How does oil metabolize??

This isn't the usual sort of Here's-the-cycle-I'm-planning-please-critique-and-call-me-stupid sort of question.....

How does a 1cc glob of oil in your glute get metabolized? How does the useful compound we're interested in end up being liberated from oil so it can get busy binding to receptors. It obviously doesn't go through the digestion process.

This occurs by enzymes breaking down the ester that is attached to the steroid. This occurs primarily in the liver and some in the bloodstream of
Your body. The body breaks off the Esther and that is how it reaches throughout the body.

That's my take others can add on

I cannot explain it because I don't have a degree in chemistry, but you want to read about esterification and cleavage.

The hormone gets absorbed into the blood stream as the ester breaks down.

As for the oil, that just gets absorbed into the body as well but I don't know that mechanism.

I'm not 100% sure but the oil gets emulsified(unsure this process in the muscle tissue) so it can get absorbed into the blood stream. As it passes through the hepatic portal vein, bile acids will help further break it down so lipase can metabolize the oil in fatty acids and mono acyl glycerol

pure guessing here.
oil is being absorbed in the fatty tissue. some adipose enzymes break it down and then the testosteone gets absorbed into blood stream?
or since cholesterol can be carried in the blood stream, the oil can be absorbed into blood directly?

OK ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..in ez to understand redneck with a Masters Degree please as that sounded like a bunch of really cool words and a very abrupt ending that is, in my eyes screaming for a question mark.

LOL

OP..this is a good question; and though Mega s a lot more knowledgeable than I and obviously xflip is too...I know how it "works" but to put into either laymans terms or the correct chemical bio mechanical....

Xflip-no disrespect bro...really ! It is f n hard to actually say....correctly.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like some pretty good stabs at an answer. I just thought it might have been a commonly known process here on 'ology.

BTW nice avatar pic Teutonic.... Age 51, it gives me hope. :)

Even though a cell is very very small.. It's very very complex.. In each cell is basically like a small city, and inside each of these little cities there lives a metabolizer ferry.. These ferries job is to metabolize the oil.. That's their soul purpose in life. It's really quite simple.

Back