Hormone for Hidradenitis?

jj341

A friend of mine has Hidradenitis. It is such a rare condition it is called an orphan disease in that not much research has occurred on it as so few individuals have it. In his case it has resulted in the growth of significant sized cysts in his lower back that keep returning after the surgeries.
In the majority of cases this condition begins at the onset of puberty, the time when hormones kick in. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about what may benefit this condition. My buddy has just about given up hope. Thanks.

I have read that antiandrogens have shown promise but in large doses....gonna kill any sexual urges he might have. Not sure which anti-androgens bc if I remember correctly it was some weird ones I have almost never heard of. Sucks but I will pray for your buddy
J

A friend of mine has Hidradenitis. It is such a rare condition it is called an orphan disease in that not much research has occurred on it as so few individuals have it. In his case it has resulted in the growth of significant sized cysts in his lower back that keep returning after the surgeries.
In the majority of cases this condition begins at the onset of puberty, the time when hormones kick in. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about what may benefit this condition. My buddy has just about given up hope. Thanks.

Hey mate, I don't know about this particular medical condition, but as far as cysts are concerned, I have read that dermatologist can help by prescribing certain medications such as Isotretinoin (brand name: acutane), either topical or oral, and this supposedly works really well for people with cysts.

Your friend could try this route and see if it helps. Best of luck!

I have read that antiandrogens have shown promise but in large doses....gonna kill any sexual urges he might have. Not sure which anti-androgens bc if I remember correctly it was some weird ones I have almost never heard of. Sucks but I will pray for your buddy
J

james, I once heard a guy said his natural test was low after a cycle. Because he couldn't afford PCT, he prayed instead for several weeks and got his test back normal. :druggie:

Just joking, james. :D

Back