HCG use and Optimal storage method by 3J

The ideal way to use hCG on cycle is to start with your cycle at 250iu twice a week. I have seen many people use the blast method at the end of cycle before the start of PCT by injecting 1000iu eod for 2 weeks. I believe this method to be inferior to staying on 500iu a week while on cycle. Recommendations by Dr. Eugene Shippen verify such claims. It has been said that using high amounts of hCG at once desensitizes the testes so the latter philosophy should be king. hCG should be discontinued in PCT since it would interfere with the natural production of LH and has a aromatizing characteristic.

So I've been reading up a lot on HCG and I think I'm finally convinced to just start doing the 500iu week for the rest of my cycle (I'm week 2 of 10 week testosterone only 500mg cycle). That is, unless some of you veterans jump in and say don't waste your money and save your HCG for a longer more powerful cyle later. I'm not cheap, I have all my gear, but at same time don't want to be wasting unecessary ancillaries. That being said, I do have one question about this approach as follows:

So my compounding pharmacist gf and her boss who was apparently a bodybuilder and used HCG before both think it's absolute stupidity to use HCG for a duration any longer than 4 weeks. They've been nerding out on all the studies included in their pharmacy textbooks and such on HCG and say all the studies show there is no benefit to HCG after 4 weeks, it doesn't matter if you are doing 500iu a week or 1000iu a week, your body just doesn't respond to HCG after 4 weeks of continuous use and that by using for a longer duration then 4 weeks you are risking the whole desensitization of the testes thing. So does this give any validity to resorting back to the just use HCG the last 4 weeks of your cycle method that I understand was common practice prior to this new method of just doing small amounts the whole cycle?

So I've been reading up a lot on HCG and I think I'm finally convinced to just start doing the 500iu week for the rest of my cycle (I'm week 2 of 10 week testosterone only 500mg cycle). QUOTE]

Yes, do that for sure.

That being said, I do have one question about this approach as follows:

So my compounding pharmacist gf and her boss who was apparently a bodybuilder and used HCG before both think it's absolute stupidity to use HCG for a duration any longer than 4 weeks. They've been nerding out on all the studies included in their pharmacy textbooks and such on HCG and say all the studies show there is no benefit to HCG after 4 weeks, it doesn't matter if you are doing 500iu a week or 1000iu a week, your body just doesn't respond to HCG after 4 weeks of continuous use and that by using for a longer duration then 4 weeks you are risking the whole desensitization of the testes thing. So does this give any validity to resorting back to the just use HCG the last 4 weeks of your cycle method that I understand was common practice prior to this new method of just doing small amounts the whole cycle?
I'd like to see the material they base that decision on. It's nice of them to try to help you but, it's not logical. First if you know why you are taking HCG, then you would want those benefits whenever your HPTA pathway is shut down. And Second, the HCG will continue to work for you after 4 weeks, so I see no logic in discontinuing HCG. I'm always interested in hearing another side of this, if it is based on science and not bro science. I've read a lot about HCG and never, ever heard of this 4 week max. I've never heard any doctor trained in hormones espouse these ideas either. If you don't want to listen to me, fine. I have been a little hard on you because of your 'ADHD'. Then listen to the other members here.

Last edited:
Very useful thread, I have a question regarding transporting HCG, now I can't buy it in my city, as all the chemists I have asked, claim it's a prescription drug, which it isn't.
So if I buy my requirement from another place and carry in a cooler bag with dry ice, the hcg should be ok, but chances are it would reach home frozen, would that be a problem as I would need to defrost to split the doses?

Very useful thread, I have a question regarding transporting HCG, now I can't buy it in my city, as all the chemists I have asked, claim it's a prescription drug, which it isn't.
So if I buy my requirement from another place and carry in a cooler bag with dry ice, the hcg should be ok, but chances are it would reach home frozen, would that be a problem as I would need to defrost to split the doses?

I have never seen it sold in liquid form, always in freeze dried powder form. If the freeze dried powder is frozen, just toss the rest of it back in the freezer and thaw only one of the 5000IU containers to use. If it is a liquid and frozen, again no big deal but you should not freeze it again. It can damage it if you freeze, thaw, freeze, and thaw again. It might be fine, I have never tested it, but I would not risk it.

Very helpful thread. Going to pick up some hcg from psl. Was thinking to get the 5 vials deal, from what I've read if I'm understanding correct it has a long shelf life until you mix with the bac, right?

Very helpful thread. Going to pick up some hcg from psl. Was thinking to get the 5 vials deal, from what I've read if I'm understanding correct it has a long shelf life until you mix with the bac, right?

looking forward to your logs!

