I need a .380 pistol options

I'm def in team Glock. I've got a 45. cal Glock 30. Its a compact frame, way too sexy for its own good. The thing literally makes you hate other pistols, shit just dials in perfect everytime. 25' 50' etc.......

But, I carry concealed and had to have something that didn't pull down my pants while I walk. So, because I wanted something "point and shoot" so to speak, I went with a revolver. Now b/c I was going with a small carry revolver, had to go with S&W. Now I needed something extremely light and concealable. So I went with a .38 +p S&W 642 Airwieght. Its an extremely lightwieght J-Frame, with an included hammer (so no clothes snag) 5 shot hollowtips. No safety, well the trigger pull is a safety. It has an insanely thick trigger pull. I couldnt see anything making the gun go off. Its light, packs a punch, reliable, and point and shoot. No jams ever. The round malfunctions?, simply pull trigger again. Can't beat it.

"why do amaricans "NEED" a gun in there boot or purse. most of the rest of the world is doing just fine with a fist, brick or knife."

Yea, well its nice to say that as someone who obv hasnt had a random act of violence directed towards them or their loved ones. I live in possibly one of the safest places in US, and was randomly attacked by 3 black guys for sport in the "SAFEST" spot downtown.

Your little strategy of this and that goes out the window when they have a weapon or theres 2+ of them. Not to mention the adrenaline kick, that completely removes all planning or decent mental action. Unless you train under adrenaline inducing conditions itll never happen when the tunnel vision kicks in

"why do amaricans "NEED" a gun in there boot or purse. most of the rest of the world is doing just fine with a fist, brick or knife."

Yea, well its nice to say that as someone who obv hasnt had a random act of violence directed towards them or their loved ones. I live in possibly one of the safest places in US, and was randomly attacked by 3 black guys for sport in the "SAFEST" spot downtown.

Your little strategy of this and that goes out the window when they have a weapon or theres 2+ of them. Not to mention the adrenaline kick, that completely removes all planning or decent mental action. Unless you train under adrenaline inducing conditions itll never happen when the tunnel vision kicks in
I live in a big city (like NYC and only like 40min away from NYC by plane) and have had my share of fights and attacks.
fuk im a bouncer at a club in the city.
i have been robbed.
life goes on.
better then having a death on my mind.
if i got a gun it would be for the job that needs to be done, then id get ride of it. grow some ballz man lol.

if they got a weapon:
give them your wallet and walk away alive. (in most cases) :yesway:

U in canada bro?.. Wondering were the av pics from?..

Why i want a gun for her, is because she's tiny(petite) as hell moving to a big city/already had some trouble. Some of the sick fucks out there want more than your wallet! So this bitch will be ready to blow your head off. And that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Also, u ever had a gun stuck on u, when u didnt have one?.. Yea, that shits wack. I personally dont feel like i need to carry cc for me. But, ill have a pistol in my car/home always.
As far as fighting to defend yourself?.. Your preachin to the quire bro... Sometimes the odds arent in your favor myman... Also, probation/court cost/fines is such a bullshit hassle.. Sure most of the time you get away with it. This day in age.. Id rather stick a gun on whoever had it coming, and not even get my slacks dirty/break a sweat.

Last edited:
Oh well, I wasn't applying it to every situation. I mean, read up on laws in your state and always use discretion.

I live in a "Stand your Ground" state. Along with Castle Law, stand your ground allows you to protect yourself from "grave bodily harm" and its all pretty well outlined in the text. So yea, always balance your options.

Stand your ground, alllows you to protect yourself, and given that youre under the law, you can't even be arrested, or face any charges whatsoever.

Then theres living with the fact that you took a life. I'm not a gunho person by all means, just not going to be shorted on some bullshit.

2nd Am. ftw.

I respect your ideas as well.

I live in a big city (like NYC and only like 40min away from NYC by plane) and have had my share of fights and attacks.
fuk im a bouncer at a club in the city.
i have been robbed.
life goes on.
better then having a death on my mind.
if i got a gun it would be for the job that needs to be done, then id get ride of it. grow some ballz man lol.

it can save your life and the life of a loved one. to think that everything is going to be OK if you just surrender to the bad guy(s) is retarded. btw i don't carry just to save my wallet, i carry to potentially save my life or others around me.

