Ideal bodyfat %

Venus

I'm 5'6 and weigh 126lbs. . Does anyone have an idea weigh my bodyfat % should be at. I want to be lean by May. I also hope to make impressive muscle gains in the process. I will post my before pics soon. Thanks for the help.

I think "ideal" depends on the individual... some girls want to see abs and be rock hard.. others are happy to have a softer smoother look... yet still being lean...

Have your bodyfat tested.. 5'6 at 126 seems pretty thin to me!

Nicole makes a very valid point in that ideal is really relative, however, if you are someone that wants to be really defined with some striations and vascularity, you will need to be in the 10% area.. 15% and under is nice and lean with good definition, but the more hardcore look comes in at 10 and under...

Realisticly 10% and under is going to be very tough, depending on your BF% now.. You will have to totally change your diet in a big way. Find out your BF then we can work with a plan to help you get to your goals. Stats also please. 5'6 at 126 is thin to me also, what dows your body look like now?

I'd have to agree. 10% is like 2 weeks out from a BB show. Those gals usually come in around 7%. Just had my BF checked last night, and I'm in the 4th week of a Prop/Var cycle. BF was just under 15%. I put on 8lbs of LBM in 4weeks....now I jsut gotta keep it!! LOL. 126 @ 5'6" sound thin. It kind of sounds like you need to not worry about what the scale says and how your body looks. You're not going to be comfortable with impressive muscle gains if you let that scale play it's mind games on you!!

YOu have the same stats as me pretty much! I am 5'5 and 1/2 and im 127...I have no clue of what my BF is right now cuz ive been scared to test it, but dont be scared of weight gain b/c your body fat will still be going down with added muscle! (like red squirrel said) :)

damn.. i have not seen the 120s in years LOL.. i am 5'5 and at 156 right now.. ( i am holding water and put on 5 lbs)

but me at 13%, i still hold at about 140 lbs... so competition weight for me is 130lbs and 7-8%...

but who cares about weight anyway right lol

supergirl said:
damn.. i have not seen the 120s in years LOL.. i am 5'5 and at 156 right now.. ( i am holding water and put on 5 lbs)

but me at 13%, i still hold at about 140 lbs... so competition weight for me is 130lbs and 7-8%...

but who cares about weight anyway right lol

I don't want to see the 120s ever again! It took me forever to surpass 125lbs.
To me, bodyweight is kinda insignificant, I tend to go by the mirror these days as fat testing can be off sometimes, especially when we start getting into the lower numbers.
If my abs are hard, then I"m happy!!!!
Wow, Supergirl 7-8% competition, that's nice. You are bodybuilding though right, not fitness?

Fyre said:
I don't want to see the 120s ever again! It took me forever to surpass 125lbs.
To me, bodyweight is kinda insignificant, I tend to go by the mirror these days as fat testing can be off sometimes, especially when we start getting into the lower numbers.
If my abs are hard, then I"m happy!!!!
Wow, Supergirl 7-8% competition, that's nice. You are bodybuilding though right, not fitness?

not sure what i am LOL... but fitness girls go in around 6-9%.. the softer girls are better for figure... so sometimes i want to do fitness but other times i want to be lazy and go for figure... i can't decide... but bodybuilding... nah.. i would have to be below 6% and that is close to impossible..

but i agree with you.. if my abs are hard, i am happy.. but my abs don;t get ripped until i am 10%.. my abs are the LAST place to rip up unfortunetly... but if i were 135 and 10% again i would be estatic!!!

I know mines not that low....weight doesnt matter, you are so right! Its how we're gonna look in those bikinis :)

At competition i am at 11% Bf
But I do figure comp. and i DON'T consider it as lazy!
Do you know what its like to stand there and pose with a smile while 35-40 other girls do their routines???!!
Honestly I'm not coordinated enough to do the fitness dancing parts

Back