Inability to Aromatase anymore?

Konflict

Past fin/saw palmetto user from 7 years ago who started developing new and worsening symptoms the past few months, and have no idea what is going on.

In the beginning of November I added a vitamin E mixed tocopherols supplement to my regemin that included b complex, vitamin D and a multi. After a few weeks I started feeling like shit and thought it was a stomach flu or virus, and continued use of everything until the first week of December. I had lost 15 lbs without trying during that time but my body was looking leaner with less fat. I had stopped taking them after that.

I wanted to continue trying to look lean and decided to go low carb after Christmas, and continued that diet up until January 15th, with the last week or so of the diet being very low carb (under 30g a day). And for the last 2 weeks I have developed new and worsening side effects that continue to increase even after stopping all supplements and going to a more balanced diet.

I have seen so many new side effects that I have NEVER had before just within the last 14 days. My body is still getting leaner, fat loss, inability to hold ANY water in my entire body which is causing me to be dry everywhere, cannot sweat, have excess urination, really bad depression and brain fog, severely bad bone and joint cracking and pain, muscle twitches, extremely cold, insomnia, really bad constipation (cannot pass a stool without taking Miralax 2x a day), decreased orgasm sensation, always feeling very cold. These symptoms keep getting worse by the day and none are subsiding. I have NEVER taken ANY anabolic steroid or hormones ever!!!

They all seem to point to low estrogen. I have read a few articles on vitamin e and how it can have an Aromatase inhibiting effect, as well as a low carb diet....but to my understanding your estrogen should start raising once you stop anything that blocks it. It seems mine isn't raising at all. Some PFS sufferers seem to not be able to raise their androgens at all, but it seems I have done that to my ability to Aromatase....at least that's my take on it.

I am really frightened and have no idea what is going on. I have some blood work I'm waiting for and will post anything I get, but we know blood work with PSF sufferers doesn't always show the whole story. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this where it seems ones estrogen is permanently stuck on low or empty? I have had a few suggestions of pregnenolone, and may try 5ahtp for my mental and sleep (have only slept about 2 hours a night every day since the symptoms came up)....but want to see the blood work and hear from some people here who know a lot more about hormones than I do. Any advice or input would be extremely appreciated.

Any input? I'm starting to feel like all my connective tissue is coming undon, all my joints are popping at an insane rate and I feel like I have osteoarthritis idk what to do

I wouldn't even want to guess without seeing bloodwork. I had really low E when I was suffering from really low T. Like too low to measure on the sensitive test. That was horrible and I've always wondered how much of that hell was due to the low E vs low T.

Good luck.

I wouldn't even want to guess without seeing bloodwork. I had really low E when I was suffering from really low T. Like too low to measure on the sensitive test. That was horrible and I've always wondered how much of that hell was due to the low E vs low T.

Good luck.

Just saying ^^^ I have crashed my E2 and it was really bad. I mean I felt like shit. Couldn't eat hardly and was in a fog.

Crashed my e2 several times never ever noticed only caught it because i was testing for other reasons. After a comp or my nipples get sore ill blast the shit out my estro pretty sure it returns to normal pretty quick. But thats another subject

This is why I prefer letro as an Aromatise inhibitor. It's very responsive to adjustments to dosage and the rebound effects are healthy.

Go get blood work. Anastrazole has been known to take a long time to recover from.

those are symptoms people get from low carb diets, that mimick hypothyroidism. Low carb diets decrease T4 to T3 conversion(the active thyroid hormone). People feel cold and sluggish and generally like shit.

Some people thrive on low carb, others feel like death. This is a genetic thing. If you want to "lean down" it's about being in a caloric deficit.

The most important macros are protein and carbs(Protein synthesis/nitrogen & Glycogen) fats enhance flavor profile of food and have some use in your body in small amounts.

If you are spooked about low E2, get labwork. What state do you live in? You can get private blood work, E2 will cost you around 40 bucks i think.

Some people are born with the inability to make aromatase, i doubt it thought. It is ridiculously rare.

Here's some recent bloodwork:

TSH: 2.75 uIu/mL
T3 Free: 3.55 PG/mL
DHEA: 213.6 uG/dL
Total Estrogens: 88 pg/mL
Estradiol: 18 PG/mL
Free Testosterone: 62.7 pg/mL
Testosterone: 341.27 NG/dL
Vitamin D3: 45 ng/mL
Prolactin: 10.4 NG/mL
Glucose: 101 MG/dl
A1c: 5.1%

Sodium: 136 MMOL/L
Potassium: 4.2 MMOL/L
Chloride: 99 MMOL/L
C02: 30 MMOL/L
BUN: 8 MG/dL
Creatinine: 0.8 MG/dL

And no I haven't taken a drug version AI before, all I had taken was vitamin E mixed tocopherols which I've read interferes with estrogen synthesis, and I was doing a super low carb diet which I read can mess with thyroid signaling. But I've been having these side effects about 2 weeks now and they keep getting worse.

