I injected air - is this serious

(I'm actually not too worried about this being serious, I just needed a longer Subject line so this would post.)

I was in a hurry tonight and wasn't really paying attn.

I pulled about 3/4 of a CC into my syringe.

I pulled the plunger way down and replaced the needle. (I draw with a 20 gauge, then inject with a fresh 25 gauge.)

There was still lots of air in the syringe. Normally I'd expunge the air at this point. But I was distracted and didn't.

I jammed the needle in and started injecting.

I noticed it was going in "too easy". (With a 25 gauge needle I'm used to it going super slow even if I push hard.)

So I stopped and pulled the needle out. I figure I put a quarter CC of air in my muscle.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this. Should I expect gangrene? :^)

I'll be happy to report back with the consequences in a few days if I survive lol. For the benefit of anyone searching for this topic in the future.

Just wondering if this is common, being a retard like me!

It is not harmful to inject an air bubble under the skin. and the fact that your still alive and wrote this thread means it did not hit a vain.

(I'm actually not too worried about this being serious, I just needed a longer Subject line so this would post.)

I pulled the plunger way down and replaced the needle. (I draw with a 20 gauge, then inject with a fresh 25 gauge.)

There was still lots of air in the syringe. Normally I'd expunge the air at this point. But I was distracted and didn't.

I noticed it was going in "too easy". (With a 25 gauge needle I'm used to it going super slow even if I push hard.)

So I stopped and pulled the needle out. I figure I put a quarter CC of air in my muscle.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this. Should I expect gangrene? :^)

I'll be happy to report back with the consequences in a few days if I survive lol. For the benefit of anyone searching for this topic in the future.

gangrene might happen but you should be fine.

when air is introduced into a muscle nothing damaging happens.

Happens all the time....even sometimes when people are very careful. Shouldn't be any noticeable issues at all. As previously stated, if there was a problem you wouldn't have been able to post. Take care bro

Back