intensity, which wasn't hard since I was getting by far the best results of my life.

I've since reduced my dose somewhat and discontinued using creatine. Weight hovers around 180 these days and while I'm still stronger than I ever was pre-TRT, I'm off my peak strength.

What's your dose now, and how do things compare to 200 mg/wk?

I'm on 120 mg per week now, split in two. That still has me around 1000 trough and free T is usually high.
I have problems managing my HCT, that's been the limiting factor.

Not quite as lean due to suboptimal diet and beer, but I still have visible abs and probably a better physique than 99.5% of 54 year olds.

Back