How important is it to donate blood regularly when cycling?

jozifp103

With the knowledge we have now, we are able to be more proactive with our health. Now back in the day, people didn't know to donate blood regularly when cycling.....and we know the pro's were running big doses. Now why is it that they had no issues while nowadays people go nuts about donating blood. Using terms like "yogurt blood" "stroke" "blood clot" and "aneurysm".

How important is it really? I mean I understand it's good to relieve some pressure and get your RBC down....but let's be real here, it's not just gonna keep climbing and climbing until your blood turns to mud. It's gonna hit a level that some consider "dangerous" which is really just "borderline" and it's gonna cap off there and slowly drop back down post cycle. Am I wrong here? My HCT has never gone above 52 and I blast and cruise. I used to donate every 8-12 weeks religiously but I haven't in over a year and my BP RBC and HCT are nowhere near dangerous.

So if the old schoolers did it with no issues, then how important is it really?

I have never done it. I haven't had any issues. I have considered it though. In my mind I picture that I am losing hormones and now I have to replace them lol

Scientifically speaking, in regards to TRT its never happened. What I mean is there is no evidence that a stroke or heart attack has been induced by high HCT due to TRT. There is no literature on this concerning steroid cycles though.

At the same time 55 is getting high, if it gets there I would donate. I would never donate regularly though just because...... if you do that you will eventually develop an iron deficiency.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Deca s my issue with hemos and while 52 is NOT life threatening I do whatever I can to assist my heart being a borderline high bp patient w o med s as I m a no med guy.
I do give blood ( at my gp s ) or bleed myself 2 or 3 time s a year still though .
Back when I ran bigger doses and did not KNOW , I remember being winded or sluggish feeling but those were BIG numbered cycle s TOO .
Also I m a huge fan of changing my turbo Audi s oil Castrol 10/30 as I push that 12 yr old HARD. And as I am a 53 year old Turbo German male new blood being made can t be bad either. I avoid the Plasma Centers as I begin to itch sitting in there with those crustaceans.

Deca s my issue with hemos and while 52 is NOT life threatening I do whatever I can to assist my heart being a borderline high bp patient w o med s as I m a no med guy.
I do give blood ( at my gp s ) or bleed myself 2 or 3 time s a year still though .
Back when I ran bigger doses and did not KNOW , I remember being winded or sluggish feeling but those were BIG numbered cycle s TOO .
Also I m a huge fan of changing my turbo Audi s oil Castrol 10/30 as I push that 12 yr old HARD. And as I am a 53 year old Turbo German male new blood being made can t be bad either. I avoid the Plasma Centers as I begin to itch sitting in there with those crustaceans.

Thanks for letting us know you have a turbo Audi lol

Haha, we are much alike, and perfectly summed up.
My Audi eats a quart of oil, every other month, btw.

If it s a turbo it s cuz the engine oil s used to lube the turbo and instead of 10 pound s boost stock I m running 22.
The owner s manual, page 132 on my old lady states every 2-3 tank s or a serious an oil check and 1/2 to 1 liter (.9) quart will be reguired.

If I run triple digit s to (100 -135-155 ) say to B Ham 165 mile s away I need 1-1.25 liter s.

If not a turbo you need rings.

If it s a turbo it s cuz the engine oil s used to lube the turbo and instead of 10 pound s boost stock I m running 22.
The owner s manual, page 132 on my old lady states every 2-3 tank s or a serious an oil check and 1/2 to 1 liter (.9) quart will be reguired.

If I run triple digit s to (100 -135-155 ) say to B Ham 165 mile s away I need 1-1.25 liter s.

If not a turbo you need rings.

Damn, you're tuned to the gills with 22 psi.
Mine has an S/C, factory. Still under warranty, don't want to mess around with it just yet. I miss the days of adding a tune and the factory not being able to detect if you set it back to stock.

Scientifically speaking, in regards to TRT its never happened. What I mean is there is no evidence that a stroke or heart attack has been induced by high HCT due to TRT. There is no literature on this concerning steroid cycles though.

At the same time 55 is getting high, if it gets there I would donate. I would never donate regularly though just because...... if you do that you will eventually develop an iron deficiency.

Hope this helps.
I hear ya, but doesn't donating only lower numbers by a percent or two??

Damn, you're tuned to the gills with 22 psi.
Mine has an S/C, factory. Still under warranty, don't want to mess around with it just yet. I miss the days of adding a tune and the factory not being able to detect if you set it back to stock.

I ONLY use APR and yes I got the ko4 larger turbo appropriate software, k n cold air, down pipe cat back exhaust AND
Of course - Water meth injection at 10 pound s boost to lower the charge temp.

My old gti had 365 hp w a 25 hp nitrous shot.; but it burned to the ground . I sold it to some Air Force guy from Jersey who was so f n clueless. He did not mix the meth alcohol w water and when he hit nitrous shot ( it was manual too ) the engine grenaded

PM me before The Fuerher or Hess rip s on for talking car s....
I m out for week in Wash/NYC/Baltimore to work (fuck my gf ) see my kid for 36 hour s then work.
Home Tuesday

Last edited:
Please ^^^ I do not understand what numbers you are talking about. Can you explain what you talk of... :dunno:

Its just the percentage of Hematocrit. Range is from like 44% to 51%, to 54% on some labs I have seen. 48 is about perfect (but the increase here does give endurance, thats what EPO does increase blood cells), too low gives symptoms of anemia. Too high worries about stroke or heart attack, even though its never happened.

On TRT you will most likely hang around 52% or under if you are lucky. On cycle who knows what it could get to. The older you get the more prone you are.

55% is too high and if gets that high I HIGLY recommend you donate immediately and ease back on the androgens.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
There is some research showing raw grapefruit lowers HCT. I have never tried it know a few who have don't really remember the outcome it couldn't have been great but think it worked a little. Probably a better preventive measure.

Back