How's my Routine?

intrinsic1

Livin' the dream....
Hey guys, would like some feedback on this split schedule that I came up with. I'm not a pro and not gonna compete. Just trying to get swole as a mutha! I would like to keep chest and arms on seperate days so I can blast the shit outta them.

My cycle Test cyp 600 /deca 450 (bulking)
My stats 38 y/o, 6'0, 194lbs, 13ish%bf (started 8 weeks ago @ 175lbs 10%)
Trying to eat 4000cals a day

Day 1
Chest
-------
Incline bench
Decline bench
Flat bench
Db incline flys
Chest press (Icarian machine)
Abs

Day2
Arms
-----
Preacher curls
Bb curls
Db crossover curls
Close grip bench press
Tri push downs
abs

Day3
Shoulders + Back
---------
Laterial pull down
Isolaterial Deltiod lifts (in the Icarian machine) -recovering from delt injury
French press (frontal)
Bb bent rows
Weighted row pulls
abs

Day 4
light cardio (im bulking)
abs

Day 5
Squats
legs
abs

Day 6
REST

Day 7
light cardio
abs

Onswoll said:
Workouts should never be predetermined
Not sure what your'e saying, please enlighten me. Are you saying that the individual exercises should not be layed out? If so why? Am I missing something major here?

yea i like the chest/tri...back/bi...leg/sho...split my self and try the 5x5 its a good one. remember don't over train

Dude, Your Workout Looks Fine As Long As It Is Not The Only Workout You Have Ever Done. I Would Cut Out That Light Cardio Bs And Give A Rest Day Before Legs. If You're Like 90% Of The Guys I See At The Gym, You Do Not Do Legs On A Regular Basis. Squats And Deads Are Sacred To Me Because They Use All Of The Body. Take A Day Off Before And After. I Do Cardio Once A Week For About Twenty Minutes When I Am Trying To Bulk.

Maybe less exercises higher intensity. As an example: I would never do 4 or more exercises for chest. Forget the flys, and stick with big compound basic exercises.

Are yu bulking? And by the way, I hate Deca....so let me know...i am your age and am doing a bulk cycle and power training...

E

eastarr69 said:
Are yu bulking? And by the way, I hate Deca....so let me know...i am your age and am doing a bulk cycle and power training...

E
Yeah a major bulking cycle for me.This is my 1st time with deca and lucky for me it's smooth as silk. (I'm running British Dragon decabol & test cyp.) I will say this, I know my recovery is really fast and I have been dealing with a delt injury for the past year. I am very aware not to overdue it, but man, I don't even feel it anymore. I was a real clean eater, under 50 carbs a day and no sugars. I would take in about 2k cals on the average. This keep me at a 9-11 B/f % year round. Now I'm sick of stuffing my face to get 3-4k cals a day but I'm growing the only problem is so is my gut is too!. I can't wait to shred down this body fat to expose all this new muscle.

I'm running the deca for 16 weeks and the test for 19. Then a nice post cycle therapy (pct) to get back on track.

Good luck bro.

Back