Help me answer a question plz

Teutonic

My training partner since 1987 ( we started as local cops together then too) brings another officer w him to train w us and he asked me a question I d like to ask those who know.

He s on trt. 1 cc test 100 a week. Has him at his endo s desired level of .whatever. He was prescribed a 10 cc vial BUT this last time his Rx called for 10 1 cc ampules as he was told by his endo, who was supposed to have quoted a rx sales rep ( I know, I said, he said, they said....lame) who indicated that a once drawn from vial has a shelf life of 28 day s there fore the 10 amps.

I told him I d ask as I m o it s total b/s, just another pharmaceutical companies pushing their wares and we all know money is 99 % of even doc s ultimate goal. Def the Rx companies goals to move more product. The rep went on to say that no manner of clean pinning techniques can keep a bottle sterile or unadulterated.

Given my driving habits and what not I d like to answer it correctly. He s got cop ins so it s no matter really but your views are sought after. ..and as 1/2 the cops and 3/4 of the SWAT team s jacked w or w/o rx I try to please them all. Most are cool some f k n dick s but the q remains.

Thanks

T

The CDC recommends discarding a multi-use vial 28 days after it has been opened.

When should multi-dose vials be discarded?

Medication vials should always be discarded whenever sterility is compromised or questionable.

In addition, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) General Chapter 797 [16] recommends the following for multi-dose vials of sterile pharmaceuticals:
If a multi-dose has been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured) the vial should be dated and discarded within 28 days unless the manufacturer specifies a different (shorter or longer) date for that opened vial.

If a multi-dose vial has not been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured), it should be discarded according to the manufacturer***8217;s

CDC - Multi-dose vials - Safe Practices for Medical Injections FAQs - Injections Safety

I can't help exactly with that question, but i used to be prescribed 100mg per week. Doc would write it as 100mg/ml and 1cc per week. Dude at pharmacy told me to ask doc to write it as 200mg/ml and 1/2cc e7d. Now the reason pharmacy told me that was to save me money as the only had 100mg/ml in name brand and had 200mg/ml in generic.

When i first started trt, the pharmacy would give me a month's supply, which was all my insurance allowed even though doc wrote 3 month supply (pharmacy filled ome month with 2 refills). That one month supply would be a 10ml bottle and I'd get a new 10ml bottle next month. So maybe that is their protocol on the expiration date you stated. Now they only give me 1ml bottles though.

Your friend should just go to a new pharmacy. There are many that will give a 10ml vial out as the doctor prescribes instead of substituting 1ml amps. And I like MJF's suggestion.

Just to touch on the quotes given by Tron; the legal wording is should, and not shall. This makes it a SUGGESTION, not a mandate. Something doctors should know.

Thanks. It s not the pharmacy, it s the doc rx written as 10, 1-ml amps @ 100 mg.

Thank s again to all especially u Mega. I can quote Gov. Reg. "suggesting" same and to play it safe the Doc doing what he "should"..in today s litigious society....makes sense. Guess I ll show him the sure fire way to not lose gear or inject micro glass in his bottom...ie...I score the amp and use top half of a 2 piece pen, wrapped in a face towel pop fill and pin.

Oh, he's getting amps? Even my 1ml's they give are vials with rubber stopper.

What do you use to score it? I sometimes have difficulty with my hcg amps even though I use the pen cap method.

Many pharmacies actually carry ampule breakers. They have a little blade that scores it as you twist. Pen cap works too, and I learned the hard way NOT to try to do it with bare hands. Looked like a damn murder scene as I squeezed too hard, crushing the silly thing into my fingers - covering everything in a gooey blood/nandrolone mix. :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^standard equipment^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nail file works too

Back