incredible scampi

huskyguy

300lbs of Heavenly Joy
Here is a great shrimp scampi recipe--I use what is left over and put it into omelets, on a pizza, on pasta, it is good inside a pita too.

Use the freshest ingredients you can get

Ingredients:

I large bag of frozen shrimp--I prefer the ones still in the shells and uncooked-they are fresher that way although you will have to shell them

2 carrots
1 stick of celery
2 green onions
5 toes of garlic
1 handful of sundried tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons of olive oil- or 4 pats of butter
cinnamon
nutmeg

Thaw frozen shrimp in cold water and shell shrimp. Finely chop garlic and put on shelled shrimp with one tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle cinnamon, and nutmeg on shrimp and let set in fridge while preparing the rest of the meal.

Slice carrots extremely thin, a cheese grater works too, finely chop green onions, celery and sundried tomatoes.

Add the rest of the olive oil into large frying pan, heat to 350 or so and add shrimp mixture. For extra taste add one pat of butter to the olive oil. Cook shrimp garlic, cinnamon nutmeg mixture, add finely chopped onions, carrots, celery and sundried tomatoes. Once onions are softening add cup of heavy cream--the heat on the pan should be high and cream should immediately bubble and boil--stir consistently for about a minute or so and its finished.

I like to make a lot of this and keep it in tupperware to add to omelets, sandwiches on top of salads or pasta-it is delicious.

another great sounding recipe bro. Keep em coming. Maybe ill make meself a huskyguy cookbook for my bulking time this winter. Just don't overcook your shrimp, or they'll get chewy.

Back