HCG use and Optimal storage method by 3J

3J

Super Moderator
hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadrotropin) Use and Proper Storage
3Js Nutrition Network
3J's Nutrition | Diet and fitness consulting to get you to the next level.

One of the main issues faced with the use of anabolics is the reduction of natural testosterone production of the human body while on cycle and the importance of recovering that natural production once anabolics have been discontinued. The use of anabolics effects the hypothalamic pituitary testicular axis (HPTA) which is the system of organs (the gonads, pituitary gland, and hypothalamus) that regulate testosterone production. The hypothalamus releases a hormone (GnRH), the pituitary gland releases the luteinizing hormone (LH) and the follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and the gonads produce estrogen and testosterone. These processes are all linked. The GnRH is produced to release LH and FSH from the pituitary which in turn stimulate the production of testosterone from the gonads. In males LH is the main stimulant of testosterone production while the FSH is in charge of sperm production. The body has a negative feedback loop that regulates the release of these hormones based on the amount of available testosterone in the system. When the body sees there is sufficient levels of the hormone the HPTA regulates the amount of LH to be released, lowering the secretion of it. With the use of anabolic steroids the body comes to that point fairly quickly and shuts down LH production, giving us our issue with recovery and a need for post cycle therapy drugs that stimulate LH production.

In anabolic users hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadrotropin) is used to combat the shutdown of LH. hCG mimics the luteinizing hormone (LH) allowing for the user to stimulate the testes for testosterone production solving the issue of shutdown when on cycle or trt. hCG is usually prescribed by doctors for testosterone replacement therapy patients or found on the black market for anabolic steroid users. The use of hCG can reduce the recovery time of post cycle therpy since the testes never actually shut down while on cycle. Since studies have shown that the use of testosterone can greatly reduce the natural testosterone levels of the user post cycle, hCG is a valuable tool in recovery and also a valuable tool for maintaining fertility while on trt. In order for post cycle recovery of LH function to occur your androgenic hormones have to come to a state of balance again by lowering to a level the HPTA is comfortable with for a lack of better words.

The ideal way to use hCG on cycle is to start with your cycle at 250iu twice a week. I have seen many people use the blast method at the end of cycle before the start of PCT by injecting 1000iu eod for 2 weeks. I believe this method to be inferior to staying on 500iu a week while on cycle. Recommendations by Dr. Eugene Shippen verify such claims. It has been said that using high amounts of hCG at once desensitizes the testes so the latter philosophy should be king. hCG should be discontinued in PCT since it would interfere with the natural production of LH and has a aromatizing characteristic.

Proper Storage of hCG (credit to cybrsage for this idea)

The biggest issue with hCG is its very short shelf life and inability to tolerate heat. The vial has to be kept refrigerated in order to sustain anywhere from 30-60 days shelf life (most prescriptions will only give a 30 day shelf life for hCG). As a trt user myself I find that my hCG expires long before I get a chance to use it all, wasting my money down the toilet. One of the members on the forum had an ingenious idea for extending the shelf life of hCG so it doesn***8217;t go to waste. hCG is usually refrigerated in the same temperatures as food giving it the 30 day shelf life. As with most things, colder temperatures extend shelf life. The shelf life of hCG is doubled when frozen. Cybrsage came up with a nifty way to do this.

Here is what you need:

1 21-23g needle
1 5ml syringe
A good number of 29g 1/2inch insulin syringes (20 for 5ml should be right).
Alcohol Swab

Step 1
Reconstitute your hCG with BAC water so that you are getting 1000iu out of 1ML, that***8217;s the typical dosage (follow proper sterilization protocol).

Step 2
Take an alcohol swab and swab the top of the vial (do this again, you should have done in it step 1) and remove the total amount of liquid into the 5ml syringe using the 21-23g needle.

Step 3
Insulin syringe backloading
Have all your insulin syringes out and ready. Remove the plunger of the insulin syringe and with the insulin syringe facing down inject your regular dosage into the syringe (typically 250iu). Barely replace the plunger and let the hCG come all the way down to it when you make the syringe face the ceiling. Push the plunger up to remove all air in the syringe.

Step 4
Put the insulin syringes that you fill into the freezer

Step 5
About 24 hours before you need to inject your hCG transfer the syringe to your regular fridge, it should melt overnight and be ready for injection.

This method is a life saver for trt clients who see a lot of waste in terms of hCG expiring

I hope this article was helpful in your quest to your goals

If interested in nutritional and training coaching please contact me at 3jdiet@gmail.com to become a client or click on the link below to be transferred to my website

3J's Nutrition | Diet and fitness consulting to get you to the next level.

Last edited:
This is epic brotha!! I am glad I recently became your client and this post certainly made me feel even more confident about the months ahead.

Question: at what "strength" do you guys mix your hcg for injecting? I don't know if I'm asking that entirely correctly. How much of a shot are you injecting to get the 250iu? Are you mixing it such that 1ml equals 250 or .1ml equals 250?

Question: at what "strength" do you guys mix your hcg for injecting? I don't know if I'm asking that entirely correctly. How much of a shot are you injecting to get the 250iu? Are you mixing it such that 1ml equals 250 or .1ml equals 250?

if you look at an insulin syringe thats a total of 1ml.. it is also equivalently measured as 1000iu... so i put 250iu or .25ml in each one

I mix to 1000iu per 1mL.

Hey brotha, I would run a search for reconstituting hcg. Or the link at the bottom should help as well, but because I've be researching this a lot I'll share some insight.

