Help with cutting diet

King_of_Spades

Can someone help me on my cutting diet? I was hoping for a diet that would consist of solid food and maybe one protein drink. Here my stats: Been lifting for about 4years, Last year my training wasn’t that good, I had a lot of stress, ( I won’t get in detail) and I took a break.

180Lbs-182Lbs
BF is around 15-16

Thanx in advance

1.5g Protein / lb Bodyweight
1.0g Carbs / lb Bodyweight
.25g Fat / lb Bodyweight

Use this as a base and adjust from there.

You can throw in high carb day and lower protein.
Also you can drop carbs down to .5g and up fat to .5g

Hope that helps. Just ask if you need more.

good advice Dirk!
You can play around some with your carb levels depending on progress. Keep the complex sources earlier in the day, such as old fashioned oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes/yams, beans/legumes and tons of fiberous veggies througout the day. Post workout make SURE that you are including a whey/dextrose mix for recovery! To adjust carbs perhaps on non training days, you'll cut out that shake which lowers your overall carb intake.
...Dont neglect your EFA's either.. these are essential in every diet, bulking or cutting. flax oil, olive oil, fatty fish(or fishoil caps), hemp oil, nuts/seeds in moderation. just to note, no fats in your post workout shake or post workout meal.. you dont want to slow the rate of absorption of nutrients into your muscle cells that much.
...LOTS of water, over 1 gallon everyday. an addtional supplement of ephedrine and caffeine can help give you a boost, as well as drinking plenty of green tea.
.. as for cardio, begin with 4 days per week.. altering between interval style for 20 minutes or so.. and the other being a more moderated paced session 30+ minutes.
..finally, if your prone to stress make sure that your getting ENOUGH sleep everynite. this is crucial to ward of stress and aid in recovery.

if theres anything, feel free to ask :)

Thanx for you reply's.

I have one more question? In Dirk reply, I should be eating around 12Cal/ lb Bodyweight. But like I said I didn't lift weight for more that a year. With those 12 cal/ lb Bodyweight will my muscle memory come back, or should I up my cal to like 15 cal/ Bodyweight and cut after??

Thanx

If you are looking to regain lost muscle ideally shoot for 15x your body.. 12x is too low to gain muscle, 15 is even low..more maintenace..really depends on your goals.. are you aiming to gain more muscle or cut bodyweight. its far to difficult to even attepmt to do both at the same time.

Hey bud, When i suggested those numbers it was with the impression you wanted to cut. Hence the title of the thread.

If i were you i would probably spend the next 12 weeks working out at maitence kcals. Then proceed with the cutting diet until you reach your desired bodyfat goals.

Since your just getting back into the game use this as a guideline.

1.5g Pro / lb Bodyweight
2.0g Carbs / lb Bodyweight
.25g Fat / lb Bodyweight

Like i said stick with that for about 12 weeks. By that time you should be back into the swing of things. Your muscle memory should have returned along with better recuperative ability. Then follow a cutting diet unitl you get to approx 6%.

After that i would try and maintain that conditioning for also another 12 weeks. Then if you feel like you need to add size then start that. Here is the offseason (muscle building numbers i recommend)

1.5g Pro
2.5g - 3.0g carbs (depending on what type of body you have, ecto's would be at the higher end and endo at the lower.)
.25g Fat

Please remember that bodybuilding is a process. It does take time but with the proper planning it will get done a lot sooner.

As far as workout suggestions. I like a 2 on 1 off split.

Day 1: delts, triceps
day 2: back, traps
day 3: off
day 4: chest, bi's
day 5: quads, hams, calves
day 6: off
day 7: repeat

I would suggest trying to also do 30 min of cardio 3x / week (for cardiovascular health) during maintence and off season programs.

Good Luck (feel free to ask anything else)

DirkMoneyshot said:
Hey bud, When i suggested those numbers it was with the impression you wanted to cut. Hence the title of the thread.

If i were you i would probably spend the next 12 weeks working out at maitence kcals. Then proceed with the cutting diet until you reach your desired bodyfat goals.

Since your just getting back into the game use this as a guideline.

1.5g Pro / lb Bodyweight
2.0g Carbs / lb Bodyweight
.25g Fat / lb Bodyweight

Like i said stick with that for about 12 weeks. By that time you should be back into the swing of things. Your muscle memory should have returned along with better recuperative ability. Then follow a cutting diet unitl you get to approx 6%.

After that i would try and maintain that conditioning for also another 12 weeks. Then if you feel like you need to add size then start that. Here is the offseason (muscle building numbers i recommend)

1.5g Pro
2.5g - 3.0g carbs (depending on what type of body you have, ecto's would be at the higher end and endo at the lower.)
.25g Fat

Please remember that bodybuilding is a process. It does take time but with the proper planning it will get done a lot sooner.

As far as workout suggestions. I like a 2 on 1 off split.

Day 1: delts, triceps
day 2: back, traps
day 3: off
day 4: chest, bi's
day 5: quads, hams, calves
day 6: off
day 7: repeat

I would suggest trying to also do 30 min of cardio 3x / week (for cardiovascular health) during maintence and off season programs.

Good Luck (feel free to ask anything else)

Very good advice!

Back