How do you guys handle acne?

Dean407

I have some acne on my upper back and neck with some misc acne elsewhere.

I'm going to get an exfoliating back strap. I was wondering if anyone has a soap or acne treatment that works well?

There seem to be a fair amount of acne treatments on amazon.

It's not an overwhelming amount of acne, but it is annoying.

Thanks.

Not that this is the healthiest option but i tan twice a week and shower twice a day. I use apricot scrub on my face, back, and chest.

Best approach is to manage your estradiol. When is the last time you checked your estradiol when you got blood work? How high was it?

What is your TRT protocol?

best to keep estradiol on the lower end.. if it gets too high, ur DHT goes up to compensate ... which can result in acne. (as well as accelerated hair loss).

so other than making sure ur AI dose is good... i would say just general skin care:

cleanser, moisturizer..... if u want, u can try retin a as well, and derma needling with vit. c.

(standard acne treatment might help too if its not too severe... i.e. proactiv type of stuff).

if it comes a severe issue, accutane is always out there, tho i wouldnt recommend it tbh.

I have used various soaps . Benzoil peroxide 10% helps but will ruin clothes and sheets . Salcylic acid is fair but won't bleach out your clothes and sheets . Tanning and salt water is best for me if practical ie. summer months . Finally Isotrentinoin (accutane) at 25mg daily really helped . I used research chems . After 5 or so weeks it started to improve . I ran a total of 4 months, 6 was recommended . After a month plus off I am pretty clear with only minor bumps on full blast . Watch your alt/ast and really watch it if you are taking other harsh orals , drol ,dbol etc . It was also suggested to get a lipid panel with the standard female hormone panel . I was in check but as recommended keeping your e2 in check is also key.

I use a natty soap brand called "dr.broners magic soaps" that with a good AI dose has me clear most of the time.
also drinking 2-4oz of apple cider vinegar "with mother" over weeks should help. i found it helpful. and dont over wash, body the tries to compensate and push MORE oil out. 1-2x a day is enough for showers. Tanning also helps i found

Well I just used Salicylic Acid for the first time and like it. I got Clearasil Ultra Acne + Marks Wash and Mask which contains 2% Salicylic Acid. I used nitrile gloves and after wetting them I rubbed the lotion in my hands. Then applied awkwardly but effectively to my back. Also got my neck face and head as I'm bald.

I'd say it was on about a minute or so then I washed it off in warm water in the shower.

My skin feels VERY refreshed and clean! I am honestly surprised at the difference in feel. Then again, I've never used anything other than cheap generic soaps. Let's see if it helps.

I'll be seeing a Dermatologist for other issues so if i don't get it under control I'm sure I can get help.

Now, a week later I'm happy to report that just using the Salicylic Acid daily has drastically reduced my acne.

I found a wash that with salicytic acid that when used with a lufa works very well. In addition to that I found an liquid form @ 2% of which I apply with a cotton disc. This helped but by lowering my e2 I am finally clearing up.

Last edited:
Now, a week later I'm happy to report that just using the Salicylic Acid daily has drastically reduced my acne.

awesome to hear man! and when you feel things are fine, check out the soap i mentioned. you can find it in most health food stores. i rec the mint or almond one. dont use extra cheapo soaps if your having these issues.

I wash my back with nizoral dandruff shampoo, it's got an anti fungal in it that has anti-androgen properties. I've had good results.

Back