How do you know if you're losing hair from AAS vs just normal shedding?

jdg86

I know people lose hair either way as new hair grows, and those of us with thicker hair lose even more, but how do you differentiate between hair loss from AAS and just shedding normally? Now that I'm on cycle I'm more neurotic about it, notice I have hair on my hands in the shower, but previously I never paid attention so I don't know if I'm just now noticing my normal loss. I also wear a hat all day outside so my natural shedding may be caught on my head and just staying there until I wash it off. Not really noticing a change in hairline or thickness. I bought some RU58841 solution to have on hand incase I definitely notice changes. Keeping my hair is pretty important to me, I realize it's a risk with AAS but hopefully I can mitigate it with some form of treatment. I'm trying to avoid DHT blockers because of the side effects. I even read RU can pose the same side effects so I'm even nervous about that but figured it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

even if going baled accept it and shave it off. dont pull a mr.berns... it happens to most with or without aas, but if your going to lose your hair anyway then aas can speed it up... accept it or dont use aas , that simple. i shave mine bald for years now

even if going baled accept it and shave it off. dont pull a mr.berns... it happens to most with or without aas, but if your going to lose your hair anyway then aas can speed it up... accept it or dont use aas , that simple. i shave mine bald for years now

That's the age-old response on these forums. I get it, some people don't care about going bald. I do care, my appearance matters to me. AAS also enhances my quality of life. I only live once, I feel as though I have the right to try to have both if possible, I don't think it's much to ask even if I don't succeed. I'm not sure I'm going bald, but if I am, I'd like to halt it before it progresses. I was asking how to tell if I am.

Short of counting hairs there isn't any way to tell. I'd rather be big and bald than small with a full head of hair. That aside. Dht derivative aas will increase hair loss

Short of counting hairs there isn't any way to tell. I'd rather be big and bald than small with a full head of hair. That aside. Dht derivative aas will increase hair loss
Do you have any opinion of ru58841? Why wouldn't you wanna be big and strong with hair if you can?

Easy the hair that falls taste the root of it and will taste like test or tren. Anadrol kind of makes it taste like chicken but everything else you take you can taste it in the hair.

That's the age-old response on these forums. I get it, some people don't care about going bald. I do care, my appearance matters to me. AAS also enhances my quality of life. I only live once, I feel as though I have the right to try to have both if possible, I don't think it's much to ask even if I don't succeed. I'm not sure I'm going bald, but if I am, I'd like to halt it before it progresses. I was asking how to tell if I am.

First, you don't have the right to anything. This comment hints at your age group, but I'll leave that alone.

Here's the long and short of it: If you're losing hair on cycle, you will lose your hair off cycle eventually. AAS does not do anything other than accelerate what mommy nature has planned for you. Sooo, you can dump all the crap on your head you want, you can spend thousands of dollars on fighting the inevitable - only to lose the battle...

Or...

You accept things as they are (maybe you're just shedding dude?) and either enjoy the quality of life AAS brings, or prepare for impending baldness natty. You can't stop it, and trying will likely hurt you more than anything.

Ok, so maybe you can stop it if you spend a lot of time and money, but it's just hair. I guess I'm not pretty enough to worry about the fur on my noggin, so I can't emphasize. :wiggle:

I know people lose hair either way as new hair grows, and those of us with thicker hair lose even more, but how do you differentiate between hair loss from AAS and just shedding normally? Now that I'm on cycle I'm more neurotic about it, notice I have hair on my hands in the shower, but previously I never paid attention so I don't know if I'm just now noticing my normal loss. I also wear a hat all day outside so my natural shedding may be caught on my head and just staying there until I wash it off. Not really noticing a change in hairline or thickness. I bought some RU58841 solution to have on hand incase I definitely notice changes. Keeping my hair is pretty important to me, I realize it's a risk with AAS but hopefully I can mitigate it with some form of treatment. I'm trying to avoid DHT blockers because of the side effects. I even read RU can pose the same side effects so I'm even nervous about that but figured it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

You know you've got your hands on some really good shit, when your pubes fall out!

