How much time away from the gym

How much time have you spent away from the gym?

• never more than a few days

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • 1 to 2 weeks

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • month or longer

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • i've stayed away up to 6 months

Votes: 12 20.7%

• Total voters
Jimmykick said:
Don't hate. This is an honest open thread to discuss how and for what reasons we get away from going to the gym. I'm curious to know how many have not gone due to "lost motivation".

I'm on cycle and feel completely unmotivated. Why I have no idea

are you depressed at all?

Never miss no matter if sick or injured i still do something. If i didnt i would feel like total shit and my conscience would kick my ass

carolinacrackah said:
are you depressed at all?

I honestly don't think so because I am on Prozac to prevent it. I am prone to depression but I can honestly say that I am not depressed. Just not motivated at this time. I am in mid cycle and my workouts have become dull and boring. Last week I did not work out at all. Not once. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Usually on test I feel ready to do anything and full of energy. It's weird. The only thing I can think of ios that I have been under heavy stress. Hoping I can come out of it.

I am the same way. I work out 5 days a week usually 2-3 hours a day and the fifth day I dont really consider working out becuase its cardio day. But my cardio is getting shorter and shorter and my 2-3 hours its turning to 1 1/2 - 2 wich really sucks because I am on week 7 of 20 and the super test just started kicking in and there have been some great gains.

15 hours a week of training??? You can't possibly keep that pace going can you?
How is your body able to recover? You can't be lifting for 3 solid hours.

2 months. I was told by some npc competitors that chad nichols along with some other trainers and nutritionists have their client bodybuilders including ronnie coleman takes a 2 month break completely off from lifting weights. Nutrition wise im sure they stay on some kind of halfway descent diet. I did this and this winter i am stronger than i ever have been. This gives your body a complete rest and then you workout again after that break and it shocks your muscles into new growth. For all of you who never take breaks. Do it, it only helps you. im not saying take 2 months off, but a week every 3 or 4 months is good.

ive been gone for about a week and a half now because i had to cut 10lbs in a week to wrestle so i felt like shit and then now i'm on break and just lazy. I will be lifting tomorrow probably and just try to tone up for the remainer of the season , then bulking time again.

superman15 said:
2 months. I was told by some npc competitors that chad nichols along with some other trainers and nutritionists have their client bodybuilders including ronnie coleman takes a 2 month break completely off from lifting weights. Nutrition wise im sure they stay on some kind of halfway descent diet. I did this and this winter i am stronger than i ever have been. This gives your body a complete rest and then you workout again after that break and it shocks your muscles into new growth. For all of you who never take breaks. Do it, it only helps you. im not saying take 2 months off, but a week every 3 or 4 months is good.

But Coleman stays on all year long too

Jimmykick said:
I honestly don't think so because I am on Prozac to prevent it. I am prone to depression but I can honestly say that I am not depressed. Just not motivated at this time. I am in mid cycle and my workouts have become dull and boring. Last week I did not work out at all. Not once. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Usually on test I feel ready to do anything and full of energy. It's weird. The only thing I can think of ios that I have been under heavy stress. Hoping I can come out of it.

I find if I watch certain films or Mr O's I'm almost pumping out pushups in my front room..I get excited easily with the gym and it's a great place to escape too...the gym is my best friend :D

thanks
and in case anyone was thinking this...it is not bunk gear
sex drive is crazy right now and I get mine from a pharmacy

I did work out hard yesterday and I felt pretty good. Started using an MP3 player and that really seemed to motivate. I've never worked out to music before

ive been out almost a year now i hurt my shoulder backin in september of 05 then started a new job in Nov of 05 just been so busy this last year....things are getting back on track and i will be back in the gym after new years...... ive lost probably 15lbs of good muscle and goten a "pudge" not fat but i can tell i will be weak as hell going back in

I tried to get back into the gym a few weeks ago. I was able to stay steady for a week and then wam! lost my job and had to relocate--AGAIN. 2006 has been the shittiest year EVER. Peace out '06.

I just got back into the gym today and I must say, my lift is awful. I used to curl 60 lbs dumbells seated, now I'm barely doing 50s. My entire lift sucks. I've bought a bunch of suppliments that I wanted to try and or like (Lipoderm Ultra, Blow Out, Capsaicin HP, Thermarexin, PureCEE, protein powder, etc) to keep me motivated and I'm collecting all of the supplies needed for my next cycle... so far i've got a bottle 10ml sustanon 250, 10ml 150mg/ml Tren Ace, some left over deca, and letrozole. I'm thinking of starting in mid february. Hopefully by then, I will have regained the pounds and strength I've lost, if not I might have to push my cycle back.

Back