I'm PISSED!

bigtest69

I just received 3 somaject kits from a really well known int. source (through domestic remailer). It was sent regular priority mail with NO ice packs. I live in the south and it is at least 80 degrees outside. Needless to say, I'm pissed. It has been my understanding that they are to be kept cold at all times. I would have gladly paid an extra couple of bucks for an ice pack!!!
Do you guys think the kits are ruined? If they are, I want a refund!!!

Ok, that makes me feel a little bit better as I know Nimrod is very knowledgable on this topic.
Any other opinions?

The source has responded (very politely) that the research he's done says the kits can stay out of the fridge for 3 weeks. It took 2 days to get here from up north so I don't see why there would be a problem..........

"The only GH that does NOT need to be refrigerated before mixing is Serono company. They hold a patent on a strain cultured from a different cell line of mammalian cells that makes the GH more stable in it's dry form. Lilly, Novo-Nordisk, Genentech, and our Somaject DO need to be kept refrigerated at ALL times. Generally speaking the GH will remain stable (as in not losing ANY bioactivity) for around 24 hours depending on conditions (heat, humidity, and light).

Next day air shipment is recommended, especially during hotter
seasons to avoid any loss of bioactivity.

Many people are under the impression that GH does not need to be refrigerated in it's "dry" form. But you can check the websites of lilly or any manufacturer and see different.

Hope this clears things up."

My office gets GH (Genotropin) directly from Pharmacia/Upjohn; it is ALWAYS shipped overnight on dry ice and it is recommended that it be stored in the fridge at all times.
Just FYI.

Back