HELP ME...need to gain

tmack

I am a 6'1 , 150 lb. rookie.33yrs.old.I recently started eating bigger and better in attempt to gain weight.I am finally starting to gain.....but little and slowly.I was wondering if anyone has any bulking tips or know of any good supplements that will help me gain weight.Also I was wondering if I should start my workout plan now,or wait till I gain weight?Will working out hinder my weight gain?Should I get some simple weight gainer or is one better than another?Sorry for the noobie questions but like I said,I am a greenhorn so any help....much appreciated.U guyz never disappoint w/ info so thanx for feedback.........yall rock!!

Real whole food and a lot of it. And yes start training. Have you have trained with weights before?

Don't worry about supplements right now aside from multi vitamin, fish oil, and maybe a good clean whey isolate for post workout.

I'd highly suggest you scoot over to the diet section and hit up 3J, if you're serious about this.

Post up an example of what you eat in a day!

I have done very little weightlifting because I lift and hang sheetrock all day.I know that is no substitute for weights but it has me in good shape.I weigh 150 and the boards weigh 135-165 each and I hang bout 100-120 of them a day.but I am ready to start lifting,what do I start at?has anyone heard of explode gainer? My brother also has a source for whey protien 5lbs. 30 bucks should I introduce that to my eating cycle.and how big should I be to consider some gear?

ironically enough, you should try the actual product called need to gain, or n2gain. It's made for people who need to put on weight/size.

I have done very little weightlifting because I lift and hang sheetrock all day.I know that is no substitute for weights but it has me in good shape.I weigh 150 and the boards weigh 135-165 each and I hang bout 100-120 of them a day.but I am ready to start lifting,what do I start at?has anyone heard of explode gainer? My brother also has a source for whey protien 5lbs. 30 bucks should I introduce that to my eating cycle.and how big should I be to consider some gear?

You don't start weight lighting with gear... you use gear to go past your limits, to take it to another level. IMO you'll waste your money because when you do start lifting, you will explode with newbie gains as long as you are eating enough. Don't waste your money on expensive products like n2gain, just get yourself a nice quality isolate whey protein that has carbs (check the quality and variety of sources in your 5lb bag of protein). The protein will help you build muscle, but what is really going to get you to gain is eating more calories than your burning, eating a lot of quality foods, and more than 3 times a day. Your very active, clearly, you need to increase your calorie count well above your maintenance level and hit the gym 3 times a week for the first month to get your body used to it (ensuring you hit all body parts) then stepping it up to 5 days a week after that focusing on that increased food intake of good clean complex carbs and proteins.

The only supplements you need starting out for the next year or more:
1) Quality multivitamin
2) Quality whey isolate protein

Optional, and recommended:
1) Creatine monohydrate (5g a day, dont go buying name brand crap, just get normal creatine mono)
2) Fish oils (really cheap and worth it)

Make sure your getting a good amount of sleep and follow my advise and you will see insane gains naturally over the next 6 months!

Well first off you need to know how much your body burns or needs in calories per day or find your BMR which is how many calories you burn by doing jack shit.
Go online find a BRM calculator.
Lets say that it says 1500 is your BMR that means you need to eat 1500 a day to stay the same, this is when you are not doing anything besides sitting on your ass that is how much your body will need. If you are actually not doing shit around the house but maybe walking around or going to the store than add maybe like 200 so eat 1700 if you are active that day not super active just walking around the house or something that doesnt require alot of activity.

usually when lifting weights you can burn up to 500 cals

So if your BMR is 1500 on days that you lift weights you burn about 500 calories so you add 500 to 1500 and your body will need 2000 caloires on days you lift TO STAY THE SAME

So if you want to gain or lose weight just add calories, since you want to get bigger add 300-500 caloires on to how many calories you need a day to stay the same, so on days that you dont do crap you may eat 2000 to gain weight and on days you lift you would eat 2500 to gain weight

3500 cals= 1 pounds, so if you eat and extra 500 cals a day that is 500X7 because there are 7 days in a week so 500X7= 3500 extra cals every week so you should look to gain about 1 pound every week, if you are gaining like 2-3 pounds a week than alot of it is fat and not muscle.

so eat 300-500 more than your body burns in cals per day.

drink lots of water like a gallon a day. Water helps burn fat too.
If you need quick calories peanut butter and milk are easy ways to get calories fast.

weight gainers will help if you have a hard time eating enough calories, some weight gainers have 1000 calories in just one scoop so if you took 2 scoops that would be a whole day worth of eating so weight gainers are great and easy to gain weight.

supps that will help you gain weight are really just weight gainers and creatine
creatine will make you gain weight because of the water that is stored in your body so you could gain 5-10 pounds from creatine in just a couple weeks.

Creatine is probably the most effective supplement that actually isnt BS and works quite well. Of course next step up from creatine is roids but guessing that you want to stay natural creatine is going to be the most effective supplement you take.
Creatine mono is the most used and most proven and effective to work. Alot of supps are bs and some arnt.

solid post from ICEN!

add white rice to all of your meals and tell me that you cant gain weight on that! i promise you will...

check out orbitnutrition for some good mass gainers!

ironically enough, you should try the actual product called need to gain, or n2gain. It's made for people who need to put on weight/size.
I agree with this, need to gain will help you. As those above said, diet is number one in your quest to gain muscle. Supps are just the icing on the cake.

Well first off you need to know how much your body burns or needs in calories per day or find your BMR which is how many calories you burn by doing jack shit.
Go online find a BRM calculator.
Lets say that it says 1500 is your BMR that means you need to eat 1500 a day to stay the same, this is when you are not doing anything besides sitting on your ass that is how much your body will need. If you are actually not doing shit around the house but maybe walking around or going to the store than add maybe like 200 so eat 1700 if you are active that day not super active just walking around the house or something that doesnt require alot of activity.

usually when lifting weights you can burn up to 500 cals

So if your BMR is 1500 on days that you lift weights you burn about 500 calories so you add 500 to 1500 and your body will need 2000 caloires on days you lift TO STAY THE SAME

So if you want to gain or lose weight just add calories, since you want to get bigger add 300-500 caloires on to how many calories you need a day to stay the same, so on days that you dont do crap you may eat 2000 to gain weight and on days you lift you would eat 2500 to gain weight

3500 cals= 1 pounds, so if you eat and extra 500 cals a day that is 500X7 because there are 7 days in a week so 500X7= 3500 extra cals every week so you should look to gain about 1 pound every week, if you are gaining like 2-3 pounds a week than alot of it is fat and not muscle.

so eat 300-500 more than your body burns in cals per day.

drink lots of water like a gallon a day. Water helps burn fat too.
If you need quick calories peanut butter and milk are easy ways to get calories fast.

weight gainers will help if you have a hard time eating enough calories, some weight gainers have 1000 calories in just one scoop so if you took 2 scoops that would be a whole day worth of eating so weight gainers are great and easy to gain weight.

supps that will help you gain weight are really just weight gainers and creatine
creatine will make you gain weight because of the water that is stored in your body so you could gain 5-10 pounds from creatine in just a couple weeks.

Creatine is probably the most effective supplement that actually isnt BS and works quite well. Of course next step up from creatine is roids but guessing that you want to stay natural creatine is going to be the most effective supplement you take.
Creatine mono is the most used and most proven and effective to work. Alot of supps are bs and some arnt.

BMR means very little, which is why you calculate TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure), which takes into account BMR as well as your activity level.

Back