heavy low rep then 2 days later high rep...

jocktheglide

Is that bad to say do low reps 6 to 8 one day then 2 days later come in and do the same movements, but for 12 plus reps or more just to move blood into the muscle group you last worked out 2 days ago?

IMO low reps is like 1-3, anything else is high rep :insane2:

what are you trying to achieve by doing this? why not just blast them one day and let them recover until the next intense workout

inked1 said:
IMO low reps is like 1-3, anything else is high rep :insane2:

what are you trying to achieve by doing this? why not just blast them one day and let them recover until the next intense workout
my bad I guess to avoid the soreness....to pump blood into there to me it helps reduce the soreness for me personally though...just curious if thats a bad thing or just let me be sore.

It's good to mix things around and keep your body guessing.

U might be interested in trying the P/RR/S system, works really well, check it out.

if you were to work each muscle group 2x or even 3x per week, you wouldn't have any soreness... it's because of better conditioning to the movement. so to answer the question - yes, you will benefit!

PS: 1-3 reps is low, 6-8 is on the higher side.

interesting, I have always done high reps anything from 12 - 17 range... guess Il give 3-6 a try.

does that even count for small muscle parts like bicep , tricep calves etc.?

gogo I try and use low reps for the big 3 lifts, and then use higher reps for the smaller mm groups ( like bi's etc).

post your goals and your current routine and we'll try and fine tune it for you

Alright thanks guys thanks for the respones...the high rep is nothing strenuous I go in and do some pumping for 3 sets for each movement I did earlier in the week.

Back