Hall of Famer Vs The Next Big Thing 'Career Suicide'

Drako

UFC Hall of Famer Mark 'The Hammer' Coleman will return to full time fighting and take on UFC newcommer Brock Lesnar. Now we've seen the strength that Lesnar has to offer but is this a smart idea taking on a legend of the sport.

Brock losing his debut fight against Frank Mir (Due to knee bar submission) shows alot of raw stregnth and power to overwhelm his opponent however he also shows a great deal of inexperience in the game, why go after a Hall of famer?

Will this be a smart move for lesnar in a hope to reign victorious over a legend and restablish his name and place in the UFC ranks or will it be career suicide where 'The Hammer's Experience will overcome power and notch another loss to 'The Next Big Thing'.???

Coleman is past his prime, they wanted Brock to defeat a former champ, he coudlnt, now they want him to defeat a hall of famer.

Its gonna be an easy win for Brock.

This is a good match up for Brock. He is bigger and stronger than Coleman (probably stronger any other HW fighter in the world). His chances of being knocked out on his feet are slim. His chances of being submitted are slim. His chances of being ground and pounded are moderate.

I think Brock will be able to take Coleman down at will and grind out a win. He just needs to make sure to pace himself and not get crazy like he did with Mir and punch Coleman in the back of the head 5 times.

I like Brock's chances.

Coleman has a little fight left in him but I would pick Brock for the win.

Lesnar is going to make Coleman his bitch monkey, just like Fedor did, except in less impressive fashion.

I'd rather see Lesnar take on James "colossus" Thompson, and watch them pound the shit out of each other.

Ya, I'd rather see Brock take on a real contender w/the same style... His only downfall is the lack of experience. Once he gets a few more ham and eggers under his belt, he could start climbing the ranks. I'm definetly pro-Brock but knew Mir would submit him quickly. That guy is a master technician.

In an interveiw Coleman said he had somthing for Lesnar maybe he's learned a few submissions could be interesting Brock goes in expecting a stand up brawl and BAMM! another knee bar..

Drako said:
In an interveiw Coleman said he had somthing for Lesnar maybe he's learned a few submissions could be interesting Brock goes in expecting a stand up brawl and BAMM! another knee bar..

Yep, well at least if his goal (colemans) is to win... I'd definetly be working submissions and scratch trying to brawl w/him. I think this might just be a publicity stunt.. just a hunch. Especially after all the bucks Brock brought in for UFC 81. He's now a main attraction and not even a contender. I think it may be more of business move on the part of UFC.

JayC said:
Yep, well at least if his goal (colemans) is to win... I'd definetly be working submissions and scratch trying to brawl w/him. I think this might just be a publicity stunt.. just a hunch. Especially after all the bucks Brock brought in for UFC 81. He's now a main attraction and not even a contender. I think it may be more of business move on the part of UFC.

Kind of like Kimbo Slice?

GigGuns21 said:
I'd rather see Lesnar take on James "colossus" Thompson, and watch them pound the shit out of each other.

Considering they have polar opposite fighting styles and Thompson has a glass jaw I'm giving this post an F-

Lesnar. His inexperience is his only weakness. I truly do not think anyone has a better wrestling game then lesnar has at the moment. he is too big and His 4x All american (and national runner up / champ) is without a doubt the best in the ufc.

Back