How long do you spend at the gym????

barrysanders

LIVING THE DREAM
I'm wanting to get some opinions from some bigger guys.

How long do you spend at the gym during your workouts? I know that each muscle group is a little different but on average whats the time spent????

Thanks!

On average? I'd say an hour and a half.

I try to limit my weight lifting to no more than an hour, though.

The rest of my workout is cardio.

1 hour. Max. unless I was training with a partner.

My workouts now are sometimes less than that now.

Remember, we don't grow in the gym. The gym should be like a fat girl. Hit it and quit it. :D

Guys who answered: I have read from a bunch of different interviews with the big time IFBB pros that they sometimes spend 3-4 hours at the gym-what is that all about??? I have the time so I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

Guys who answered: I have read from a bunch of different interviews with the big time IFBB pros that they sometimes spend 3-4 hours at the gym-what is that all about??? I have the time so I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something.

you're not. that shit sells magazines. thats it.

you're not. that shit sells magazines. thats it.

indeed.

the guy i train with the most, me and him just pound thru our workouts hard and fast, but sometimes i train with other buddies and such and often we'll spend 3 hours or so in the gym but that's just because we're chatting, helping each other out, etc. but somewhere in there is a good 45 minute block of just me going after the iron.

I just spent two and a half hours in the gym.

Workout was:

10x10 chest press

10x10 incline press, increments of 5lbs a set starting at 40lbs

10x10 dips

10x10 fly's, alternating cables, dumbbells and machine

and 400 reps of abs, but I sorta cheated and used an ab coaster today.

Feels good when you get done, but I threw up about 3 times :D And I had to stop and get some carbs about an hour in.

hardpr 5'10" 237lbs now 47 yrs young no more than an hour alone. 1.15mins with partner on chest days for spot. heavy in and out eat right and rest good. thats when you grow. isnt it??? during rest

Back