I'll tell you one thing. The hair you see falling when you rub your head is NOT MPB. Androgenetic alopecia starts with minitiurization first. The hair will get smaller and thinner with time.

When you hear someone say "Bro, mast raped my hair, but it's all good, it grew back after cycle" That is not true MPB. MPB is virtually permanent. At best you might re-grow some peach fuzz in thinning areas.

I would say that using a cycle would definitely cause more hair loss than you would have normally lost naturally....

I would say that using a cycle would definitely cause more hair loss than you would have normally lost naturally....

If you're prone, sure. But AAS does not cause MPB if not susceptible in the first place. Some shedding is normal.

If you're prone, sure. But AAS does not cause MPB if not susceptible in the first place. Some shedding is normal.

What does being prone really mean? Aren't we all prone to some extent? I'm sure 95% of men would have some form of hair loss if they were to live to a very old age (100)

What does being prone really mean? Aren't we all prone to some extent? I'm sure 95% of men would have some form of hair loss if they were to live to a very old age (100)

Not everyone is prone. Some people die with a full head of hair. If those people would have run AAS in their younger years, I bet they'd still die with a full head of hair. MPB is genetic and is a maternal trait meaning it usually comes from your mother's side of the family. Which for me mean I'm fucked lol. Believe me I'm dreading going balled. I'm a handsome devil with luscious head of dark brown hair, but I can see some pretty substantial thinning at the top that was just pointed out to me the other day by my girlfriend. Neither of us want me to be bald but the way I see it....it was gonna happen eventually...the AAS just speeds it up. Just fill in what you can with a sharpie for now.

It means prone to male pattern baldness. You know, receding hairline along with the top, back part of your head going bald. Sure, everyone loses some hair over their life time but being prone to MPB mean you lose it on certain places at a certain progression.

Other men may just have thinning hair over their entire head etc.

I hope what you say is true because there is zero hair loss on my mothers side but my father is side is full of George Constanzas

It's actually one of the reasons i never did a cycle or even go on TRT even though i could benefit from it I'm just to vain and enjoy my hair a lot but I'm very close to starting TRT, i actually got all of it just waiting to dive in and hope it keeps my hair from falling out; as of right now I'm 32 and have no signs of MPB but my hair is very naturally thin

Last edited:
I hope what you say is true because there is zero hair loss on my mothers side but my father is side is full of George Constanzas

It's actually one of the reasons i never did a cycle or even go on TRT even though i could benefit from it I'm just to vain and enjoy my hair a lot but I'm very close to starting TRT, i actually got all of it just waiting to dive in and hope it keeps my hair from falling out; as of right now I'm 32 and have no signs of MPB but my hair is very naturally thin

Actually, they have found that either side can contribute to MPB, but the maternal side is where the dominant genes come from in general. If both sides have a recessive gene, you could end up with MPB regardless of what your parents heads look like.

Most of us will recede over time. This is totally normal, and often just creeps up the forehead a bit. Looking like a monk straight out of the monastery however, that is up to mommy nature and doesn't happen to us all.

If it makes you guys that have the gene in your family, perhaps take some solace in knowing my mother's father AND my father's father are bald as a baby's bottom, yet even after the better part of a decade on AAS as well as being 40 - I could have a full head of hair. I just don't like hair, as mine's curly and ain't got no time to play with hair.

Yeah its so weird how some genes are passed down...I'll be starting my TRT program this week, starting out at 150mg test Cyp a week. Even though genes can come from sides, i have heard you need to look at your mothers brother (if she has one) to get a good idea of your future hair

Last edited:
Yeah its so weird how some genes are passed down...I'll be starting my TRT program this week, starting out at 150mg test Cyp a week. Even though genes can come from sides, i have heard you need to look at your mothers brother (if she has one) to get a good idea of your future hair

Your maternal uncle/grandfather, yes - that's to get a sneak peek based on the dominant gene. I thought for sure I was going to go bald, and was okay with it; however my little brother had loooong hippy hair, and he has a fat bald spot on the back of his head lol.

Mother nature is a cruel bitch sometimes haha.

Not at all. My fiancee's grandfather lived to 97 with very long and thick hair. No receding. It's called androGENETIC alopecia for a reason.

Back