High dose HGH and dogs

roccodart440

I don't know if you guys can derrive anything useful from this but sice everyone seems to be on a HGH ick lately I thought i'd post this for discusion.

----------------------------------

Effects of very high doses of human growth hormone (hGH) on the male reproductive system in the dog.Sjogren I, Jonsson M, Madej A, Johansson HE, Ploen L.
Toxicology, Pharmacia & Upjohn AB, Stockholm, Sweden.

The effects of very high doses of human growth hormone (hGH), pituitary derived or recombinant methionyl-hGH, on the morphology of reproductive organs and on some hormones in the male dog are described. The studies were part of a toxicological documentation of hGH. A total of 18 male dogs aged 7.5-20.5 months, from four studies were treated subcutaneously with hGH for 20-28 days at dose levels of 3, 10 or 25 IU kg-1 day-1 or 1 IU kg-1 three times weekly. Plasma levels of luteinizing hormone (LH), testosterone and prolactin were determined in one study. Organ weighing, macroscopic and histopathologic examinations of male reproductive organs at the end of the treatment period were included in all studies. Treatment with 25 IU kg-1 day-1 resulted in reduction of testis and prostate weights, degeneration of germ cells and epithelial atrophy in the testis, degenerative changes in epididymis and reduced height of the prostatic epithelium. Similar, although less severe morphological changes were observed after treatment with 10 IU kg-1 day-1. Treatment with 25 IU kg-1 day-1 also caused a marked reduction of plasma prolactin, LH and testosterone levels. These results suggest that repeated administration of very high doses of hGH interferes with the hormonal regulation of the testis in the dog.

PMID: 9567168 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

-----------------------------------

Oddly there are studies showing normal amounts of HGH in humans shows marked improvemnet and youthfullness of circulating hormones. But we're taling 2iu vs. the above.

That's a lot of HGH for the bodyweight. It would be interesting to see what a more normal dose would do in the dog’s life span. I have a friend that has a 15 year old Chow, (very old for a chow) just placed on steroids, she now acts like a puppy, worked wonders. Steroids in dogs over a long period of time attack their organs, but due to the age, it's definitely made the quality of her remaining time noticeable better. Only down side is the Chow now benches more then me!

It struck me funny HGH...HUMAN growth hormone administered to dogs causes a problem.

Would dog growth hormone cause problems for a human?

I am stating this tongue in cheek, but I think the point is these studies still don't do it for humans with the drugs we are using. Of course, this IS the closest we can get. Nobody is going to go for insane testing on people with drugs not designed for humans or with levels as crazy as the ones mentioned in this dog study. SO it is all we have to go on.

25IU/day, if an average dog weighs 25-30kg, dose would be 675IU of HGH per day. It's like having a study and giving a dog 100 tabs of anadrol per day and then saying "steroids killed the dog". no shit.

running gun said:
That's a lot of HGH for the bodyweight. It would be interesting to see what a more normal dose would do in the dog’s life span. I have a friend that has a 15 year old Chow, (very old for a chow) just placed on steroids, she now acts like a puppy, worked wonders. Steroids in dogs over a long period of time attack their organs, but due to the age, it's definitely made the quality of her remaining time noticeable better. Only down side is the Chow now benches more then me!

Her chow is on steroids now. You guys don't share needles do you? LOL

It struck me funny HGH...HUMAN growth hormone administered to dogs causes a problem.

Would dog growth hormone cause problems for a human?

I am stating this tongue in cheek, but I think the point is these studies still don't do it for humans with the drugs we are using. Of course, this IS the closest we can get. Nobody is going to go for insane testing on people with drugs not designed for humans or with levels as crazy as the ones mentioned in this dog study. SO it is all we have to go on.

GH is specie specific Dog GH WILL NOT WORK on humans you need to ingect the one for humans,the study that was done it had to be on Canine GH not human it wont work on dogs or any animal if its not for the species,and of course the doses were EXtemely high

Tnx for this great info.
I Haven't worked out in 5 years, and getting back soon, so just checking if I decide to go with hgh , how long I need to hit the gym before I can start ?

Tnx for this great info.
I Haven't worked out in 5 years, and getting back soon, so just checking if I decide to go with hgh , how long I need to hit the gym before I can start ?

Dude, this is an 8 year old thread. Just wait for answers on your own thread.

Back