Hope it's not an infection!!!

Tinyt

well i did a EQ shot on Sat of 1.5CC and i think i hit a vain or passed through one. I asperated and all and no blood and went ahead and injected. When i pulled out blood shot out and i knoticed that there was some( very little ) in the Pin. I noticed that my arm is kinda red and warm to the touch but the funny thing is that it's not at the injection site.. it is about 4" below the site.
i was really careful and clean about every injection and about asperating. Anyone have this happen to them???

It may take a day or two for the pain to subside, but if you see it getting worse to not waste any time going to a Doc for antibiotics. That shit could get serious if infection sets in, just keep an eye on it closely.

i started taking 500mg of Amoxicillin 3x a day already ...jb160 hope it's what you said!

PASSING THRU A VEIN

If you put the pin thru your vein that's called blowing a vein. If the area around (or below) the injection site is warm, red, swollen, or painful use warm compresses at the site several times a day and take motrin or some other product with ibuprofin in it. This redness and swelling happens when the blood seeps out of a vein into surrounding tissue.

It should go away after a few days, if not see a doctor and monitor your temperature, if you develop a fever see a doctor right away. A rise in termperature could very well indicate an infection.

Good news!!! Redness went away and everything is back to normal.no more pain.
Thanks for all the info from everyone!

Back