How many calories to burn on cardio days?

inshallah

Currently im 19yrs old, workin out since 2 months on this routine:

Monday: arms/chest
Tuesday: CARDIO!
Wednesday: abs
Thursday: CARDIO!
Friday: legs
Saturday: CARDIO!
Sunday: rest

Im 210pounds / 96kg / 15stones no idea of bodyfat but i have a lil pop belly lol ... (ffs) ... arms/legs/back etc is nicely toned.

ANYWAYS....

QUESTION NUMERO 1!!
How many calories should I burn (eat around 2000 a day).

QUESTION NUMERO 2!!
How many calories do you burn?

QUESTION NUMERO 3!!
Is there any difference between running/cycling/swimming ... is there ' a better way of loosing calories ' or is 500 calories sitting down cycling ... or full body running 500 calories a more efficient way to burn fatolaaaa?

cheers :afro:

First of all you should be eating a lot more than 2000 cals. Id say start with 3100-3300 and work your way down. Otherwise you will drastically lose muscle and strength. As soon as your body plateaus during your cut lower your cals by 100-250 for that week. Eventually you will get where you need to be. Remember, its always better to start out higher and get to a low calorie count rather than start low. Good luck, btw I'm Muslim also(looking at your username).

jynx said:
First of all you should be eating a lot more than 2000 cals. Id say start with 3100-3300 and work your way down. Otherwise you will drastically lose muscle and strength. As soon as your body plateaus during your cut lower your cals by 100-250 for that week. Eventually you will get where you need to be. Remember, its always better to start out higher and get to a low calorie count rather than start low. Good luck, btw I'm Muslim also(looking at your username).
hahaha asallamalekum bhai !! AHHH we're on a DOT COM .. (AMERICAN) website .. AHHHH allah will strike us down!! rofl :afro:

ty for ur advise .. i'll step up the calories but even so on a 3000calorie diet ..... how many to BURN!!! lol

:D

Popichulo said:
Question Numero UNO !!!! Do you have a BACK?
foo i got mo back than a jamacian bellydancer .. jokes lol
back hmm.... yup i got a decent back but nout special ... my shoulders are mad big tho like .... disproportionate.

give meee teh answ0r i reqiyahhh >_<

Muay Thai Guy said:
hey inshallah

i like ur username bro ;)

where abouts from the UK are u?
salamalekum bhai ,

I lived in south london all my life (19 years) but am currently moving to Eastbourne (East Sussex) on the coast, just overlooking the sea... its basically an old folk version of Brighton - very peaceful but for a young male in his sexual prime (19) can be very frustrating :D gyms are absolutely top class as old folk tend to be very considerate/clean up after themselfs and so on .... not abusing equipment and there harly any que's to wait for machines . Also not being a prime city centre its a huge gym lots of space unlike back in London where everything is very ... mm whats the word ... they like to utilize pretty much every inch they have.

You live near me?

Last edited:
I think buring anywhere around 300 cals is great...all the cardio machines are different in the way they count calories burned tho...do 30 min cardio with your target heart rate at 140 bpm...that'll burn about 300 cals...you'll be fine doin that

...and yea, by the way, you're gonna have to work your back and shoulders too...I noticed you left those out of your routine...it doesn't matter if they're "big" already...you can't just ignore muscle groups, you need your muscle strength to be proportionate

I burn around 300 per cardio workout

I don't think which type of cardio matters (bike, treadmill, eliptical)...as long as you switch every once in a while so your body doesn't adapt (and so it doesn't get so boring ;) )

Walaikum salaam :)

nope im not near u inshallah

Judging by the use of the term bhai you're from the subcontinent?
are u indian/pakistani/bengali?

Nope said:
I think buring anywhere around 300 cals is great...all the cardio machines are different in the way they count calories burned tho...do 30 min cardio with your target heart rate at 140 bpm...that'll burn about 300 cals...you'll be fine doin that

...and yea, by the way, you're gonna have to work your back and shoulders too...I noticed you left those out of your routine...it doesn't matter if they're "big" already...you can't just ignore muscle groups, you need your muscle strength to be proportionate

I burn around 300 per cardio workout

I don't think which type of cardio matters (bike, treadmill, eliptical)...as long as you switch every once in a while so your body doesn't adapt (and so it doesn't get so boring ;) )
groooovy

Im doin 500 cal per 'cardio session' do I carry a risk of overtraining? I feel I could push for 800 but wld that either burn muscle/ just not a good idea/ or will burn more fat? my belly ... ffs ... summin I wanna get rid of asap lol

ps cheers on last comment was somethin I was wondering aboooooot, so far im on the cycle machine as i feel its easier and *whispers* gives me a first class seat to watch the female aerobics class thingi :D lol

Muay Thai Guy said:
Walaikum salaam :)

nope im not near u inshallah

Judging by the use of the term bhai you're from the subcontinent?
are u indian/pakistani/bengali?
tbh father is from karachi, mum is from ....... GERMANY :eek:

Ive been to pakistan only twice in my life and cant speak urdu I just know basics .... im so lazy >_< Im fluent in german but cant write ... or type :rolleyes: feck all lol

Last edited:
Nope said:
oh aye
where would you recommend I squeeze them in to my general routine above? keep in mind each body part takes a healthy 4-5 days to recover lol.

ALSO ... could you recomend me some back/shoulder workouts as ive never done them before .... my shoulders are big since a while anyway as I do all cash & carry shopping for our family hotel .... takes a good hour to load/offload the farkin van does me back in lol but of course id like to do precise training on those parts too.

nice :)
I'm a gujji so i can't speak much urdu either?
Aab Kesey hay? Theek Thaak? hehehe

My parents have a friend in Bristol who is Pakistani, married to a german :) Must be a trend ;) haha sorry i couldnt resist

anyway hope that your training goes well for u bhai :)

Allah Kher
Khuda Hafiz

Back