HGH and skin elasticity

Will my pituitary stop producing its own growth hormone if I take injectible GH?
If you are an adult, your pituitary is already not producing very much growth hormone... and whatever little amount it is releasing is diminishing with age. Your pituitary, however, will continue to produce and release whatever it does independent of injectible growth hormone (but it might release a little more than it would have, because the pituitary itself might be benefitted from growth hormone) because there is not a feedback mechanism, as there is with testosterone... In any case, if you stop taking growth hormone, your pituitary continues releasing at least what it would have, and maybe more, without any negative effect from your having taken injectible growth hormone.

What happens to a person who takes HGH for a year then stops taking it? Does the body pick up where it left off or are there risks involved?
There certainly are risks involved: your body starts aging again!

There are no side effects if you stop doing a good thing for your body, except you can't get the benefits of doing the good thing. Your body just loses most of the benefits after a few months or years, and will go on its merry way, aging normally. Remember, this is not A CURE, this is A TREATMENT. Stop the treatment, and you stop the benefits. That's all that happens: you stop getting the benefits and you continue to age normally.

What happens if you stop eating meat? You stop getting the benefits of eating meat, but you continue getting the benefits of eating vegetables, I suppose. That is what will happen if I stop "eating" growth hormone, because I consider growth hormone a part of my daily breakfast. I will not get the benefit of growth hormone anymore, but I will continue to get the benefit of whatever else I eat.

What dose should I use?

Take a blood test with what you have been injecting, and you would like your IGF-1 to be close to 500 but at least 350 to 500. My IGF-1 comes out 500 to 550, with 2 iu per day. I am 6'0" and I weigh 75 to 78 kilos most of the time, and I am not a body builder. If I weighed more I might use 2.5 iu or if I was trying to build my body for a contest I might use 4 or 5 iu per day.

Nobody knows the IDEAL dose. What you want is NO SIDE EFFECTs and you want good results. Tell me your height weight and age, and what you want to do, and I will give you my guess...

There are two ways of looking at which is the ideal dose... the first is what many doctors advise, which is: take the LEAST DOSE THAT WILL BRING YOU THE DESIRED BENEFITS... the second is what I do for myself: take the MAXIMUM DOSE THAT WILL BRING YOU THE DESIRED BENEFITS WITHOUT ANY SIDE EFFECTS IN THE LONG RUN. I go along with the second... but it is difficult to know: WHICH is the highest dose that will not cause side effects in the long run? In any case, the best dose is probably 2 or more units per day, and less than 5 units per day...

I know somebody who got carpal tunnel syndrome (pain in the wrists) with 10 iu per day, and the pains went away when he dropped the dose to 8 iu per day... So, maybe 8 iu is safe enough, but I would stay away from 8 iu until I hear more good or bad experience from bodybuilders. I have NO intention to be a brave pioneer who is burned in the name of leading the way, since there are plenty of volunteers for this position among body builders.

$2.00 an IU for pharmaceutical grade. That's what I got it for.

I agree Caladin, I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I start.

So far Ulter has the most experience I've found. I'm 41 at 220lbs, 6' and plan on running 4 IU’s a day with weekends off as TS and Ulter.

Last edited:
ulter said:
I've used it for many years. The last 7 years non-stop. 4iu/day

ulter said:
I've been on since July 4 2000. I wouldn't come off for anything short of cancer.
I use about 500mg/wk of test and 400mg/wk of deca.
Because I sell it at my store I use AIFM as my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and it's better than anything I've ever used.
Over 20 members here at Steroidology tested it and posted their results and not a single one said it wasn't 100% effective for them. In fact, I've never read ANY post on ANY board saying it wasn't 100% effective in over a year, until just now. There are over 300 posts about it on various boards that we track. So I'm pretty surprised to read that there is someone who doesn't think it works for them.

With all due respect to ulter, taking 4iu's/day of HGH non stop for seven years, and nearly a gram/week of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) non stop for six and a half years, he should be much leaner and carrying a hell of a lot more muscle.

IMO, the risk of negative side effects at those doses for that length of time, not to mention the $ expense, certainly have'nt been justified by the results. To each his own!

so ur natural gh levels start producing normally again to what they were before u started gh once you stop supplemeting.

simpllyhuge said:
so ur natural gh levels start producing normally again to what they were before u started gh once you stop supplemeting.
That was always my concern with HGH, coming off and having your natural levels supressed. According to the author of the website I posted, there is no negative feedback loop with HGH. He claims that injecting HGH may even increase natural production. Probably not enough people using HGH therapy to warrent any studies.

What do you guys think about taking what you would take for one wk and split it up in 3 separate injections, like Mon, Wed and Fri. I read this is much better for putting on size and injecting ed is better for fat burning. I was thinking of doing 10ius 3x wk.

Micro

How prooven is that there is no negative feedback loop, has anyone got any studies or articles to proove otherwise ? pubmed here I come :D

Can't HGH also mess up insuline levels ?

Back