How to lower ast,alt and cholesterol levels

Jesussavesbro

Hi just went for my annual physical, my ast level was 44 and alt was 77, hdl level was 34 which is low and ldl was 182, so I am on 1ml of test cyp and 1ml of eq dosed half each twice a week, doctor wants to put me on lipitor for cholesterol but says he cannot until my liver enzymes come down, I do take tudca or liver support, can anyone please help on what else to do. I currently am 195lbs, 5'10 and 48 years old. I workout 6 days a week with no cardio. Doctor also told me to think about a plant based diet which I do not want to do.

plant based diet lol....

are you taking an ai? arimidex?

the easiest way to reduce your liver values is 600mg nac twice a day.. given that youre not taking any over the counter or Rx medication thats hard on the liver..

are you a drinker? alcohol? did you drink alcohol anywhere close to when you gave blood? tynenol? advil? herb supplements?

your lipids will get better with proper nutrition.. what are your current stats?

Hi thanks for the quick response, is tudca better than nac? I think the cycle support I have does have the nac in it, I will check on that, yes I do get alot of tension headaches so prob took tylenol before hand. and yes I am on aromasin 12.5 eod. I guess my quesiton is more on the cholesterol, does test and any kind of injectables hurt the lipid function?

As far as your cholesterol goes...statins. 80% of the cholesterol in your body is produced by itself, only leaving 20% to be ingested. If you have a family history of elevated cholesterol then I’d say you can eat grass until you die and it won’t lower more than 10 points. Now, if you don’t have a family history than that’s a different story. That’s just my opinion...also the opinion of a cardiologist’s assistant (family member)

Statins are completely useless at lowering incidence of heart disease in otherwise healthy people, and they can lead to all kinds of problems and dementia. You should avoid them like the plague.

If your liver enzymes are still elevated after six months, your doctor may do more blood tests or an ultrasound. He or she also might want you to see another doctor who specializes in the digestive system. This doctor will check for other causes and may also do a liver biopsy

Back