High blood pressure

novice1

I am currently in week 4 of a Test/Deca cycle and have noticed my blood pressure is consistently higher...roughly 160/80....I usually run around 130/70...Anyone have problems with this...I am 36 years old, so this worries me alot...Would this be related to water retention from high levels of estrogen??? Would taking arimidex help???? Any suggestions???? I am thinking about stopping the cycle....

I have a similar problem.

I recommend that you take the Arimidex and see if it helps. Let us know.

It can be many factors... I always say play it safe and make an appointment to see the Doc...

Possibly they can put you on some meds... I take Toprol XL at 100mg/day while I am on cycle with one aspirin a day and no BP problems... Otherwise my BP is worse than what you have at the moment...

I am on benacar it is a diuretic and a bp lowerer. It is great while on cycle. I am at 120 over 60!!! I really like the diuretic in it helps with water weight!

gymlion77 said:
I am on benacar it is a diuretic and a bp lowerer. It is great while on cycle. I am at 120 over 60!!! I really like the diuretic in it helps with water weight!
not flameing but asking
why treat the symptom instead of the cause
anti estrogens would stop the bloating and prevent the bp rise in the 1st place .

Good point Dawg. I was about to ask that very same question.

is having the high blood presure a problem when on cycle, cuz mine on cycle is usualy around 160/80 or a lil higher, but since i came off it dropped down to around 140 somethin or lower.

Yes, it is with certain things. I'm assuming you read about the possible side effects of things before you just start injecting yourself, no?

ya i knw its a side but iv noticed nothing to alarm me, an i didnt think it was a big deal untill my friends my took my blood presure an said it was not good to have it tht high, but it goes bac so i dnt c wht the big deal is.

Dude, you can do what you want but high blood pressure anytime is not good. High blood pressure reduces the amount of oxygen your heart gets. For obvious reasons, you want to minimize that by taking the necessary precautions or else you are damaging your heart little by little. Anyways, that's my .02. Take it for what it's worth.

Jmoot said:
is having the high blood presure a problem when on cycle, cuz mine on cycle is usualy around 160/80 or a lil higher, but since i came off it dropped down to around 140 somethin or lower.
Increased BP increases the risk of enlarged heart. This is greatly oversimplifying matters, but the heart is a muscle and steroids of course tend to make overworked muscles get larger. But this isn't a good thing when it comes to the heart.

My BP is similar to yours while on cycle and I'm on two BP meds. I've been using Arimidex recently hoping to get it under control.

DADAWG said:
not flameing but asking
why treat the symptom instead of the cause
anti estrogens would stop the bloating and prevent the bp rise in the 1st place .

DADAWG: What kind of anti would you suggest? what is your preference during a cycle for an anti-E?

Answer) Well I am on small dose of femera as well, and it still didn't do the trick so I must have high bp all the time. Even when off cycle or running low test for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) I have found that (even with a small amount of nolva, or femera) BP is still in the higher range that I do not want it to be. Now I am a little bit over weight do to this time of the year and with work and some other personal problems. So I have started to "cut" if you will by adding allot of cardio for health and to get rid of this stuborn fat. Man it is amazing the time you spend getting ripped or huge if you do not take care of yourself and eat right, and stay going to the gym, how quickly you can lose what you "gained" ripped or large and in charge!

Back