Mark Coleman vs. Brock Lesnar

dirkdiggler9969

Don't you guys think that the UFC has totally mishandled Brock so far. They put him up against Mir first who is argueably the best heavyweight on the ground in the UFC (argueably). And now they put him up against Mark Coleman, who is a very good wrestler and knows more submissions than Brock and could very well upset him with a KO or a sub.

Also, let me say that I hate WWE. I'm an MMA fighter and a Wrestling coach so my interest in Lesnar stems only from his dominance at Minnesota (freak in college). I'm not saying that the UFC should Kimbo his ass like EliteXC. But they could make him huge by getting his feet wet with some strikers that he could manhandle.

Everyone bashes EliteXC for babying Kimbo but there doing a smart buisness thing. If Kimbo gets Ko'd or subbed, who is their poster child? Kung Le, the american public doesn't know how dynamic he is. Frank Shamrock only has a couple fights left in him, whoi knows how many now that Kung kicked that bitched arm in half.

I love Bas Rutten so I know that Kimbo has to be getting extremely good everywhere, but I can see what Elite is doing. After America gets interested in some other fighters then they can put him in front of some real talent. He's gonna murder that loser whos name I won't even mention. But I will mention that he got knocked out by Butterbean in an MMA fight and Fedors brother in like 20 seconds.

What do you guys think.

Brock is a better wrestler than Coleman. He is bigger and he is stronger. I don't see Coleman getting better body position on Brock at all during this fight and there isn't much Coleman can do if he isn't in some type of mount.

Prediction: Brock by ground and pound.

Kimbo in the UFC would be an average fighter. He would be your Houston Alexander of the HW division. But Elite XC signed Kimbo knowing that he can throw bombs and his youtube fights have millions of views. The public knows who Kimbo is and Elite XC was going to ride with it.

Now they set him up with easy fights and now Kimbo (to the uneducated viewer) looks like an elite fighter. He will draw more fans to Elite XC because he is well known and he is a winner and he wins by vicious beat downs.

I am sure if Dana could take back the Brock vs Mir fight, he would.

Agreed... I think the point behind Brocks first fight was high hopes and marketing. They wanted to be able to say he beat a former champ, hence the next fight being against Coleman. Well "ooops" on the Mir fight so they are giving it one more shot. He's marketable right now and they are using it as a business should... but I do think they should have had him fight some ham n eggers before Mir and Coleman. He's going to burn out quick at this rate. If he loses to Coleman, it's gonna hurt his image and his marketability.
I know Brock is a beast and a great wrestler but I'm still interested to know how is chin will hold up. That's the true test of a great "MMA" star, he needs to have his Chin tested. Weak chin will = no more Brock unfortunately.

Lesnar is going to pwn Coleman. Coleman's only chance at victory is to latch onto a leg and hit some kind of toe hold.

I disagree about Kimbo. I'm not convinced that he is average until I see him get tested. I could see how any educated MMA fan could come to the conclusion that he is average because he hasn't show anything yet but, thats because he's fought all bums. I think your gonna be surprised when he fights some better talent. He's spent all his time training with Bas and he's a legendary trainer. Now having said that, I don't think he'll ever be a doiminant champion with the inexperiance on the ground and no wrestling backround but I think he's a long time challenger in any organization.

If I was a betting man I would pick Lesnar too, but remember Coleman has toughed out some battles and gave Fedor a little scare.

Coleman's main strength is his physical power and Brock takes that away. I think Lesnar will dominate the fight standing or on the ground.

Brock will beat coleman by gnp..........coleman is getting to old and is not evolving. He wont come in the best shape and brock will be to much for him. Now kimbo is an interesting fighter and something some people forget as this is becoming more and more a sport is some people are fighters and some people are atheletes. Kimbo is a fighter......you put him in there and he is going to go for it no matter who it is. Also kimbo has been traveling and training with some of the best in the bussiness. I dont think he should be put in the same category as houston alexander.

^^Kimbo is just a back alley brawler, reminiscent of something out of Bum-Fights^^
Although some of his fights are interesting to watch, his time will be short lived in my opinion. He's a side show circus attraction..

Comparing Kimbo to bumfights is just unnecessary trash talking in my opinion. No reason to bash on him like that, just like there's no reason to proclaim him the next heavyweight king of mma.

^^I didn't mean it like that (trash talking slam)..^^
Meant it more in his appearence and style. The jist was that he's just gotten started and he's already pushing 35 so his reign will most likely be short lived.

I think he's an intriguing prospect in the sense that it will be fun to see how far a very tough guy with no mma experience can go when he plunges head first into mma.

I would like to see kimbo fight lesnar in a standup fight .. Those are some big punches coming at ya.

I don't think the ufc made a bad choice with Lesnar in his first fight, after all he was kicking the shit out of the guy before he had to tap. The only thing i think they should have done different is try to get him a quicker fight. It might just me but it seems like it has been forever since he has been in the ring.

Back