Here's some recent bloodwork:

TSH: 2.75 uIu/mL
T3 Free: 3.55 PG/mL
DHEA: 213.6 uG/dL
Total Estrogens: 88 pg/mL
Estradiol: 18 PG/mL
Free Testosterone: 62.7 pg/mL
Testosterone: 341.27 NG/dL
Vitamin D3: 45 ng/mL
Prolactin: 10.4 NG/mL
Glucose: 101 MG/dl
A1c: 5.1%

Sodium: 136 MMOL/L
Potassium: 4.2 MMOL/L
Chloride: 99 MMOL/L
C02: 30 MMOL/L
BUN: 8 MG/dL
Creatinine: 0.8 MG/dL

And no I haven't taken a drug version AI before, all I had taken was vitamin E mixed tocopherols which I've read interferes with estrogen synthesis, and I was doing a super low carb diet which I read can mess with thyroid signaling. But I've been having these side effects about 2 weeks now and they keep getting worse.

How old are you? Your T is on the lower side of the spectrum, some may feel fine there and some may feel like shit. How's your erection quality and ability to retain lean mass/gain lean mass?

How old are you? Your T is on the lower side of the spectrum, some may feel fine there and some may feel like shit. How's your erection quality and ability to retain lean mass/gain lean mass?

Before a few weeks ago I felt really good, had a hard time putting on muscle but I had no pain or symptoms of what I've currently been feeling. Erection quality has been so so since I took finasteride and saw palmetto years ago, but now it's about the same now with less sensation.

I feel like I've messed myself up for life over that diet, I mean symptoms shouldn't get worse like this....I feel like I have osteoarthritis in my joints now and my bones crack more and more by the day.

Konflict, sounds like you are changing a whole bunch of variables at one time, so you will have a hard time trying to figure out what's going on.

I went zero carb a couple years back and a few weeks into it got what I thought was a cold. It wouldn't go away, lasted about three weeks, and now looking back I think it was the carbs and not a bug. Didn't have the joint issues you are describing, but generally felt like mild flu. If you are going to keep with the diet then up your salt intake big time, go back to taking your vitamins, and make sure you are getting a lot of healthy fats too. Think avacados, nuts, olive oil, omega 3 supplements.

And go get some new blood work so people here can have a better shot at noticing something.

Before a few weeks ago I felt really good, had a hard time putting on muscle but I had no pain or symptoms of what I've currently been feeling. Erection quality has been so so since I took finasteride and saw palmetto years ago, but now it's about the same now with less sensation.

I feel like I've messed myself up for life over that diet, I mean symptoms shouldn't get worse like this....I feel like I have osteoarthritis in my joints now and my bones crack more and more by the day.

wow, hope you can get better bro.

increase your fat intake and your iodine. It will make are a big difference. your levels are hypothyroid but its diet related. Fat isn't the enemy sugar is. depleting your carb dissent mean depleting your fats. Start supplementing good fats EFA and you should see a difference quickly with proper supplementation. Stay off the drugs get your diet right and your natural levels on for everything. get out in the sun and get your vitamins D levels up.

Your testosterone is garbage by any standards for a 30 y/o.

Your thyroid stimulating hormone is above average, but your free T3 isn't bad.

You can try diet at first(enough calories, fat, zinc, magnesium, etc) and make your vitamin D levels are optimal ( 40-80 ng/dL). Also make sure you get enough good sleep and lift weights regularly without overtraining.

You might be able to get yourself to a natural 500+ ng/dL. Barring that, i would consider TRT if you have symptoms that affect your quality of life( Fatigue, anxiety, erectile dysfunction/libido issues, depression, etc)

I take 5000 iU D3, and I've definitely been increasing my fat intake as well as carbs.

I don't think I can workout in this current condition, literally Everytime I move a joint it cracks and I'm getting pain my my bones. Funny because right before I felt these symptoms I was working out 4x a week. Also have extreme brain fog I can barely concentrate on anything.

Regardless of what my tests are saying, is there any possible test out there that can measure my bodies Aromatase activity?

your E2 levels are about what I'd expect for your test levels. Not sure why you would think you aren't aromatizing...you just won't have high E2 with no test to aromatize. Those levels are higher than mine with a healthy TRT dose and no AI.

Back