Yes, especially long if you keep the powder in the freezer, but a cool, dark place is good enough.

I use 250IU twice a week, forever, due to being on TRT. I do it purely for the cosmetic reason of keeping my balls looking normal. The wife did not like them small and it was affecting my sex life.

I know this thread is old but I have a serious question -

My hcg comes in a 2ml ampule with 2ml of bac water. Both in the vials you break to open. So I have ordered 2 1ml insulin syringes online and 20 29G 0.5" needles. I plan on filling the syringes with the solution and 0.1ml will equal to 250iu. I will change the pin each time. Would it be possible to freeze both the syringes and take the one i'm currently using out of the freezer 1 day before each injection?

Basically I'm asking if you can keep freezing and defrosting the solution?

And a separate question - how does freezing it affect the potency over time?

Refreezing can damage the product, it is not recommended. It would be better to just get a box of insulin pins and preload them. The skills you gain from doing this with the super cheap HCG can also be used when / if you ever start using HGH.

Well my slin pins arrived as syringes with the pins already attatched so it looks like I'll be drawing 0.1ml into 10 of them and will need to order another 10 as my ampule is 2ml...

By the way, why is BAC recommended over normal saline (.9% sodium chloride)?

Bacteriostatic 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic, isotonic solution of sodium chloride in water for injection. Each milliliter (mL) contains sodium chloride 9 mg and 0.9% (9 mg/mL) benzyl alcohol added as a bacteriostatic preservative.

The short of it is that it lasts longer before growies can take hold and start to grow.

I travel a lot . I got my HCG in Ecuador and Panama for example ,from a hospital pharmacy and in Colombia from a vet and both were kept refrigerated and bagged with a block of ice. So how "stable" or viable is the HCG shipped from the UGLs ? I assume it must be ok otherwise they wouldn't keep selling it....

Just bought my first HCG.
Came with two vials, one powder and one bac water(?).

I've read the thread and understand how to store and hopefully mix and measure it.(i think)
Bought a 5ml pump(as per guide) and mix everything in there and then just remove needle and draw from the pump. Thats ok ?

My question is more about the insulin needles.(Myjector 1ml, 29g x 1/2". 0.33 x 12mm)
I bought a bunch of them, comes in sterile packages but with the short half life of hcg and freezing....
How will i keep everything sterile ?
I have to open all packages, remove top, fill it, put top back on and put all in freezer ?

Or I'm i worrying to much ?

Edit. I should have opened one of the needles before posting lol..
Took me a while but now I get what "backloading" means. Just remove the plunger completely and measure it "upside down" and never remove top. Maybe i wasn't careful but the black plastic pusher part broke off the plunger when i tried to put it back in.

Edit2. Just read that you can mix hcg with your other compounds and lessen the injections. Is this true ? What would be the best way to go about it ? (Thinking of the freezed needles)

Last edited:
I never bothered with the freezing preloaded pins thingy. Here is how I have done it for years with no problems: I usually get pregnyl. 5000 iu. It includes one ampule of hcg n one of water. I throw the water one away. Order with my pins some BAC water and some sterile vials.

Open hcg vial. Transfer 2mls BAC water to ampule. Swirl. Suck it out n shoot it into sterile vial. Repeat once. Add last 1ml bac water to vial. Total of 5 mls bac so 5000iu/5mls=1000iu/ml

Keep the vial in a script bottle in the fridge. Twice a week wipe top of vial with alcohol swab n pin 250 sub-q.

If I ever feel deflated I just shoot a bit more. Maybe toward the end of the vial when its losing a bit of strength I shoot 300 twice a week instead of 250.

Do not sweat the small stuff :)

I never bothered with the freezing preloaded pins thingy. Here is how I have done it for years with no problems: I usually get pregnyl. 5000 iu. It includes one ampule of hcg n one of water. I throw the water one away. Order with my pins some BAC water and some sterile vials.

Open hcg vial. Transfer 2mls BAC water to ampule. Swirl. Suck it out n shoot it into sterile vial. Repeat once. Add last 1ml bac water to vial. Total of 5 mls bac so 5000iu/5mls=1000iu/ml

Keep the vial in a script bottle in the fridge. Twice a week wipe top of vial with alcohol swab n pin 250 sub-q.

If I ever feel deflated I just shoot a bit more. Maybe toward the end of the vial when its losing a bit of strength I shoot 300 twice a week instead of 250.

Do not sweat the small stuff :)

Im to lazy to go downstairs and look but think i have the same, maybe even pregnyl. Glass ampules with 5000iu and one with blue label water.
That sounds really smart and convenient but i'm not sure my supplier have sterile vials or bac water.
Will have todo some more research into this. Thanks :)

Back