How to prevent and treat permanent SHUT DOWN!

Realgains

Community Veteran, Longtime Vet
Okay bro's you CAN get permanently hypogonadal post cycle, with a low T level, even after good post cycle therapy (pct). It doesn't happen to a lot of bros but it does happen and especially after being "on" a long time.

SO>>>>>lmit your time "on" to 12 weeks and then take 12 weeks off at least....after all you aren't making a living as a bobybuilder.

ALSO.>>>take HCG during your cycles to PREVENT testicular shrikage. This makes more sence than trying to grow them back to normal size after the cycle is over with HCG. See my post "How to keep gains from steroids" in the "Articles" section on this board.

ALSO>>>>>for goodness sake DO NOT try bridging as it DOES NOT WORK PEROID!!! Sure you will keep more gains post cycle with a mild bridge, like a once a day low dose oral, but you sure the heck are not going to fully recover HPTA function when you are taking any amount of exogenous androgen.

For you guys that are hypogonadal long after stopping post cycle therapy (pct) there is HOPE for recovery still.....don't jump onto the HRT bandwagan yet.

I for one will eventually do HRT but not until I am in my 60's I hope.

As for now my T level remains as it was when I was 21...550ng/dl. WHY....luck and gentics but also I have never done a cycle longer than 12 weeks and I always practised time on=time off. I also have used my fair share of HCG during cycles.

TRY THIS FIRST>> a heavy SERM cycle(again).......Clomid at 200mg on day one and nolva at 40...then do clomid at 100 and nolva at 20 for a week...then do clomid at 50 and nolva at 20 for three more week....then wait a week and get your T level checked again.

The SERMS Clomid and nolva will block estrogen at the hypothalamus ...which is suppressive in itself.....then hopefully more GnRH will be released from the hypothalamus to stimulate more LH release from the pituitary which in turn will tell your testes to start growing and putting out more T.

If that doesn't work then do the treatment below....start with #1 and then if that doesn't work try #2.

Inject the HCG sub Q into the lower belly fat.

Can T levels be restored in former anabolic steroid users?

The Study: Two hypogonadal former anabolic steroid users were studied. Normal levels of LH are >3.6 IU/L and Testosterone are 300—1000 ng/dl. Former anabolic steroid users often have suppressed levels of both.

The Results: Subject #1 is a 6', 206lb former user of 500—2000+ grams per week of anabolics. His baseline numbers were: LH<1IU/L, Test=191ng/dl. This suject underwent a 32 day treatment of 2500 IU of HCG every 4 days, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex per day. 15 days after treatment his numbers were: LH=5.2IU/L, Test=1072 ng/dl.

Subject #2 is a 5'10", 184lb male who used 400 mg per week of nandrolone. His baseline numbers were: LH<1IU/L, Test=45ng/dl. This subject's 32 day treatment consisted of 2500 IU of HCG every 4 days, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex per day. There was no change. He underwent another treatment consisting of 60 days of 5000 IU of HCG every 4 days for 4 injections, then 2500 IU every 4 days for 4 injections, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex per day. Still, no change. For the next 32 days, this subject received 5000 IU of HCG every other day for 6 injections, then 2500 IU every other day for 6 injections given with 150 IU of menotropins, 50 mg of clomid 2 times per day, and 10 mg nolvadex 2 times per day. 15 days after treatment his numbers were: LH=9.8IU/L, Test=507 ng/dl.(20)

Comments: The authors of this paper have presented some very interesting data that the medical community needs to learn from. When dealing with former androgen users, there may be better ways to increase Testosterone than the standard patch treatment (which will only prolong the problem of decreased T production.) Hypogonadal former androgen users need a treatment, not a band-aid. If you need to jump start your Testosterone after an androgen cycle, this combination of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), Clomid, and Nolvadex may be just what the doctor ordered. Now, trying to get him to order it is another story.

If this doesn't work then contact Swale.
www.allthingsmale.com

RG

:)

Last edited:
Hells said:
sweet post bro, so is deca harder to recover from or could this just be individual?

Deca was not always seen as some evil roid that took forever to recover from.
Sure you might loose your sex drive and not be able to get it up or keep it up because deca, like any roid, will shut you down. Trouble is deca is such a mild androgen it sometime doesn't provide enough androgen for sex drive. This almost never happens at doses of 400mg/week though. If sex drive does drop with deca then as little as 100mg/week of test or 25mg/day of proviron will cure that.

As far as recovery is concerned I think this hard recovery rap is a bad rap.

Recovery is very individual some guys recover well some don't and this happens on any roid.

If you are concerned about possible prolonged recovery from deca than run hcg at 500iu's every 3-4 days while on cycle...this will keep your nuts up to size so they can repond well to LH post cycle.

RG

Last edited:
Realgains said:
Deca was not always seen as some evil roid that took forever to recover from.
Sure you might loose your sex drive and not be able to get it up or keep it up because deca, like any roid, will shut you down. Trouble is deca is such a mild androgen it sometime doesn't provide enough androgen for sex drive. This almost never happens at doses of 400mg/week though. If sex drive does drop with deca then as little as 100mg/week of test or 25mg/day of proviron will cure that.

As far as recovery is concerned I think this hard recovery rap is a bad rap.

Recovery is very individual some guys recover well some don't and this happens on any roid.

If you are concerned about possible prolonged recovery from deca than run hcg at 500iu's every 3-4 days while on cycle...this will keep your nuts up to size so they can repond well to LH post cycle.

RG

it may be the exception and not the rule but there are those who lose libido severly on deca even while running a healthy dose of test . without blood work theres no way to tell for sure what estrogen,progesterone,test,etc. levels were but i know for a fact that this can happen .

btw the post at the top of the thread/page was damn good :)

DADAWG said:
it may be the exception and not the rule but there are those who lose libido severly on deca even while running a healthy dose of test . without blood work theres no way to tell for sure what estrogen,progesterone,test,etc. levels were but i know for a fact that this can happen .

btw the post at the top of the thread/page was damn good :)

Yes blood work is important here.
You know a lot of bro's won't get blood work done because they don't want to ask their doctor.....but there are labs that you can go to in every decent sized city that do not require a doc's script. Total Testosterone costs about $40.

RG

what do you guys think about running the test like 4 weeks after the deca. to make sure it fully clears. i know it hasnt been proven to work but it cant hurt. do you think would help/

big N said:
RG isnt hcg run bit self after cycle supressive in its self though ??

Yes it is supressive, but it makes the first step in HPTA recovery (reversal of gonadal atrophy) occur at a much faster rate than just a SERM by itself. So in the long run it doesn't matter if it suppresses you bc it makes overall recovery occur much more faster and complete.

big N said:
RG isnt hcg run bit self after cycle supressive in its self though ??

Yes and thats one reason why I recommend that you run it during a cycle....but you can run it at the end of a cycle and before running a SERM like clomid or nolva while waiting for the steroids to clear.

RG :)

This is some great info. Does anyone know of any good clinics in the seattle,wa area or how I can look them up to get the tests done before, durring, and after my next cycle.

Thanks

Realgains said:
Yes blood work is important here.
You know a lot of bro's won't get blood work done because they don't want to ask their doctor.....but there are labs that you can go to in every decent sized city that do not require a doc's script. Total Testosterone costs about $40.

RG

Anyone know how/where I can contact some of these labs? My Dr. is MIA so I'm stuck like chuck.

Back