how many protein shakes do you drink a day?

how many protein shakes do you drink a day aside from 6 meals?

Votes: 42 11.9%

Votes: 121 34.3%

Votes: 121 34.3%

Votes: 41 11.6%

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 18 5.1%

• Total voters
38+ for i believe an 8oz serving. Maybe its 10oz but its a good size peice =) pretty sure its 8oz

1 in the morning before class, another one PWO on lifting days, one in the afternoon if I'm home, and one before bed. Answer, 3-4 daily.

i take my shakes after each meal, since its nice having some sweets after a big meal. I'm always bulking by the way

i always use 3 scoops..
one shake post workout
one before bed
if i miss a meal or something ill have anothe shake
so min of 2/day

i heard from a friend whos' doctor said that protein shakes are bad for your liver. Maybe he was talking about the extent to which you consume them though. I've heard it from others too, is this true?
And what is the best tasting shakes in your opinion?

I do about six a day and go through 10 pounds in just under a month. I keep my food intake to the carbs and eat about 8 times a day on a good day. I also switch with tuna fish and chicken breast. Also the 8 times a day includes post workout. It is really hard to get 500 grams without alot of shakes, you would be really full allthe time, it would be like eating as a job.

Right now I drink 4 protein shakes a day made with whole milk, and I eat as if it was my job, I am constantly eating. When I am cutting, I cut out the shakes, and the sheer volume of food. Protein shakes are great for bulking.

How about adding a little twist to this question.................now we know how many protein shakes we all drink a day, but how many g's of protein do you get each day from your shakes? You can drink 6 shakes a day and only get 138g of protein if you only use 1svg./shake. I drink 3/day, and get 161g protein from them (not including the protein in the milk). 3svgs. in the post w/o shake, and 2svgs. in each of the other 2 shakes (one mid-day, and one before bed). So how many g's do you get from shakes?

Semper Fi

i eat 3 times a day with consumption of 3 protein shakes each day after each meal. I'd say each meal consist of 70-90 grams of protein for me including shakes :eyes:

How many mgs of protein can your body prosess per serving?

Say i was to put two scoops of protein @50mgs per scoop= 100mgs into one drink, would my body be able to use it all or would some of it be disgaurded by my body?

Thanks

I drink about 4 -5 a day sometimes with whlole milk and sometimes w\jsut water, and on top of that i eat 6 times a day, I am an ecto and need to eat all the damn time, but i love it.

All this talking about food is getting me hungry, off to eat again.

_mister

a73formula said:
I do about six a day and go through 10 pounds in just under a month. I keep my food intake to the carbs and eat about 8 times a day on a good day. I also switch with tuna fish and chicken breast. Also the 8 times a day includes post workout. It is really hard to get 500 grams without alot of shakes, you would be really full allthe time, it would be like eating as a job.

TwinTowers said:
How many mgs of protein can your body prosess per serving?

Say i was to put two scoops of protein @50mgs per scoop= 100mgs into one drink, would my body be able to use it all or would some of it be disgaurded by my body?

Thanks

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks

TwinTowers said:
Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks
It depends on way to many factors. Insulin levels/BGL (they go hadn in hand unless you're a diabetic). What food you've eaten, how long ago, how much fiber was in it, fat/carb/pro ratio...the amount of enzymes in your body compared to some1 elses...time of day. SO many factors. I never heard of anyone complaining that they use too much protein. I aim for a total protein intake per day, and try to split it up evenly between my meals.

Back