I am TYPE 1 DIABETIC...Can anyone help?

markcollins

Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone here has any advise whether or not to do steroids or stay away? I have no idea if my blood levels with sky rocket or drop... I do blood checks many times a day to keep in check but I am a little nervous. Can some one please help.

Thanks a bunch '

Carbohydrates are the main energy source in the diet, and include starches, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and sugars. Most meats and fats do not contain any carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates have a direct impact on the blood sugar level whereas proteins and fat have little to no impact. Eating a consistent amount of carbohydrates at each meal can help to control blood sugar levels, especially if you take long-acting insulin.
Type 1 diabetes must be treated with insulin; if you have type 2 diabetes, you may not need to take insulin. This involves injecting insulin under the skin for it to work. Insulin cannot be taken as a pill because the digestive juices in the stomach would destroy the insulin before it could work.

Both my parents are diabetic, and I am on edge and have been there since I was 30.

doing large amounts of drugs will make you worse, but checking to see where your testosterone levels are might be a good idea.

You would need to have a real, legit doctor on board, and realize that other peoples' mistakes may grow man boobs, your mistakes can kill you.

What they don't tell you about the relationship between insulin and testosterone:

correct levels of test will increase insulin sensitivity, so for me, I had low test and was starting to get wacky blood sugar readings. going on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) lowered my blood glucose to normal looking levels.

I started taking 400mg a week test cyp, and 3 months after this, my glucose started to act funny and my blood pressure was getting high.

On the flip side, you are already testing like crazy, and having to really watch what you eat, so adding a little test might make things better.

One thing I should have done was have clomid ready, so I could go off test if I had troubles.

I am on clomid right now for fertility, along with starting glucophage... my BG is still under control with diet and working out, but this is a strategy, just like all this stuff is.

I am off testosterone, but I look forward to the day I get to have another cycle, and this time take more advantage of it.

Back