Hang Clean versus power clean

Derexan

Novice
What is the difference between them in terms of mucle groups worked, ect.

(i know the form difference) If you had to pick just 1, what would you pick?

On powercleans, my traps usually feel really sore the next day but thats because I just explode at the bottom and I flex everyhitng to get that weight up. I feel that hang cleans is just basically biceps and a little shoulders but thats because I dont really spend too much time on hanging cleans. love powercleans though, it makes you explosive which is perfect for football.

both build explosion. Hang are more quad and upper body, traps and shoulders. Power cleans develope the entire lower body since you have to explode from the ground. Either can be great especially if you drop under it and front squat it. If you want to do a tweener do rack cleans especially if it bug your knees to start from the ground. I don't do them anymore, with all my surgeries I refuse to drop under the weight which to me is the most important part of the lift and that is whats going to allow you to increase the poundage to a more significant level.

feet shoulder width apart, hands griped next to shins. Explode up, let the explosion carry the weight to its max height then drop/sit underneither the weight and front squat it up. Its like doing a verticle jump while holding on to the bar. I'm sure you can find a video somewhere if someone can't discribe it to you.

Back