Hypocrites In Law Enforcement

WannaBe

Mini B
I am tired of the law telling us that juice is a no-no, then sticking themselves in the ass with confiscated (more than likely) stuff. I took a friend of mine to see her Prob Officer in Lauderdale. Sitting in the lobby were three undercovers bigger than creatine and glutamine and 1-AD could ever create (unless they were using a turkey baster to administer it). What a bunch of crap. Talk about probable cause. Why don't they get popped? You don't get as HUGE as these cops were without stickin your ass. I guess what is good for the goose is not good for the ganders making the laws and arrests. The DEA needs to go after real killers: tobacco products, alcohol (except beer for the Superbowl), etc. Am I blind or is the whole regulation back-asswards? Let's look at what the government has allowed us to do.
ALCOHOL: Globally 100 million deaths. Drunk driving deaths, alcohol-induced murder, rape, domestic violence, suicide...BUT let's keep it LEGAL because the FDA says it's SAFE. ....YUP...
CIGARETTES: Globally, 1 billion deaths...Hmmm...If the FDA wants to protect us from things that are harmful, and allow us to do things that are not then why the aforementioned deaths by allowable and safe products?
PRESCRIPTION DRUGS: 8,000 American Deaths since 2001. STEROIDS: If taken SANELY, the only fatalities from steroids would have to be dropping a dumbbell on your face while doing pullovers...and if you do, be careful in the emergency room with all those drug deaths and malpractice.....I gotta do shoulders now...LATER

you know what, I understand that people don't like being busted by cops but you are angry at the wrong group. That is like getting angry at the gun that kills you instead of the person that pulled the trigger. cops are a tool to enforce laws. they have no choice. legislators and executives make up the laws. cops enforce them. do some cops juice? of course and they should not be preaching not to use drugs to kids. If people directed their anger at the right groups maybe things would change some day. don't damn the tool. damn the legislator. vote libertarian if it bothers you that much.

stonecold54

stonecold54 said:
you know what, I understand that people don't like being busted by cops but you are angry at the wrong group. That is like getting angry at the gun that kills you instead of the person that pulled the trigger. cops are a tool to enforce laws. they have no choice. legislators and executives make up the laws. cops enforce them. do some cops juice? of course and they should not be preaching not to use drugs to kids. If people directed their anger at the right groups maybe things would change some day. don't damn the tool. damn the legislator. vote libertarian if it bothers you that much.

stonecold54

Thank you.

stonecold54 said:

stonecold54

Very intelligent response.

sorry to disagree with you boys, but do you not feel that those enforcing the laws should also abide by them? i do...

I respect your statement SC, but it is not the Legislators out there on the streets enforcing the laws. They pass the laws but it is up to the enforcers to do their job. Honestly, I am not criticizing them for doing their job, but when there are cops trying to bust people for something they themselves are doing that's when I have a problem with the situation.

doggy said:
sorry to disagree with you boys, but do you not feel that those enforcing the laws should also abide by them? i do...

I don't and here's a quote from the article I linked to, that might help explain why I don't think cops have to necessarily abide by the laws dictated upon us by our government.

Officer Mongo:"First off, those people who would criticize us usually don't have to worry about fighting a 300-pound gang member "dusted up" on PCP. I do. I mean, nowadays it seems that society wants its police officers to be "social workers with a badge," but on the street where your life is on the line, it's a whole new story.

Violent criminals will sue you if you hit them with your baton; they sue if you spray them with pepper spray; they sue you if you taser them, and often times they win or the department settles, making the officer look bad. What other choices do we have but to be physically prepared to fight and fight hard! We have families, we have children, and by God I'm going home to them every night, even if I have to crush you to do it!"

Im with LL, sorry stonecold, but i dont buy that excerpt as an excuse... what other laws are they allowed to break? i see your point, but i think that cops should follow the same laws that the rest of us are penalized for breaking if we get caught... is murder ok for cops? of course im going to the extreme on that, but im just making a point... cops should not be hypocrites...

btw, this is an excellent debate topic...

Yes....it is an excellent debatable topic.

One last point.......If it wasn't for the Customs & Postal Inspectors, would the cops really give a shit about this in the first place. It might just end up like possession of pot where nobody really gives a shit anymore.

agreed, it is a stupid law that shouldnt exist, and much more leniant in canada... i feel sorry for the US bro's... i do however believe that cops should abide by the law...
btw, there are people from all walks of life who like to be big, including customs inspectors ;)

doggy said:

Everyone should abide by them. not just law enforcement.

I honestly dont understand why there are in laws against Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in the first place. Look around the board..look how educated we all are on the subject..we all do this at our own risk, nobody here that I know of is harming anyone else with individual steroid use...I serisouly think I'm going to write a letter to my government rep...

D_H

Disposable_Hero said:
I honestly dont understand why there are in laws against Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in the first place. Look around the board..look how educated we all are on the subject..we all do this at our own risk, nobody here that I know of is harming anyone else with individual steroid use...I serisouly think I'm going to write a letter to my government rep...

D_H

The people on this board are smart about their use (for the most part). I have had many questions answered for me and I have learned a tonne from reading hundreds of posts. You have to remember that not all people will educated them elves like we have chose to do. Steroids can be very harmful if you don't know how to do them. If they were to legalize steroids, there will be way too many drugs out there in the wrong hands.

The law isn't meant to keep steroids out the the smart users hands. The law is made to keep them out of the hands of the dumb.

Heyyo said:
Sorry to all the Canadian bros, but watch out...soon there will be busts all across the country. It has already started.

What kind of busts are these? They they hitting guys for personal use or possible sources? This doesn't sound good!

Thats true, and a very good point...I dont beleive the government should be making choices like that for us though..if someone wants to do something stupid like inject 10g of test, then he should have the right to do so...I hate the idea of the government acting as our big brother telling us what we can or cant do, espicailly when its something that only effects ourselves

D_H

Heyyo said:
Sorry to all the Canadian bros, but watch out...soon there will be busts all across the country. It has already started.

THAT'S JUST FUCKIN' GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Heyyo thanks for the headsup Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back