You can't necessarily use the term strength because it is a dosage in iu's and the "strength" or effect of the hcg dosage will always be dependent on the hcgs potency and several other variables.
So say you have a 5,000iu vial and if you reconstituted it with 5ml bac water then you would have 1000 ius/ 1 ml so a 1 cc/ 1ml slin pin has 100 units and would hold 1000 ius so 1000ius divided by 100 units gives you 10 ius of hcg per unit or line on the slin pin. Of course you won't be shooting 10 iu so 10iu times 25units on the 1ml slin pin= 250 ius. So you would draw back the plunger to 25 units and inject! I believe I did that correctly! I am new to hcg as well ;)

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroids-bodybuilding-articles/156901-hcg-101-a.html

I'm glad they chimed in as well.
@3J I have been reading about freezing pins and I came a cross a few posts discussing the possibility of damaging the hcg because it has an affect on the bonds. Would this only occur if it went through multiple freeze-thaw cycles? I trust your knowledge and experience so I'm honestly just trying to further this discussion.

I'm glad they chimed in as well.
@3J I have been reading about freezing pins and I came a cross a few posts discussing the possibility of damaging the hcg because it has an affect on the bonds. Would this only occur if it went through multiple freeze-thaw cycles? I trust your knowledge and experience so I'm honestly just trying to further this discussion.

yes that would be the case.. since youre only freezing it once and melting it you should be fine.. a pharmacy will ask you to freeze your vial if they give it to you already mixed and you have some left over from your last batch..

Hey brotha, I would run a search for reconstituting hcg. Or the link at the bottom should help as well, but because I've be researching this a lot I'll share some insight.

You can't necessarily use the term strength because it is a dosage in iu's and the "strength" or effect of the hcg dosage will always be dependent on the hcgs potency and several other variables.
So say you have a 5,000iu vial and if you reconstituted it with 5ml bac water then you would have 1000 ius/ 1 ml so a 1 cc/ 1ml slin pin has 100 units and would hold 1000 ius so 1000ius divided by 100 units gives you 10 ius of hcg per unit or line on the slin pin. Of course you won't be shooting 10 iu so 10iu times 25units on the 1ml slin pin= 250 ius. So you would draw back the plunger to 25 units and inject! I believe I did that correctly! I am new to hcg as well ;)

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroids-bodybuilding-articles/156901-hcg-101-a.html

actually thats incorrect.. if you were to use 2.5ml you would get 500iu per 1/4ml.. that would technically be "stronger" lol

I just want to make sure of something. Is mixing 1ml of Bac water for every 1000iu's of HCG the recommended way? I've been mixing 1ml to 5000iu's of hcg. This way I only have to take 5 units, and that's 250iu of HCG.

I've also had 0 luck backloading HCG. When I squirt into the insulin pin it seems to separate into droplets all throughout the inside of the syringe. When I place the stopper back in and turn it up, it never seems to come back together, so air is dispersed throughout. If I try to blled the air out hcg is spitting out along with it. So, I've just drawn the HCG into the insulin pin. Yes this dulls the needle, because it's injected through rubber once, but I couldn't backload correctly.

Last edited:
1000 units per mL is common, but if your mix stays well dissolved and you feel you can measure it accurately, I don't think there's anything wrong with doing what you're doing.

I never backload... it's messy and a possible source of contamination as well as using more pins. Insulin pins still seem plenty sharp to me after piercing the stopper once.

1000 units per mL is common, but if your mix stays well dissolved and you feel you can measure it accurately, I don't think there's anything wrong with doing what you're doing.

I never backload... it's messy and a possible source of contamination as well as using more pins. Insulin pins still seem plenty sharp to me after piercing the stopper once.

i notice more pain when using the same needle twice..

i dont understand how you could fail at it??

i backload for my trt shots twice a week.. lol

It's plenty dissolved, no white powder left. I have .5ml pins, as well as 1ml pins. the .5ml has hash marks for every unit, and has 5, 10, 15, and so on marked. So, measuring 5 units is easy.

i dont understand how you could fail at it??

i backload for my trt shots twice a week.. lol

I can backload test, it all runs together. The HCG kind of sprays out, and separates into droplets which hang on to the side of the inside of the syringe. The droplets are spread all throughout the syringe. When I put the stopper in, then turn the needle facing up, the droplets never run back together. So, as I try to push air out I'm hitting little droplets of hcg, and tiny bits spray out while trying to bleed it. I tried it several times, and decided not to waste anymore, and just draw it into each of the pins, and freeze them.

Most of what I've read with examples of re constituting hcg use a 5000iu vial of HCG and and 5 cc of bac water to it mix transfer ti your new vial and that gives you 1000iu of hcg per cc in your vial then draw your dosage based on that

Is that correct?

Most of what I've read with examples of re constituting hcg use a 5000iu vial of HCG and and 5 cc of bac water to it mix transfer ti your new vial and that gives you 1000iu of hcg per cc in your vial then draw your dosage based on that

Is that correct?

yup!

I can backload test, it all runs together. The HCG kind of sprays out, and separates into droplets which hang on to the side of the inside of the syringe. The droplets are spread all throughout the syringe. When I put the stopper in, then turn the needle facing up, the droplets never run back together. So, as I try to push air out I'm hitting little droplets of hcg, and tiny bits spray out while trying to bleed it. I tried it several times, and decided not to waste anymore, and just draw it into each of the pins, and freeze them.

you'll lose a little bit.. but if it means saving 25-35% of your vial from expiring you need to look at the bigger picture..

i myself only use 200iu hcg a week..

I tap the side of the insulin pin with my fingernail (like what you see them do in the movies) so force the liquid down to the bottom and the air up to the top.

Back