Last edited:
this is what i carry in the summer, they make it in .38 and .357(ouch), 5 shot and very small and very light.

hammerless--you cant go wrong with a hammerless revolver IMO. no snags and no jams. done deal.

airweight aluminum for one of the lightest unloaded guns i have felt.

However, with the short barrel accuracy is laughable.......but

15-20 feet or less your good to go.

This is the exact gun Kingfriday is talking about. SW 642. Comes highly recommended as a gun for CCW owners.

I have the red dot laser on mine though. :)

Last edited:
Man i rented a glock 19 the other weekend. . and I couldnt hit shit w it. Im not sure if the sights were off or what. I wasnt impressed though. Kicked more than other 9's ive shot too

Man i rented a glock 19 the other weekend. . and I couldnt hit shit w it. Im not sure if the sights were off or what. I wasnt impressed though. Kicked more than other 9's ive shot too

rentals suck, they are abused.

I have a glock 22, police issued, nite sights.

Shoots on the money, all 16 rounds. :)

Big heavy gun for CCW, but one of my favorites.

why do amaricans "NEED" a gun in there boot or purse. most of the rest of the world is doing just fine with a fist, brick or knife.
no offence ment.
I just find it funny how just because of a braul many years ago and a law (that i feel is out dated) was made giving all patrons the right to bare arms. is still in effect when most people shouldent even be driving.
I feel the law shoudl eb changed. its liek saying "HEY i want him hanged for walking in the white peoples door to the bar" because some point in time that was the law, things change. if usa is invaded i assure you a gun aint gonna do shit at this point it will be a whole city or block blown up...

again no attack directed at you, just venting i guess. lol
:destroy:

We are all afraid of the Media...haha

I don't understand why anyone would use a revolver.

We are all afraid of the Media...haha

I don't understand why anyone would use a revolver.

For CCW, Personal Protection. Really?

I thought I explained it fairly well.

First and foremost.

Reliability. Cannot be argued.

Snag proof(hammerless)

Just to name a couple.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-97299.html

End of story.

NO offense meant boss.

IMO, For the OP's original thread questions this type of gun fits the bill to the T. I think cost is just over 300 as well.

Last edited:
kel tec is a good gun for the money .
38 snub nosed [ hammerless ] smith / wesson or taurus is a tried and true gun thats simple to use
i have a ultra small and light [ poly frame ] kahr 9 that is SWEET , i think they make a 380 now as well.
taurus makes a 380 now that i hear is very good

i prefer the sig p238 (too pricey though i know), kel-tec p3at or even the ruger lcp, all good, but the kel-tec i personally had a couple fte's and ftf's during break in but after that no problems, i say sig was the most reliable out of the selections being i fired about 1000 rounds without a single problem even during break in. That was a fun day :)...not my carry option of choice tho, i have a g36 strapped at all times with a Crossbreed supertuck holster and 45 Winchester Ranger-t 230g +p hollowpoints as carry ammo of choice....i almost forget it's there occasionally...awesome sauce boyz! ;)

but you can't go wrong with a good ol 5 round cylinder revolvers...they'll almost always go bang regardless of neglect every time you pull that trigger. :)

@Kristoffer: dude.... .357 snubbies SUUUUCK and not because of reliability issues, revolvers are amazing...it's just it sux because after 30 rounds through one i was done! :0

Last edited:
kel tek is little cheaper than the taurus. the .380 is a great gun for a girl( smaller hands) you can get the pinky clips if you need extra room.

i agree, i wouldnt want to be hit with any kind a gun......

one shot one kill.

i bet they made you buy their reloaded ammo to use it with the gun. in my experience at some ranges is that they wont let you use your ammo in their gun. the 9mm rounds of the reloaded range ammo from the range near me is def stronger than some cheap WWB 9mm. it almost feels like a +P. that maybe why you felt like it kicked more.....

I just picked up a Glock 21 for me and a 38 special Smith & Wesson for my wife.

Love them both! :)

Back