I need medical advice ASAP!

Nimrod25

Long story short... I have extreme pain in my upper right pec right near my under arm whenever I lift over 350lbs or so on the bench, below that weight the pain is still there but it is bearable. My opinon is that I have a tendon problem, but I dont think it is too serious because I can lift but just not heavy, however if I cant lift heavy wtf is the point of lifting ya know? My stats right now, 5ft7 197lbs 6% bf. My biggest fear is that my tendons cant keep up with my muscle growth and I thats the case im fucked. Anyone with any ideas please feel free to chime in. One more thing, this happened about 3 weeks ago, and I rested it for a few days and iced it and applied heat, and it was much better, I could lift heavy about 330 and I was fine zero pain. Today I try to go 365, and the 4th rep bam, hurt like a bitch, but it doesnt feel like a pull or tear it feels like a black and blue would feel if I got punched, i dunno its very odd and very fucking annoying. Please help me out bros I need advice, I am heading to a doctor soon.

u might have a micro tare in ur pec. I have talk to a lot of guys that the same thing happened to and they said the best thing is just not to do chest or shoulder or anything that might aggravate it for a while and let it heal up.

That sounds accurate, I laid off for about 4 days and it was fine for a while even going heavy, but I guess maybe it wasn't fully healed.

Dewd... back off on it.. It sounds like a muscle facia tear. Stretch only and give it a few weak to heal, and you really won't loose anything.

I have full range of motion with minimum pain, in fact i was doing 100lb military presses with dumbells 2 days ago and I was fine. Its gotta be something with the bench press motion.

Nimrod25 said:
I have full range of motion with minimum pain, in fact i was doing 100lb military presses with dumbells 2 days ago and I was fine. Its gotta be something with the bench press motion.
have you tried varying your grip width to see if it helps . also try reverse grip benches for a while if changing the grip doesnt help . sometimes a little change can help a nagging pain .

I can't help you but you might want to get some more ideas from the Rehab board at AF. The mods there are PT's.

I had something that sounds exactly the same. right where the pec ties in with front delt, on eveyr rep it felt like it was going to rip. I took a week off, didnt help, so I just trained through it with tons of warmups, which wasnt the brightest thing. Your best bet would be dont do any chest work for at least two weeks

needsize said:
I had something that sounds exactly the same. right where the pec ties in with front delt, on eveyr rep it felt like it was going to rip. I took a week off, didnt help, so I just trained through it with tons of warmups, which wasnt the brightest thing. Your best bet would be dont do any chest work for at least two weeks
do as i say do not as i do . you havent had a baby very long and your allready talking like a true parent :D

Im seeing a very good muscle doctor on sunday and he knows what Im into and deals with guys like us alot. Needsize, did the pain ever go away?

DADAWG said:
do as i say do not as i do . you havent had a baby very long and your allready talking like a true parent :D

so true, I live my life that way

nimrod, it did go away but it took months. Then i showed up on the other pec, only this time it went away in weeks

Well thanks everybody. The only reason im optimistic is because I can throw 225 - 275 on the bar and bang out 8 or so and the pain is minimal, if it was a serious injury im guessing I wouldnt even be able to lift the bar alone. I will keep everyone updated Im seeing my doc sunday afternoon.

needsize said:
so true, I live my life that way

nimrod, it did go away but it took months. Then i showed up on the other pec, only this time it went away in weeks

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BACK IN SEPT 2002

thats why being back in the gym i have been slowly adding weight to any pec movements

Small tears have shown black/blue and become worse later. If you have insurance I'd see a doc pronto.

Yup im insured, and I am lucky enough to have a connection to a doc in LI who is not only top notch but understanding if u catch my drift, im very anxious to see whats up, I have no black and blues or swelling however I have slight discomfort upon firm touching or stretching in certain directions.

Back